X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi There,
    I'm Falk from Bremen, Germany.
    I came here for the thread in the LG 27GL63 Monitor. But I guess this forum will be helpful for my DIY repairs at home.
    Im a maintenance electrician, so I maybe I'm able provide helpful information as well.

Comment

Hi, I am new to board repair, and I am looking at a learning as much as possible from other "in the know" people. A friend recommended this site to me, so I thought I'd give it a try. I'm have been a computer user and PC desktop builder for 20 years, but never got into board repair at component level. I want to be able to repair laptops for friends and family whilst gaining new skills and knowledge. I'm currently retired from work and looking to keep myself busy, hopefully keep the brain cells active. Please everybody have patience with this newbie.
      Thanks

Comment

Hello everyone!

Im a computer technician working on my own. Im looking for knowledge and im also trying to get my Lenovo L13 back to life.

Comment

Hi everyone, i'm newer to lear by my self electronic. I work how programmer but i want to increase my habilities in more areas than programation.

Comment

Hey All, I'm Kevin. I have an electrical engineering degree but spent most of my career doing internet backbone stuff. I'm semi-retired now but still selling stuff on eBay for fun/profit. I recently got several Toughbook CF-C2 notebooks, 2 of which have bios passwords that I'd like to remove.

Comment

Hello there!

Iam Dingo from germany. I trained as an IT system electronics engineer back in 2008 and also years before that, i love to repair everything i get my hands on. I repaired Cars, Copy machines (electronic an mechanics), PCs, Game Consoles, Microwaves, Mobile Phones and everything else, that has screws, tiny and big parts on it This time, i want to learn repairing graphic cards and in this case, solder smd parts. I almost trained with soldering hundreds of SMD LEDs for 3D Printed, Alexa manageable Wall Lights like NanoLeafs (ESP8266 etc.). I have a 1080ti which GPU cannot write into VRAM if it as more than 40°C. So i wanted to check which lanes from the GPU are connected with VRAM. (Mats says Error writing Rank0) Maybe it has to be reballed or the GPU is dead. I want to check. Maybe you guys have an idea?

Thanks

Comment

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

I've taken things apart since I was a kid. I always had to be sneaky about it and because so I learned slower than I should have.

I grew up in the 80s with a commodore 64 and later in life got a bunch of other stuff including 1571 drive and a 128d (drive and computer in one!!) Had to sell it all. Too much space. Now I regret it. What can you do. I have an emualtor to satisfy my cravings but I wish I could have recorded a lot of the sounds. I may have to visit someones place just to get hours of c64 and 1541 soundbites. Like... follow me on this.. the sound of your hand on the 1541 right after you turn on the power and pull your hand back.... some yall know what I'm talking about...

My real experience in real life fixing started when I started my IT job in 2004. After being there a while I noticed a lot of motherboards with bad caps and eventually conviced them to let me replace them. Years later my early work is still out there with my little repair tag and date. Its neat to see LCDs come back that were repaired in 2006 just now coming back. In the works of NRF "Better than factory!" I would fix anything and everything. Now it's all admin work and not so much hands on...

At any rate... I fix everything. From the car, to appliances, data recovery, pluming, electrical, scripting, computers, all of the things. I should most likely do something else with my time. However, here I am, I remember seeing a blog or blurb from this site back in 2005 or so. Funny that now in 24 I would finally register. I think I just owe it to the world to be part of something. Happy to meet you all and talk about all things fixing.

I'm also a vocal artist and would like to combine all my skills some day to make a youtube channel. "They already have fix it stuff channels" you say? True but each and everyone of us is a unique person and can add something special to the world of the internet. The more authentic, the better the internet can be (so I think).

Thats my $0.02

fixNstuff

Comment

Hi in Mike I work on game systems and computers I hope I can learn from the forum

Comment

Hi,My name is Wanlop Weeradet. I work as the Radiological Technologist in National Cancer Institute of Thailand. Outside of work,I like repairing notebook.I learn by myself.I like it and feel very happy doing it.I brought my old notebook to repair.And one machine has been completed,an Acer Aspire 4736. Now I'm repairing a Lenovo Ideapad 100-14IBD.It won't turn off and there's no standby light. I hope I can get a new membership and gained new knowledge as well.

Comment

Hi, I'm Sam - been tinkering with electronics since breaking my dad's Amiga Video Toaster in the early 90s... came across looking for details on a laptop mobo and seems like an interesting place to be!

Comment

Hi all guys from Italy Sardinia

Comment

Hi im nur qum irfan from indonesia

Comment

Hello I'm Antone from California

Comment

Hello guys im from portugal and learning a lot with all of you guys.

Thank you so much for your time and help from niw one and on the future!!!

Regards from portugal,

Ludovic

Comment

Hi all.
                                I'm from Russia.
                                I am engaged in the repair of lighting equipment.

Comment

Hiya,

I'm an IT engineer here for knowledge for myself

Comment

im gabriel lopez, im a technician from chile, i find help for repairs and some schematics of consoles, laptops, etc

Comment

Hi I'm an electronic engineer and I'm happy to join this formum to learn and teach !
                                      Have a good day

Comment

HI GUYS.... AM NEW HERE FROM NIGERIA.... HOPING TO REALLY LEARN FROM YOU ALL... THANKS ALL

Comment

needed a quick introduction, tbh found this forum just cause i needed a bios version so i can hopefully make my laptop run better

Comment

Working...
                                          X