X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello all

Comment

Hi all, I'm looking for some help.

I've just bought a surface laptop 4 but it's UEFI password locked . Is there anyway to recover this?

Comment

Hello Everyone,

I'm Piermaria living in London, UK, but in reality Italian from the south.

I've performed several repairs and restorations, my first was an Apple IIe motherboard and PSU, and then continued with Apple IIc, Classic, iMac G3s, Classic Colour, Classic, and several Socket 7, 458 750, etc...
        I find replacing caps therapeutic and despite sometimes it's frustrating to clear those holes to install the new one, I still enjoy particularly the look of a nice clean motherboard with all straight clean caps.

I'm trying to build 2 retro dream PC, they would have been too expensive for me back in my teens, but now more affordable. I've been building my own PCs since I was 12...and still enjoy today.

I think I will need help from the community more than be useful myself, but if you need anything from me, especially motherboard photos or else, please let me know!...

Thanks in advance to everyone and hope to read from you soon..

P.

Comment

Hi, I'm James from Alabama, just trying to stop wasting money on replacing components, maybe I can fix something lol.

Comment

hi. glad to be here

Comment

Hello Everyone!! Im from Chile

Comment

Hey everyone! I joined to find a particular BIOS I'm looking for.

This might be my first time actually using a forum so go easy on me!

Comment

Hello, i have been in repair business for over 20 years. Currently own 2 shops in Texas. Looking forward to learn more from this wonderful site

Comment

Hello everyone,
                    I'm NeaGeo, living in Frankfurt (Germany) but i come from Romania, being a "D.I.Y" junkie all my life and i' mean; Is it really worth giving a second chance some broke i.t. equipment .

Comment

Hi all,
                      First time visitor/registerer/poster, not a professional but enjoy fixing stuff.

Comment

Good morning folks I'm Paul from Belfast, I used to work in iIT but have lost touch over the years. I still try and dabble every now and again. I've recently bought a windows surface laptop 4 online that I need some help with. 👍🏻

Comment

Hi, Everyone, tchicago here.

I'm an electronics engineer who works for a software engineering company for living. As a redemption of my soul, I have an extensive hobby electronics lab at home. I practice a lot of experimentation, learning, small hobby projects and occasional repairs for myself and friends.

My first computer was Paguo-86PK (aka Radio-86RK) which I made around 1988 back when I was in high school.

Comment

Well, I'm curious if a Dell Precision T7910 motherboard can use an ATX PSU, not the proprietary one.
                            To be exact, how can be done.
                            Maybe I'll post my findings if I'll find them.

Comment

Hi this is Max from Ukraine. I joined to find a particular BIOS I'm looking for.

Comment

Hello Everyone, I'm Long, I come from VietNam and I am a laptop technician with 5 years experience, hope to learn more, thanks.

Comment

Hello everyone, I found this site trying to find some schematics and found them! Now im learning to read them. Currently Im trying to get this A2338 13" 2022 MacBook Pro M2 to function properly, Right now the trackpad and keyboard are not working but the power button and keyboard backlight are working. the Touch Bar shows display but does not respond to touch. I bought it on eBay and it was described as having a bad lcd. When I received it however I found that it was also missing the wifi and bluetooth antenna along with most of the screws hardware. it was also showing picture on the LCD but no backlight, I could also see some lines on the screen indicating the lcd was also somewhat damaged. on tip of that it would only stay on for a few minutes before rebooting itself. So using a donor m1 a2338 that is activation lockedI replaced the wifi antenna and hardware then I bought an m2 a2338 shell the had everything (the battery, screen, keyboard) but the logic board. I put the logic board from the m2 in there and now the touchpad and keyboard and Touch Bar do not work and the screen only shows picture on boot up (still no backlight) I confirmed the screens and their backlight work by connecting them to the m1 that I have. Im kinda lost on what do do or where to go next. the laptop still works but it needs an external monitor/ keyboard/ mouse to function. Im currently using it to write this post. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you -J

Comment

Looking to learn to repair laptops etc with no power!
                                  Dabbed with bio flashes etc but never done real SMD repair/troubleshooting.....yet!

Comment

Greetings, fellow electronic enthusiasts!

I'm thrilled to join this vibrant community as a passionate individual with a deep love for unraveling the intricacies of electronic devices. My journey in the world of electronics began with a curiosity that evolved into a dedicated pursuit of knowledge and hands-on experience.

Over the years, I've had the pleasure of working on a diverse range of electronic projects, from troubleshooting vintage audio equipment to tackling the challenges posed by modern gadgets. My toolbox is filled with soldering irons, multimeters, and an insatiable desire to understand the inner workings of the technology we interact with daily.

Whether it's resurrecting a piece of retro tech or diving into the latest advancements, I believe in the power of shared knowledge. I'm here to contribute to the collective wisdom of this community, sharing my experiences, learning from yours, and collaborating on solving the puzzles that electronic repair often presents.

Let's connect, learn, and tinker together. I'm excited to be a part of this Electronic Repair Forum and look forward to the electrifying discussions ahead!

Comment

Muchas gracias

Comment

Hello,

I am dekilo.
                                        Love to build my own pc's, having difficulties with my Dell laptop bios related therefore I come to this website.
                                        Bought an CH341A programmer hopefully to help myself and maybe some other people who are having the same issue.
                                        If you guys can help me I will donate some money to this site.

Cheers,

Dekilo

Comment

Working...
                                        X