This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

hello, I want to learn and this forum seems to be awesome!

Comment

hello my friends

Comment

Hello my friends. I'm leo.

Comment

Comment

Hola, soy de argentina me dedico a la reparacion de notebook a nivel componente, tengo mas de 25 años de especialidad.

Comment

Hi there, here because I need to download a Lenovo Flex 5 14ARE005 BIOS since when I tried to update my BIOS firwmare on my Lenov laptop, it bricked it I guess... black screen and no video output possible. My C341A programmer seems to have found tha

Comment

t the BIOS chip has nothing but 0s. Idk though I'm a newb to flashing BIOS like this...

Comment

Greetings everyone!

Comment

Hallo from Poland

Comment

Ciao a tutti ragazzi sono nuovo nel forum spero che mi accettiate volentieri

Comment

Hi, just joined because i found this awesome forum while searching for ways to self-repair my laptop's mobo... we'll see! thanks for creating this space

Comment

Hi everyone

Apparently I signed up before but didn't post any messages. Now is the time to change that...

Comment

Hi, I'm Artefil (France)

Hi,
                            Well quite everything is in the title. My surname Artefil and location, more precisely Langeais, Centre Val de Loire, for non-french it's in the Loire Valley.
                            It's a small town less than 3,000 citizens, rural landscape, not so far from Tours (30 km).
                            After spending the most of my life in electronics (T&M) I created a small company for refurbishing and repairing computer & electronics spare parts.
                            I'm not completely a newbie in printing, I've patented (worldwide) a new kind of printer in 2001, it's a long time ago. I should have done things differently, but i'm learning from my mistakes.
                            Today I'm selling and repairing printers, I'm the only one in my region nearly 10,000 sq. km.
                            I haven't prefered brand nor hated one, I'm trying to do what i'm going to be paid for, the more professionnaly as possible. Everyday (well mostly several times a day) I'm facing a new challenge, a very old printer still in use with DB25 connection working under DOS 6,22, or a printer for which it's quite impossible to find spare parts in france or even in Europe; Everyday is different, and I think it's contributing to the beauty of our job.
                            Actually training into the HP university, then it'll be done, I'll have to complete my certification for Seagate products and then ... I'll see.
                            All the best
                            Artefil

Comment

Hello all. I'm new here, obviously. Interested in anything computer related, and while I mostly deal with software (coding, networking, device configuration, etc.) I do dabble in hardware repairs occasionally. I thought this would be a good place to learn more things, answer questions for people if I happen to know the answer, and in general enjoy all things tech with like minded people.

Comment

Salve, sono nuovo di questo sito, ma ho difficoltà a creare un post. Qualcuno saprebbe aiutarmi?
                                Grazie

Comment

Hey!

I'm Alex - from the South East of England. I live in Brighton and Hove and work in the broadcast media world. I'm a self-confessed tinkerer and tech geek.

Always on the look out to learn new stuff, and have a real interest in eeking extra life out of what might otherwise be tech destined for the scrapper.

Comment

Hi. I'm a beginner with no experience in finding shorts and soldering. I work on the software side and have done minor things like installing ram, cpu, ssd, and wifi cards.

In the past month I have read a lot of threads here about motherboards (schematics, boardview, ACDRV, REGN and so on) and soldering on this forum. Can't thank enough for helping me learn so much. Decided to make an account since I've a dead laptop motherboard that I'm trying to fix.

Before I made this account, and based on the suggestions here I bought the following:

1) KSGER T12 soldering iron
                                    2) Quick 861DW Hot Air station
                                    3) Different kinds of tweezers
                                    4) Soldering SMD practice board since I don't want to start with the motherboard that needs fixed.
                                    5) ESD wrist strap
                                    6) Heat Resistant Soldering Mat

I'm still researching the dead laptop motherboard, and was able to get a boardview and schematic diagram after reading different badcaps threads. Due to the boardview and schematic, I think I kind of know the region of fault on the motherboard, and will ask about it in a new thread.

But before doing so I want to be fully prepared and up to the task. I would like to buy all the necessary things that will required to solder and de-solder components from that motherboard. I will appreciate it if someone can guide me to what all other soldering stuff I need in addition to what I've already bought. For example the kind of flux, solder wire and such that I will need for laptop motherboard repair and any other items.

Thanks so much. This forum is a sea of knowledge, and I'm here to learn.

Comment

Hi everyone im stev from ghana , i just completed my first degree in information tech. Im here to learn alot of things

Comment

I need this firmware TP.VST59S.PB788-3MV59AX5 fot panasonic tv TH-32D302G thank a lot.

Comment

hello teammates,
                                          i come from France, and i'm here to try reducing electronic waste.
                                          i work to help people with their computer, but in my free time i try to get higher skill in the other sides of this domain like electronic motherboard, network, bios and Efi etc ... not just because i'm just curious but maybe in the futur to work like a pro.

Thanks for sharing, see you soon.

Comment

Working...
                                          X