• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello to everyone

Comment

Tomislav from Croatia, Like everyone else I have come seeking answers, and where I can apply, giving some as well.

Comment

Hey everyone! I'm David, no real electrical experience but I do love to tinker around with repairing things. Hope to gain some real knowledge from you electrical veterans.

Comment

Hello, seams like a nice forum

Comment

Hi all. First of all I want to say Thanks to founders of this great forum which helps amateur ''engineers''.. My name is Juraj I am 33 years old, originally from Slovakia. I have studied Industrial Automation, and like building and fixing different things - not only the electronics. At the moment I work as an AV engineer in UK , but we only install things we don't fix them. We do bin 1-2 years old faulty TV/Plasma sets which seems to be pity. I have got good soldering skills from college as I have build few amplifiers from scratch , FM transmitters ,Different LED flasher etc.. I am slowly getting Plasma/LCD Amateur ''fixing bug'' so that's why I have joined this forum- so I can learn from you ''pro'' guys.

Comment

Meet the Newbie

Hi Everyone,

As you will see I am not only new to this forum but I am new to forums in general. So I apologize before hand if I am not posting properly

I live in the high desert of Central Oregon with my wife and two children.
              I process scrap metal for a living and in the process of breaking down junk computers struck up an interest in them. My first computer was Windows 3.1 and my hobbies include computers (of course), fishing and the great outdoors.

I hope to learn a lot and I promise to keep cussing to a minimum

Thanks, Reed

Comment

Hello All!

Comment

I just like fixing stuff..

Comment

Hi! I found this site while looking for info about fixing my LCD TV.

Comment

Hello, this site seems like great help for tv repair, I have a LOT of questions

Comment

Great site. Hope to fix my tv and contribute something - thank you.

Comment

Hello everyone. Already have learned a lot from this site. Hope to be able to fix my vizio led tv.

Comment

component newbie here. ive slowly been learning about these tiny electronic boards, circuits, and such. so, be patient with me while I earn some soldering scars. thanks for the help in advance!

Comment

Just searching around the internet to see if I could get some clues to help me fix my LCD TV and found this really interesting forum. I'll be posting the details on that soon. In the meantime, a little about myself: I have a degree in EE, spent 17 years working for a large aerospace military contractor, and hate to throw anything out until I have given it my best shot at repair. Surprisingly, I have been more successful than not in that regard. But, I found out that by asking an expert, you can usually save a lot of headache and time. Who knows, I might even be able to contribute something as well.

Comment

Hi everyone, new here. I built a custom thermoelectric fridge using a power supply/controller I saved from the landfill, which came out of an Avanti countertop water dispenser that someone left by the dumpster in my apartment complex. It's one of those Chinese boards (Hanny), similar to what you'd find in a Chefmate or Haier thermoelectric fridge or wine cooler. My electronics knowledge is fairly limited but I am attempting to figure out how to add a 12VDC input to my ~0.7 cu. ft. fridge to be able to use it on the road or with my solar/battery off-grid system. I know the board takes 120VAC and steps it down to 12VDC so if someone can help me figure out where exactly 12VDC is formed on the board so I can solder in a lead, that would be mucho appreciated!

Comment

Hi. Look s a great forum for technical information. I have done some electrical repairs before and im looking to be able to fix more difficult stuff/ Looking for info on trying to fix a 42" LCD tv at the moment.

Comment

Well my name is Richie. I am the repairs manager for RainWise Inc. I work on circuit boards normally and dabble in software here and there along with industrial calibration of sensors. I also tend to fix a wide range of electronics at home for a second income, gotta love Xboxs.

Comment

Hi all,
                                      My name is Jeff and I was given what looks to be a never used Toshiba L775 because the person couldn't access the bios, so I'm here to hopefully get it up and running and learn as much as I can for a possible repair hobby.

Comment

Hello,

I have a few Power Mac G4s with shaky power supplies and I'm so glad I found this website for help with getting them solid!

-Stevo

Comment

Hi to everyone. I'm flattire69 and I have a problem with my samsung pn42c450 plasma. Hopefully I can get some info on how to resolve my problem. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                          X