This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi from Ryan

I'm from canada and have been in the computer store of computers for 15 years now. Along the way I have build a few machines, for work and home.

Flash bios is my best favorite thing to do .

Comment

Hello all!

I'm Xerox from Kansas

Comment

Hi, UK electrician here with an interest in repairing things rather just throwing them away and making good of what others discard, basically I'm a womble.

Been building and poking computers since about 12 so 30 years or so 😯 and have a rudimentary skill level with electronics but keen to expand my knowledge and experience. I love a bit of home automation because I̶'m̶ l̶a̶z̶y̶ it interests me getting things to work together, thanks to my tinkering nature and line of work I've ended up with an ott home network of unifi gear that has 6 switches, 4 AP's, a USG gateway, a hardware controller, fibre links between the big switches and cat6 everywhere else with two of those switches and an AP being outside to give me solid coverage from the road to the back wall 50m away, much to the initial chagrin of my wife (she's cool with it now) I have solid coverage of my house, gardens and driveway with a blueiris cctv setup of 12 cameras along with 2 ring doorbells (front and back) and 2 external ring cameras along with a ring alarm and 1 camera on my elderly neighbours house after she had someone try to break in and for some unknown reason I have recently moved the long term storage of this system to an unraid machine because I just can't help myself. Again because I'm a glutton for punishment and enjoy learning to set things up I moved all my silly IoT devices (again my wife thought it was pointless but now uses them daily and misses them when they aren't working) to a Home assistant instance running on a local machine with all protocols running locally rather than over the cloud.

I have plans for a big reshuffle later in the year moving my servers and things to the garage after recently rebuilding the asbestos sieve of a garage roof to the same spec as the internal floor of a house finished with fibreglass and then covered in 4KW of solar to work alongside the 3.5KW system I already had, at the same time I changed my 10 year old inverters to a dual string 8KW inverter and added 10KW of LiFePO4 batteries.

I can't wait to see the next totally worthwhile thing I decide to build in the house, I keep looking at the venetian blinds in the living room and thinking they need to be motorised and integrated into my home assistant setup.

Comment

Hello!

Comment

Hey guys,

This is Moe from Germany. I began working inside of computer approximately 5 years ago after I spent quite some time repairing smartphones (mostly apple products..). My actual job is being a cloud architect but I like the backbone of the cloud as well.
            By now I've done a lot of troubleshooting faulty bioses, software and hardware incompatibility stuff but now I'm interested to try and fix the actual broken hardware parts such as Motherboards and GPU's since they kinda stockpiled over the last years.

Im really looking forward to learn more about the topic here. Also brough some hands on usecases with me

Comment

Halo. Thanks For allowing me to join in this forum, Im need bios file to fix laptop that is black screen hp 14-fq1025nr DAOPAFMB6JO. I hope in this forum i can fix my laptop. thankss

Comment

AlbertRak Today, 04:56 PM

Hello everyone, my name is Albert Rak!
                Briefly about myself:
                My favorite occupation is repairing electronic devices and computers.
                I picked up the first electronics magazine in 1976.
                I like to read various polemics related to electronics and repair topics.
                When my son and daughter were 7 years old, we assembled soldered electronic kits together.
                My son has now advanced and is studying to become an electrical engineer.
                We have been repairing laptops and computers together for years.
                Learning is never enough!
                So that's why I want to be a member of this forum.

Comment

Hello all. Thank you for letting me join the group.

Comment

hellow everyone
                    im new here im FREDERICK

I like to fix things, and I'll be happy to help others as well.
                    Great to be here!

Comment

Hello, I am an amateur and computer enthusiast and, as usual, I also have some problems. I think with your help
                      I will be able to solve them. I come from and live in Poland.
                      I am from an older generation, so I am not good at English.

Comment

Hi i'm elamrie from Indonesia. Im 40 years old. interested to servis PC, laptop, phone, led tv, stb and another electronics.
                        Forgive me if im not well in English.
                        Thanks to admin let me to join in this forum.

Comment

hello

Comment

I've been using and fixing computers since the early 1980's and own / run a small PC & laptop repair business in Newtownards, Northern Ireland.

For gaming I use a ZX Spectrum 48k and an HP laptop running Windows XP for playing PC Elite.

Les

Comment

Hello, I'm a new there. Greetings!

Comment

Hello from Vishay

I'm from Mauritius and have been in the computer store of computers for 08 years now. Along the way I have build a few machines, for work and home.
                                I also repair mobile phones, Led TVs, Laptops and many other electronics devices

Comment

Hi new member, here to learn more from industry great mentors

Comment

Hey,

Electronics are my life wire.

thanks

Comment

Hi everyone,

I am from Australia, work in software development but like fiddling with hardware.

Thank you.

Comment

Hi,
                                        I'm a hobbyist that like to take electronics apart and reverse engineer it, as well as repurpose parts that I can salvage.

Comment

I am a computer enthusiast. Started assemble PC during Pentium series but never soldered any hardware. That's why I am happy when I found this forum/website .

Comment

Working...
                                          X