• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi everyone,

I'm Tyrone Teerail

Nice to meet you all in this community.

Comment

Hello! I'm Andre, I'm starting to attempt to repair boards that's why I joined

Comment

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Greetings fellow forum members! I go by the moniker deeldone, and I must confess, I'm a self-proclaimed forum junkie. 🙈 Despite numerous attempts to break free, my insatiable thirst for knowledge keeps me hooked. The need to feed my learning addiction is simply irresistible! 💻📚

Allow me to share a bit about myself – I'm a rather private individual, particularly when it comes to online privacy. Nevertheless, I'm here with the intent to both impart and gain knowledge. Professionally, I hold the title of an electronic engineer and spent over two decades in a field service position with a reputable firm. Alas, the job, along with its perks like the company car and laptop, has bid farewell. 😢 Oh well, life goes on.

I've always had a penchant for tinkering with things, earning me the badge of a hardware hacker. In the genuine sense, mind you, before the term lost its original meaning. My journey into the world of computers started a bit late, with an IBM PC-XT that boasted a groundbreaking 10-megabyte hard drive, a blazing fast 4.66 MHz 8086 processor, and a whopping 640KB memory running DOS 3.3. Ah, the good old days when I felt exceptionally cool! 😎

These days, I find myself wearing the hat of a software enthusiast too. Fixing PCs for friends involves battling viruses, trojans, and adware, and sometimes reinstalling operating systems. While hardware issues don't arise as frequently, I keep my software knowledge up-to-date by frequenting security forums and exploring hardware discussions.

The journey to this forum began when I stumbled upon a thread at motherboards.org/forums, my recent online haunt. It's a friendly space with some sharp minds, mainly revolving around motherboards. One day, someone mentioned badcaps.net, triggering memories of articles I read about faulty capacitors a while ago. Curiosity piqued, I exclaimed, "w00t, they have a forum!" and here I am, eager to join this community and contribute to the collective knowledge. 🚀 Looking forward to engaging with all of you!

Comment

Hello,
          MY name is Amir , from egypt.
          I'm here because I'm fond of electronics though I'm actually a civil engineer, surveying department, but electronics is my passion sin w i wan young.
          i hope here here i can learn more and find solutions for stuck stuff , which I'll post later in Shaa Allah with photots as possible as i can.

Comment

Hello, my name is David and I have been interested in and working on computers since the late 70's. I have worked as a repair tech, network admin and even taught and tutored an A+ course at the local community college where I also learned to program in C+ and Visual Basic. I enjoy learning new things and my current project is eeprom/bios flashing. I am finding UEFI is very challenging so any advice on software, programmer and techniques would be welcome. Just bought a EZP2023+ for use on a HP Laptop 17-cn0273st (4Z4Z8UA)

Thanks..

Comment

Since I was 4, I would always try and fix what's broke before tossing it. Surprised I just found this forum 50 years later. Now aday's my eyes need magnification and my soldering needs practice.
              Last edited by Revival; 02-02-2024, 10:35 PM.

Comment

Hello people, I am just starting the journey of eeprom programming mainly to change motorbike speedo odometers for bikes I work on. I am also trying to figure out how to read and write a bios chip for a Lenovo E15 Gen 1 20RD laptop. I have a EZP2023+ programmer and software running on a Win 11 thinkpad. I have been able to read and write odo's on Yamaha MT07 bikes so far using an 8 pin clip on the 93C86 chip.

I studied as an electronics tech some 40 years ago, finished the training then went into IT and have forgotten most of what I learned but the basics are there I look forward to chatting with you in future, cheers.

Voz

Comment

Hello, im Frywind and i would like to explore a bit into diagnostics, specifically for my long broken laptop im trying to fix right now. thanks for having me.

Comment

New user. Work on a few mainboards here and there and this place has helped a ton.

Comment

Hiya

Comment

hi, my name is DIgeo from argentina and spain, i am 55 year old computer and electronic man, and now, i still learning, my area is ... everything . i have a computer and electronic appliances repair shop!!!!

Comment

Hello all,

my story began before high school when I was interested in PC's and electronics I made simple PCB's from magazine tutorials. Then during my adult life I was always tinkering with electronics, fixed some but always had it only as a rare "hobby". I'm big fan of opensource / openhardware / right to repair. Lately I was doing just some simple fixes of phones (screen replacement, etc.), for this Christmas i got iFixit tool kit And that's how i got here, i heard about this site from Louis Rossmann. I would like to share my repair stories to help each other.

Comment

Hello, don't mind me just wanting to learn gpu repairs

Comment

Hi all,
                              new guy here. Found lots of info on this forum by searching in the past, thought it was about time to signup.

Comment

Hello! I'm Andre, I'm attempting to repair bad bios on motherboards, already got a bios reader, now looking for bios bin to write to it, that's why I joined

Comment

hello

Comment

Hello, I need to repair my device by myself

Comment

Hello!

Comment

Hi

Comment

My name is mehmet Türkiye I am here to participate and learn more information

Comment

Working...
                                          X