This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hi Everybody :-) just want to say a quick hello. Found my way here via google trying to diagnose a temperamental sharp LC46XD1E. Big thanks for all the information I've read so far.

Comment

Hello everyone. Found this site while searching for info on a particular cap on my motherboard. Will post about it soon

Comment

Hello! well I registered some months ago trying to get information about how to repair a viewsonic vx1940w which had bad caps. I successfully repaired it and it was working ok until today.. when it went Poof literally =(, so I came back for more help!. Thanks for the forums!

Comment

Hello
          My name is Luca and I am connected from italy I hope that with a little patience I can grow professionally.
          unfortunately I do not speak English very well so for now use google translate hope the translation is good
          however it is a pleasure to meet you

Comment

Hi, looks like a potentially nice forum about the kind of stuff I do when trying to repair electronics!
            Look forward to the discussions.

Comment

Hello!

I learned to repair and build computers back in the early days of home computing....and I can remember when a keyboard weighed about the same as many computers today! I work with nonprofits in the human services area, and created a 10,000 sq. ft. community computer center which provided free access to equipment and training and included an Intel Computer Clubhouse for kids.

Monitors are a bit beyond my skill set.....but I have a 3 year old I-Inc. IH252 24" monitor that of course stopped working a month after my extended warranty wore out! grrrrrrrr!

I have opened it up and the caps all look fine....but I will post about that when I figure out where to post and how this forum works.

Thanks to the creators for this endeavor and helping us all not be slaves to the corporate machine, having to ditch equipment when it can be salvaged!

Donna

Comment

Hello, FlatOverCrest here. I recently acquired a new challenge. I love electronics (usually simple stuff) and thought I would try something new... like plasma tv repair.

Thanks!

Comment

Hello, looking for help repairing my old Optiquest Q241wb monitor. This appears to be a good place to look.

Comment

Hi, I am an old guy who has never been able to keep his fingers out of stuff. When I was somewhere around 8 or 10 yrs, my parents friends thought it was great sport to give me a screwdriver and watch me disassemble/reassemble their expensive Hoover in the middle of the living room floor. Now 73, retired, and doing the same thing with TV's, computers, etc. So it was inevitable that I land here - sooner or later. Dan

Comment

Hi all just found this very helpful site. Started with a Sinclair ZX81 (Timex I think in the States) plus 16k add on memory! Then the incredible Commodore 64 and on to the Amiga 500. Still interested and playing with computers after all these years and different jobs. 65 now and still going forward :-) Thanks for the site and forums.

Comment

Hi All, came across this site after by 4 year old LCD TV died and will post later looking for some help. Looks like a great site with lots of technical info.

Hans

Comment

I've been using this site for some time now and love it. It's great to see people who care enough to fix something rather than spend 10x as much on another piece of crap.

Comment

Hello My name is Edgar and I am new to the badcaps community. I am recent grad from cal poly pomona and I recently working as a manufacturing technician.

Nice to meet you all!!!

Comment

Hey there, pc engineer, hardware repairs, learning electronics, gone bang once already but still interested! lol

Good to meet some fellow techinically minded peeps

Have a good day

Use the Force Jedi!

Comment

Hi all, I am mazdaroy, someone just learning the ropes of electronics so please be patient with me at times.

Comment

Good morning, all!

I found BadCaps in a number of searches for a couple of different electronics issues over the years and I have a problem now I bet this community can help with. Here's my intro message.

My name is Jesse and I'm in Florida, USA. I've been involved in computing since the 80s with a Commodore64 and currently write Java software for a healthcare vendor. I'm also a self-taught shade-tree mechanic doing almost all my own car repair (including motor work, suspension/brake replacements, etc.). I have a thing about strangers in my house, so I tend to do as many of my own home repairs as possible (plumbing, drywall, light electrical).

Basically, I know a little about a lot of subjects and don't mind getting my hands dirty.

Looking forward to learning more form you all!

Comment

HI evryone i'm news here. i subscribe in this forum for search common utility and to resolve some , i'm IT electronician engineer , irepair some electronic and computer parts . i wish it's a good forum for me and thanks for accept in your forum

Comment

Hello name is Kevin and I am located in south MS area. I have been doing some research on issues with my t.v. and this site has came up a few times. I figured go ahead and register since you guys/gals seem to be the smarter folks online and are willing to help with issues. I hope to have a plesent visit here on the forums and also hope I can figure out my problem.

Comment

Hello to everyone, great site for tv repair.

Comment

Hi all,

I work in R&D telecom as software engeneer but i like to play with electronics (my first training) and give a second life to old stuff

Great site ! thanks !!

Comment

Working...
                                          X