This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good Evening

My name is Stephan Lettenga and I live in South Africa and have IT Shop. I sell and do repairs in my shop. Its small store but I make living from it.

Comment

Hello everyone,

I'm ABU BAKARR BAH, a passionate and experienced technician specializing in laptop and phone repairs. With over 8 years in the industry, I've developed a keen eye for diagnosing issues and delivering efficient solutions that keep devices running smoothly.

Throughout my career, I've had the opportunity to work with a wide range of device models, gaining hands-on experience in fixing both common and complex problems. Whether it's a hardware malfunction, software glitch, or something in between, I'm here to help.

I joined this community not only to offer my services but also to contribute to our shared knowledge base. I believe that through collaboration and sharing our experiences, we can all grow and enhance our skills. I look forward to helping you resolve your technical issues and learning from the valuable experiences you all bring to the table.

Feel free to reach out to me if you need repair advice or if you're facing a technical challenge with your laptop or phone. Let's keep our devices running at their best!

Looking forward to making great connections and contributing to our community!

Best regards, ABU BAKARR BAH

Comment

Hi Quick intoduction on me, very quick. I fix electronics as a hobby. I am self taught on most things. I have several computers and laptops. My main computer was built some time ago by me (I usually find it best if I do it, too many shady stores selling overpriced PCs these days). It is MSI MEG Godlike, 64 GB Corsair Vengeance RAM, MSI RTX 2080 Super Video card, with 850 Watt Power Supply. I am retired and worked in IT Security.

Comment

hi, im just a regular dude

Comment

Hello,

I'm just a young guy from Italy, my daily job is in IT but i have a perpetual passion for electronics, i often take up repair jobs from friends with no charges, only the condition "if i manage it's free, if i don't and it explodes you will not blame me"
            I am modestly pretty good at SMD soldering, i have a very steady hand and little to none flux obsession.
            I always went blind or by logic with repairs, it's the first time i stumble upon this site and the prospect of having Schematics is pretty exciting.
            As i mentioned everything i do is in my spare time so i dont expect to be too active in the community.

Comment

Cześć jestem kuba i lubię elektronikę

Comment

Hello, I am from Spain and here to hopefully learn a bit more of DIY microelectronic soldering, so I can try to fix broken electronics I have around the house

Comment

Hello!!! I'm from Brazil, i work as a full time medical equipment technician, and i'm here seeking for more knowledge so i can offer a better service for my clients.

Comment

Hello everyone! Hope i can learn something

Comment

Michael Honsinger here. I sometimes I go by MickeyFnord. Trying to troubleshoot a Vizio TV is how I found this site. Looks like a cool community!

Comment

Hi !

I just joined up after reading several informative posts. I don't really want to bore anyone with details of my experience, so I'll just say that I've been working in various aspects of electronics for more years than I care to admit.

Recently I've been troubleshooting the SMPS on my TCL 65" TV. I actually "fixed" the TV with a "new" Power Supply board, but my curiosity has got the best of me, and I want to figure out the problem to the component level on my bad power supply. I have managed to get the bad board working with a minor cheat (bypassing the PS_ON signal to allow all VCC voltages to turn on). All voltages are now running with the PS board in "stand alone" mode on the bench.

I think I have narrowed the problem down to one of the optocouplers and/or an NPN SMD transistor. Since TCL would not give me a schematic, I have traced out a schematic for the majority of the circuit, but I would like to know a little more about the SMD transistor that I "bypassed" (C to E) to get the PS running. I would like to replace the transistor but without the part #, I don't know enough about what would be a suitable replacement. I would like to hear from anyone (BUDM, are you out there ?) who might have a little more information about the VCC startup circuitry.

I can supply more detail about the PS Board and the area of the circuit I'm working on if anyone is interested in helping.

Thanks in advance !

Comment

Hello everyone! Im new here, , anyways, I'm Jo, I am here to learn more about electronics. I have some basics but its not enough

Comment

New tech. always need help testing motherboards.

Comment

Hi there! I'm Mike, an experienced IT technician with a passion for solving tech puzzles and ensuring smooth operations in the digital realm. With a knack for troubleshooting and a deep understanding of various systems and networks, I thrive in fast-paced environments where every day brings new challenges. From hardware to software, I'm your go-to person for all things tech-related. Let's collaborate to keep your systems running seamlessly!

Comment

Hi All,

Came across this amazing place while looking to repair my laptop's BIOS. Built a replacement laptop for cheap from eBay, saved a BIOS setting, poof a blank screen with no POST on reboot. Last time I was editing a BIOS was back when the EPA logo was a thing :s

Looking forward to catching up on how these new BIOS chips work.

Comment

Recently, I'm interested to modding Bios. Purpose to learn and upgrade my mini pc. I think this place that able to help resolve my issue.

Comment

Hello from Tasmania Australia!

I am a retired Cyber Security consultant embarking on my life-long dream to develop new art with video and audio/music production. Themed in philosophy and religion.

I hope to complete a video/audio studio build during 2024. I hope to give and get help in this venture on this very forum, with respect to the large collection of AV gear that I have just procured. Including standard 576i/p PAL video cameras, processers, video effect units. 100+ guitar pedals, 20+ synths, 5 samplers, various sequencers.

Hello to all you beautiful forum members and thank you for creating this great online environment, and maintaining it! I really appreciate it.

Sincerely,
                                    Anthony.

PS: In the spirit of good faith I have made a PayPal donation. Thank you. I encourage users to also donate.
                                    Last edited by anthonyjd; 05-07-2024, 05:10 AM. Reason: Notice of donation and encourage others to follow suit.

Comment

hey guys

my name is steffen and have ben using a few years trying to learn to repaier mainboard mainly laptop boards and now ive spent a fortune with tools so i go full time into it now and spent most of my time fixing laptops for costumers now having my own busyness.

Comment

hey guys
                                        my name is cwfinspector. i am a secondhand laptops practitioners who from guangzhou city, China. i bid many laptops from japan and usa.

Comment

Hi i m jalel from algeria. I have my own business. i m new here i m interested with repairing computer and phones hardware and softwares. Hope you help me
                                          thank you in advance

Comment

Working...
                                          X