X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello & Happy New Year too all,
    I am a bit techie but it seems not so good at T/Sing to a component level, I have a 24 " Soyo that did not respond to a ReCap and a Fellows relay operated surge protectceor that did not just need a new bridge rectifier

Comment

I can't type or spell either.

Comment

hello all,

im scott from the uk, like to tinker with stuff I buy dead or not dead then kill myself, I have all the basic needs of an enthusiast, i.e limited tools, limited knowledge, but lots of time to learn.

Comment

tinker, bad vizio, found this forum

Comment

Hello all,
            Nothing better to do than freeze here in Iowa so want to repair some pcb components that have gone bad. Look forward to receive feedback in this forum.

Comment

Happy New Year everyone!

I'm Bill from the USA. I have a bad PSU on a Philips plasma TV that I'm looking to repair. Came here for some tips.

Comment

Hello & Happy New Year too all !!!!

Comment

Originally posted by petabyte View Post
                  As this is a brand new forum, I thought I'd open up a thread to encourage new members to introduce themselves a bit.. now hey.. let's not get too personal.. ok ?

And if you wouldn't mind to keep this thread \"clean\" let's try to keep the the chitchat (i.e. even the welcome to the board replies) to a minimum or this thread may get to 100 pages fast

So I'll start things off :

My name is petabyte and I'm a forum junkie. :oops: I've been off the wagon for a number of years and countless times I've tried to stop but it's useless.. I need to feed my learning addiction.. :!:

Now just a bit about me.. I'm a fairly secretive guy in terms of privacy on the net.. especially when the things you write are visable to anyone with a net connection. But I love to share the info and knowledge I have, so that's why I'm here, to share and learn.

my formal education is that of an electronic engineer and I held a field service position with a firm for over 20 years.. that job is gone now along with company car and laptop <cry> oh well..
                  So needless to say (but i will) I've always tinkered with things.. yes, a hacker.. (too bad that term lost it's orignal meaning) a hardware hacker mostly.. hacking fixes in whatever I find that breaks.. (except for cars, I have friends for that) I got started a little late into the computers, my first box was an ibm pc-xt with a whopping 10meg HD,blazing fast 4.66mhz 8086 processor, 640k mem running dos 3.3.. man was I cool back then.. :roll: nevermind..

so these days, I'm forced to be a software guy as well.. as I fix pc's for friends and that usually means cleaning virus/trojan/adware and reinstalling OS's.. yeah hardware breaks but not that often :cry: so as a result, I keep up on my software knowledge by visting a few security forums.. and trolling around a few hardware forums as well.

now I found this place from a thread at motherboards.org/forums
                  where I've been hanging out lately.. it's a nice friendly place with some pretty smart people.. mostly, of course, it's about mobo's.. So this person mentioned badcaps.net and I recalled reading articles a year or so ago about the faulty caps and was curious as to what you guys were up to.. and I said \"w00t.. they have a forum\"..

and so now.. you're stuck with me :P

so what's your story ? come on.. give it up..
                  hello

Comment

Originally posted by petabyte View Post
                    As this is a brand new forum, I thought I'd open up a thread to encourage new members to introduce themselves a bit.. now hey.. let's not get too personal.. ok ?

And if you wouldn't mind to keep this thread \"clean\" let's try to keep the the chitchat (i.e. even the welcome to the board replies) to a minimum or this thread may get to 100 pages fast

So I'll start things off :

My name is petabyte and I'm a forum junkie. :oops: I've been off the wagon for a number of years and countless times I've tried to stop but it's useless.. I need to feed my learning addiction.. :!:

Now just a bit about me.. I'm a fairly secretive guy in terms of privacy on the net.. especially when the things you write are visable to anyone with a net connection. But I love to share the info and knowledge I have, so that's why I'm here, to share and learn.

my formal education is that of an electronic engineer and I held a field service position with a firm for over 20 years.. that job is gone now along with company car and laptop <cry> oh well..
                    So needless to say (but i will) I've always tinkered with things.. yes, a hacker.. (too bad that term lost it's orignal meaning) a hardware hacker mostly.. hacking fixes in whatever I find that breaks.. (except for cars, I have friends for that) I got started a little late into the computers, my first box was an ibm pc-xt with a whopping 10meg HD,blazing fast 4.66mhz 8086 processor, 640k mem running dos 3.3.. man was I cool back then.. :roll: nevermind..

so these days, I'm forced to be a software guy as well.. as I fix pc's for friends and that usually means cleaning virus/trojan/adware and reinstalling OS's.. yeah hardware breaks but not that often :cry: so as a result, I keep up on my software knowledge by visting a few security forums.. and trolling around a few hardware forums as well.

now I found this place from a thread at motherboards.org/forums
                    where I've been hanging out lately.. it's a nice friendly place with some pretty smart people.. mostly, of course, it's about mobo's.. So this person mentioned badcaps.net and I recalled reading articles a year or so ago about the faulty caps and was curious as to what you guys were up to.. and I said \"w00t.. they have a forum\"..

and so now.. you're stuck with me :P

so what's your story ? come on.. give it up..
                    hello need to ask question?

Comment

hello

Comment

Hey everyone I'm new here trying to get some help fixing my lcd monitor

Comment

found this forum while researching problem with Panasonic TC-P50G20. Need access to he posted .pdf files to get more info.

Also have old tube based organ that needs a new tube or two, is there a place to find replacement tubes?

Comment

New to the site, looking forward to learning from those who are willing. It amazes me how people just discard their old electronics instead of figuring out what is wrong with them.

Comment

Hi - new member here. Doing circuit board repairs here in Maine !

Comment

So glad I found this forum. Excellent information and very talented people here. I got into messing with TV when mine bite the dust. My first large screen plasma, a panny that only lasted a bit more than 3 years. That one is still sitting here dead, but I have had some luck with other dead sets that have come my way. I used to install and service the DLP projectors in movie theaters but little experience at board level repair. I'm sure I will have what may seem silly questions so I hope everyone will be patient with somewhat of a newbie. Thanks for having me.

Comment

Hello everyone. Hope this helps.

Comment

Salve, sono un tecnico riparazioni TV, con 25 anni di esperienza, saluto tutti i membri del forum, augurando Buon Anno 2014.
                                    Nel mio piccolo spero di dare e ricevere supporto tecnico.

Saluti.
                                    Gaetano

Comment

Hello!

Comment

Hello everyone I have a problem with my TV the fuse keeps blowing and I have found that the SCK 054 which I have been told is a thermistor cap is blown however the person who told me this thinks the problem is elsewhere on the board so I have sent some board details below have any of you any idea what could be the problem with the none functioning TV please? Thank You Chris
                                        The motherboard says it is a 2007-06-01 date and the number on it says LS19040064 version 2.0. The tv is a proline 19" lcd tv-dvd the model is LVD198W.

Here is what I asked on the pinkfish site:
                                        Hi, I have a green coloured capacitor cap which has blown on my TV power supply board. I obviously need a new one but I was wondering when you refit the new cap how do you know which way round to soldier the appropriate wire lug? Does any one have this type of capacitor that they could sell me the only info on the capacitor is SCK 054 does this make sense to you as I don't have a schematic diagram to tell me what type it is! Many Thanks Chris

Comment

Hi.

I've found this forum to be very helpful.

Bonzo

Comment

Working...
                                          X