Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello I am interested in tech and currently trying to remove a password from a zbook

Comment

Hi All, just bought an hot air station, getting my feet wet in BGA soldering. Going to try mem upgrade on my Mac mini

Comment

Electronics Hobbyist. Long time user of this site. I remember purchasing caps from this site back in 2008.

Comment

I am a journalist and graphic artist from Brazil.
          I've been working with digital art for a long time and I've had some experience with book illustration, animation and comics.
          Found the fortum while trying to solve some problems I'm having with an old Surface Pro 3.

Comment

Hey all, found of this place through one of my favorite repair YouTubers.

Been fixing computers for 15 or so years. Currently, I work full time as a repair technician at a very popular retailer. Getting burnt out badly due to unrealistic expectations and feeling unsatisfied as we "replace" more than repair.

Been studying micro soldering repairs in my free time for 1-2 years, as it disgusts me to quote a customer a $1500 motherboard for what is likely a blown capacitor on their gaming laptop, as per company policy.

Have gotten some repetitions in with a Weller iron and some through-hole capacitors, stuff like that. Trying out different techniques, solder, flux, tips etc to get as much experience as possible before a "live" micro repair.

Hoping to take the next step and start getting hands-on with schematics and boardview, and getting educated enough to justify purchasing a bench psu, hot-air station, mini-pen, and scope in hopes of eventually opening my own repair business.

Needless to say, I'm excited to be here!
            Thanks

Comment

I repair stuff here and there - mostly for fun.

Comment

Hi!,

Im Frank, i juat wanto to erase the bios of my zbook 14 g2.

Comment

hey guys i repair laptops - excited to be here.

Comment

Electronic hobbyists for 20 years, usually i repair “old” electronics. Nowadays parts are very small so i buy microscope at i can try repair smd electronics!

Comment

New guy here. Found this site looking for a boardview for an MSI 1660 Super Ventus. Thinking I have a short upstream of the Vmem inductor. First real PCB project, so still in the last as much as you can phase.

Comment

Hello everyone. I'm new guy here. My name is Mike, I'm from Ukraine. Glad to join the team 🙂

Comment

Hi

Comment

HI.I'M LAPTOP REPAIR TECHNICIAN I WOULD LIKE TO JOIN WITH YOU ALL AND I WILL SHARE WHAT I KNOW AND ALL YOU CAN SHARE KNOWLADGE WITH ME.THANK YOU.

Comment

Hola un saludo a todos,soy aficionado a la electronica y he encontrado esta pagina buscando informacion,pero tambien deseo aportar en lo que pueda.

Comment

Im fran cis from phillippinnes
                                ANd i thank you

Comment

Hi,

Greetings from Finland. I've been working with electronics since 1994, so all started fixing and tinkering stuff…but nowdays Im working electronics as ”hobby” to fix things.

Pete

Comment

Greetings,

Here's my mandatory introduction. I'm from Portugal and work in the semiconductor industry. I need to fix my MacBook so joined the site with the hopes of getting that done.

As a side note, it's a shame to have worked my whole working life helping the giants that build the machines I need to fix but being only able to do so with the help of initiatives like this one. You have my sincere gratitude.

Comment

Hello everyone. I'm glad to meet you all

Comment

Hello everyone

Comment

bonjour,
                                          je suis un ancien
                                          bon d

Comment

Working...
                                          X