Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi all, I'm here trying to fix a surface pro.

Comment

A little about me: I've always been fascinated by electronics, ever since I was a kid taking apart my toys to see how they worked (much to my parents' chagrin!). Over the years, that curiosity has only grown, and now I find myself tinkering with all sorts of gadgets and devices in my spare time.

While I may not be a professional technician (yet!), I'm eager to learn and contribute wherever I can. Whether it's troubleshooting a tricky issue, sharing tips on repairs, or just engaging in discussions about the latest tech trends, I'm excited to be part of this community and soak up all the knowledge you wonderful folks have to offer.

In terms of my specific interests, I'm particularly drawn to restoring vintage electronics. But I'm also open to exploring new areas and expanding my skill set along the way.

Outside of my electronic pursuits, you can usually find me in coding. I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you and becoming an active member of this vibrant community.

Feel free to drop me a line anytime, whether it's to say hello, share advice, or just chat about our shared passion for all things electronic. Let's make some connections and have some fun together!

Comment

Hello everyone, I'm positive I've already introduced myself on here but my phone isn't the best so maybe I didn't haha, anyway, I'm a Geordie from Newcastle upon tyne obviously, I'm black & white through & through....

Comment

Hello Everyone. I'm so happy to join the space, looking forward to share and learn as much as I can. Thank You 😄

Comment

New Members - please post your introductions here

Welcome oreynid. we like to have fun here.

we also manage to answer questions too.

Comment

New Members - please post your introductions here

Welcome oreynid. we like to have fun here.

we also manage to answer questions too.

Comment

I am Miro from the land of entrapment,
                kids hell nah they smell funny
                Married thought i was guess it means something different to everyone
                Mac Im a DJ and dont like giving my money to apple refurbs or open boxes onlu
                My mac came with a fake aopple store a back door and apparently username was non existent when contacted support.
                2 drops of water splashed on key board, now no turn on so pissed iput it in drawer since July 23 now I got to record an album
                so here i am, tech told me i probably destroyed the sensitive layers of the board and that they will most likely charge over 600 and I would need a new MB
                after I specifically asked the cost to replace two shorted PP bus modules and asked if they got a thermal cam since the place looked like starbucksfor mac repair. He said about two weeks they would have to ship it out.
                disregarding me telling him i been a tech my whole life he continued his spill about how DIY siuations are the worst and again my board looks broke, I no clue as their is no fried components and so decide to try pauls software as i enjoy the you tubes who
                knows may go into apple repair after this seems those users are ripped off daily.

Napster User and Myspace when they came out, one of the first demonoid nerds after 2011 lost love for the game after being laid off 3 times in 2011 during the crash. Now im bak

Comment

Hey all a sleep deprived 33 year old geek here!

When it comes to electronics I started young,like 8 years old young. Tearing apart VCRs and such and by 10 I could find my way around windows and defrag the HD and restore the computer.

Found my way here because I too have an activation locked MacBook M1 pretty new (2020) was left behind when a less than desirable person got kicked out of the apartment building and the neighbor brought it to me to try and set up for her. So far no luck with the PW and I'm considering just getting a bootable USB for it because the neighbor and I have been hammering our heads to the wall and no luck getting it to work yet.

Comment

HI
                    MY NAME IS KASHIF FROM LAPTOP REPAIR CENTRE IN CAPE TOWN SOUTH AFRICA , WE DOING LAPTOP REPAIR ALMOST 10 YERS

BEST REGARDS
                    KASHIF

Comment

Hi everyone! I' m a newbie in motherboard repairs, I joined this forum to have some suggestions in my first repairs. I'm from Rome, Italy I'm 45 and I've been always a Mac lover and big Commodore Amiga user in childhood. I like to repair everything is interesting for me and I think I can learn a lot from you guys here.

Systems had so far:

- Intellivision
                      - MSX machines
                      - Commodore Amiga 500, 600, 1200
                      - iMac late 2012
                      - Mac mini 2012
                      - Mac Pro 2008
                      - MacBook Air 2020 M1

Hope to have fun with you guys, cheers!

Comment

Hi all,
                        just starting my repairs journey but keen to learn

Comment

Hey,

I've worked for a while in a PC repair shop, however did not have the opportunity to do a lot of board repairs, due to lack of equipment and knowledge from my colleagues on the topic.
                          Funny enough the only soldering we were doing was changing Bad Caps lol.

I'm on my solo journey now, learning on the go with old, free and found electronics. I'm still on the edge of the basics, all assistance will be gladly taken.

Comment

Hello! My name is Ramon and I have been dabbling in electronics since the late 70s. I became a ham in the early 80s. I am glad to be here. 73

Comment

I guess it's my time to present myself here.

Hello, I'm Stein from stein-labs. A solo-handed project related mostly to information security.

I'm currently getting into the world of low-level flashing and firmware dumping for fun and stuff.

I hope I can give as much as the community gave me in these years.
                              Thanks for creating a place like this!.

Comment

Hello all I'm exploring and finding new things to help me and enhance my knowledge more on circuit hope to have more learning experience in laptops

Comment

Hello all.
                                  I am enjoying this forum. So much good information here.
                                  Thanks to all memebers.

Comment

Hello everyone,
                                    I'm from Erfurt Germany. A long of time repaired and after that developed electronic devices in automotive industry. Some times I repair consumer electronic like a TV or notebooks as hobby. Since 10 years I design electric / electronic systems for vehicles.

My first computer was self-made Spectrum ZX in 1991

Comment

Hi! Thanks I'm Ros from Italy. I love dyd and repair my electronic

Comment

I am Samuel and I can body say that it is good to be here, especially among the great minds

Comment

Hi im new here as a knowlege seeker love to learn with you all thank you

Comment

Working...
                                          X