Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello everyone. i´m a 40 year old computer technican from Germany.
    In due to HP´s horrable Bios Updates since the last monthes they prevent customer and business notebooks from boot i did a little research and found this great forum.
    I hope i get the needed informations and help here.
    For sure i´ll try to help with my experiences.

kind regards
    Kurt

Comment

Hai Guys,
      I'm new here lol
      Currently learning on repairing motherboard, i mean 3 years already and this website help me a lot, like a lot
      I'm surprise that actually bios issue quiet common so dump and bin files are really needed, board view help a lot, however still struggling reading a schematics
      Hope you guys doing well

Comment

Hello guild of knowledge I am seeking reference materials so hopefully I do not create a bomb in the process of fixing my laptop

Comment

Just a new user seeking for help to fix a LG.

Comment

hi all, i'm from poland and i love fixing pc hardware. been doing it for fun and now also for some extra cash. i like figuring out what's wrong with pcs and making them work again. i've learned a lot by just trying things and looking stuff up. i'm here to learn more, help out, and talk with others who like the same stuff. excited to be here!

Comment

Hi everyone! I'm from Quebec, Canada and I work in IT. While my current job is Cloud related, I love working eith hardware. I found this forum while searching for a BIOS file for a HP DM.

I love aviation and I have my pilot's license.

Cheers!

Comment

Hello. I've just registered. I'm from Argentina, and I'm looking forward to lean a lot about electronics.

Comment

Hi everyone, from the UK and just starting to get into all of this. Heard a lot of great stuff about this forum and I can't wait to receive help from the professionals offering their expertise for free!

Comment

Salutations

I am from Ukraine, I am 43y old and I am programmer with greater than 20y expirience, but want to learn to repair electronics especially laptops,TVs,power electronics etc.

My father is an engineer on control and measuring devices, so I in electronics almost from the cradle
                    My father can repairs almost everything type of electronics home, industrial, etc.
                    In my childhood I was always surrounded with something DIY stuffs made by my father. That was from some thing very primitive like xmas light controller to ZX Spectrum PC.
                    Currently I am trying to help him with modern electronics and modern tools which he can not buy. He teachs me.

I personally always tried to do something with MCU and NIXIE tubes, old nixies is the one of my passions.

Comment

Hello ppl,

I'm Siivu from Finland. Soon 50 aaargh.. Dont have much experience on this fiel but somehow after watching some YouTube videos where people fixed laptops and desktop computers it started to interest me. Few weeks back i bought a mini PC with Asus P8H67-I in it. the seller told me that the computer is in mint condition.
                      When i tried to start it, the thing dint boot. After some time i realized that RAM stick in DIMM_A1 slot was the problem. I thought, maybe i could fix it, since there was loads of good and informative videos on youtube.
                      I saw people using schematics and boardviews but i couldnt find any for my motherboard. BadCaps came up on many occasions, but i wasnt allowed to download since i wasnt a member. So here i am signing to BadCaps so i could find more info on the board.
                      you have do amazing job to get this forum on the level it is *Bows* .
                      All the best to everyone

Br siivu

Comment

Hello, from Italy!

I like to save hardware that still has potential but it has been thrown away maybe because of a single little defective component.
                        I'm still learning but improving along the journey.

Ciao, Andrea.

Comment

Hi All,

I'm Three from Indonesia and working in Malaysia right now. Experienced in Telecommunications operations & repair background, Bitcoin (Data center) miner repair, and interest to solving any kinds of issue of the electronics boards.

Found this forum very happily in November last year, many ppl here with heart to support each other and kind ppl.

Thank you all master here.

Salam,
                          Heru

Comment

Hello everyone! My name is Greg, with computers and any tech since 1993. First interaction with tech was at school: Bulgarian PC Pravetz 8a (on a CM 630 cpu and 256kB of RAM). Grew up on Pentium 2 300MHz computers, 128MB of RAM, 8MB VGA, 1GB HDD. Learned, burned, trashed many components. Still remember installation of windows 95 using 13-15 floppy disks. It was fun and torture. Today I have Ryzen 5600x, B550 aorus elite, 16GB of GSKILL 3600, RX580 8GB, 850W EVGA SuperNOVA 80Plus Gold.

Comment

Hello ! I am Mark.
                              I am Electrician, working with PCs, ECUs, MCUs.
                              Just found here some APPs they cann help me in my hobby.
                              Would like to help and become some to.
                              Best Greatings to all!

Comment

A newbie here!

I'm doing repairs to feed my hobby, lately I'm trying to figure out the laptop circuitry, so any advise and help of encouragement is highly appreciated.

Comment

oh great

Comment

Hello friends,

I'm Alex found this wonderful forum looking up capacitors information as well. Come to find out there's a wealth of other great information as well..

I've been into electronic since building my first CPU (386) 😁.

Comment

hi! i'm mark. i've been wanting to get into electronics for a long time. now that my LG 27GL63T-B monitor has died, i thought it was the best time to do so. looking forward to learning from you!

Comment

Hello everyone, my name is Victor, I am a new member from Israel. I work in electronics, mainly automotive. I want to learn more about laptop repair. It's a good forum, I think I'll find a lot of interesting things for myself here. Thanks to all forum participants. Maybe I will be useful to someone.

Comment

Hello everybody, I decided to join your community to learn new skills. I am from Czechia and focus on board-level repair (not commercial). Thanks for bringing this community up!

Comment

Working...
                                          X