Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi guys, just decided to join your lovely forums. I found this place when I was searching for capacitors for replacing the bad GSCs that are on a board that a buddy from work gave me.

Hope to have some fun here as well as learn more about computer electronics and sharpen my electronics skills.

Comment

Hi, im a new member. starting out doing boardstuff. needed a schematic, found it here.

Comment

Hello, I'm Brazilian, founder of APMIDIAS, I've been working with electronics for many years, it's my passion, I hope I can help you and that you can help me too!!

Comment

Hello, I am Neptune in North East, TN.
          After 20 years in Auto industry, and not being paid well after becoming an expert in my field, I've sold everything I own, Tools and all.. and have begin buying equipment. Although I have little money and even smaller resources I'm working my butt off to try and make something that belongs to me, and I can help people with. I'm doing this out of my bedroom, but so far people don't seem to mind that at all because either their are no repair shops here or they get scammed, or worst it comes back more broken than before, if they don't run off and steal peoples stuff instead..
          I'm trying to get "Open Board View" working on Linux or Windows without success (Anyone know how to simply open the program please let me know =)

I've been repairing things the hard way apparently.. by hand drawing schematics and diagrams and don't know how to use board view stuff yet.
          Anyway, anyone in the North East, TN area that has soldering equipment for sale (especially fume extraction!!), or can help a new Tech out in any way let me know. I'm kind of on an island out here, without much direction, resources or guidance, and as far as I know I'm the only Repair Tech/PC Builder etc etc.. of my type here. They're are shops but they don't go past very basic stuff, and won't even touch a soldering iron or Hot Air Station.
          Struggling with the overwhelming cost of equipment but I am coming into work with what little I can do until I get more Diagnostic/Rework Tools together, but I've yet to break anything or take a job I couldn't fix yet. Was doing CPU Socket swaps, DIE swaps etc.. Until my 8280 Heater died, but I hope to replace it when I can.

I hope to try and help anyone starting out, with advice on buying equipment on a budget because you are gonna be buying from China, and it's super easy to get ripped off, I've experienced the Good and the down right Scam, of buying soldering stuff as of late, so if I can give any advice I'll gladly do so, just ask.
          That's why I'm here.. Take Care.

-Dave

Comment

Hello, I'm Rik.

Recently started repairing just about everything electronic as a hobby and at work. This has lead me here more than once to get solutions to laptop issues. Today I needed a bios so I got it here.
            I hope to learn a lot more here than I already have, cheers.

Comment

Hello, I'm Adnan Shah, a Computer Science student from Peshawar, Pakistan. Passionate about the IT field, I enjoy exploring technology and its applications. Eager to learn and grow, I'm driven by curiosity and a desire to contribute to the ever-evolving world of computer science.

Comment

Hello! I am Carlos, and i work at a repair shop located in Spain. Thanks to your forum, i have just repaired a Dell machine that didn´t boot, turned to be a faulty bios, and I was able to flash it with the correct .bin file! A happy customer is on his way home, so I decided to join you and help whenever i can.

Comment

Greetings!

I just subscribed to see some bios and hardware fixing stuff.

Comment

Hi, im a new member. starting out doing boardstuff. needed a schematic, found it here. I'm semi noob with electronic

Comment

hey im ian im trying to repair a gpu at this very moment but need to post a message here to proceed ;D
                      i love repairing and recyling its just really difficult finding the right boardview because i have a somewhat obscure graphics card
                      the gpu im working on right now is a MSI gtx 780 (non-lightning)
                      so yeah thats basically it

take care
                      -ian

Comment

Hey i repair laptop and gsm my workstation is Acer with i7 procesor and GPU nVidia 940mx

Comment

Hi everyone,

I'm a 23-year-old computer science student, excited to join these forums. While I may not have the same depth of electronics knowledge as some of you, I'm passionate about computers and eager to learn. I'm looking forward to engaging discussions, seeking advice, and expanding my understanding of hardware components like capacitors and motherboards. Feel free to ask me about programming or theoretical concepts as well. I'm here to contribute where I can and absorb as much knowledge as possible from this knowledgeable community.

Happy to be here!

Comment

Hi to everyone.
                            I'm from Romania and I'm an electronics repair enthusiast.
                            It's a hobby of mine not my profession.
                            I hope my English it's at least 5/10 and I will make myself understood to others...
                            Thanks for the opportunity to be part of this community.

Comment

Hello!
                              My name is Alan, I'm from Brazil and I have an HP Probook 640 G4 notebook with a password in the bios. However, no one here at the company remembers this password.

Comment

From Portugal, I have more than 30 years of experience in computer repair, recently, I have dedicated myself to electronics repair, SMD soldering, and micro soldering.

Comment

Hey, I have been reading up on a few useful work arounds on your site... happy to join and learn more. Cheers guys
                                  Perth wa

Comment

Hello, Thank you for allowing me to join your group. Dabbled in electronics/computers my whole life. Recently ran into a problem repairing a desktop computer. A google search led me here. Hope to learn from this goup. Thank you.

Comment

Hello Everyone from Ukraine, my name is Mykyta !!! I'm happy to join that Brilliant community. Thanks.

Comment

Hello,

I'm a mechanical engineer by schooling who works as an equipment engineer now. I'm currently working on a project that involves an old LG LCD TV and was hoping to find some help here.

Comment

Hi everyone I'm Smitty (AKA Grandpa Fix it Shop) trying to fix Grand kids Stuff And Have fun So Happy Happy Joy Joy Lets all Have Fun Thank You all for having a Great Site

Smitty Thank You

Comment

Working...
                                          X