This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hi everyone.. My name is David Borasca from Philippines.. I'm so glad I found this site.. I want to learn from our masters here.. I want to share also my little knowledge in electronics to our newbies here.. Thank you..

Comment

Need some help with my TV repair! Hope I found the right place

Comment

Hi everyone,

Lots of good advice on this site! Please help me with my TV problems.

Comment

Hello everyone. Some great info here.

Thanks,
          Dusty

Comment

Hi Guys and Gals and Kidos'. Glad to be part of this forum. I have been beating my head in trying to trouble shoot these LCDs'. Thanks for this forum and I am using your collective knowledge already. Some very interesting concepts here. I am for the most part silent and just soak up information, so just keep pouring it in.... haha... see you later.

Bill

Comment

Hello and well met! Pseudo-professional jack-of-all-trades here with pushing 25 years of mechanical and electrical experience. I'll keep this simple and sweet and save the chit-chat for the forums (plus I'm in bed on my iPhone trying to fight off my usual insomnia).
              Rules:
              1 - If it can happen, it will.
              2 - There is always a way.
              3 - There is always a BETTER way.
              4 - There is an exception to every Rule, including Rule #4.

Comment

Good morning!
                My name is Mulenga Bangili a technician in zambia. I have a technician certificate in Electronics and IT.
                I specialize in ATM power supply and computer!! I have a good back ground in medical electronics as well.

I have a challenge at the moment with HIPRO power supplies for pc cores,when you power them on they run but are not consistent as they behave like a raving engine,any one who has come across to advice what i can do or replace! They transistors,mosfets are all fine.

Comment

Hi everyone. My name is Patrick McAlexander. I am really happy to be a member of this site. I have been in tv/av repair since I graduated DeVry in 1978. I hope I can learn and contribute to this site.

Comment

Hello, I joined this forum because of a broken plasma TV I'm trying to fix.

Comment

Hi all I came to this form looking for Info because where I live is only butchers they fix the symptoms not the fault.

So thanks and cheers

Comment

Hi, just discovering electronics :-)

Comment

Just bought a DELL SE198WFP and it goes out after about 2 seconds.
                          Google led me here, I hope I can get some help.
                          Thanks,
                          Rick Smith

Comment

hello to all, very glad to find this forum.
                            lots of good info and people!
                            Long live badcaps.net!

Comment

Hi all thanks for adding me ;-)

Comment

Hi all. I just joined - found this site through a Google search for help with a Toshiba 42HL196 LCD TV that's exhibiting the "3 red flashes" symptom. Thanks for all the help I've already gleaned from the forum.

Comment

Greetings BadCaps Forum members!

I landed here from a Google search about an HPw2338h display I have whose backlight bit the dust. This unit also began displaying multiple vertical lines of various colors on the right side of the LCD panel before said back light went kaput.

Anyway, enough about my woes with that product. I got it on the cheap from a local Walmart (we have 4 or 5 WM superstores in East TN within about a 45 - 50 mile radius) where it was a display unit marked down on clearance. It lasted a couple of years. Might have been on the store shelf for quite a number of powered-on hours.

I studied a little EE once upon a time. Made it all the way through circuits class far enough to understand the phaser concept and how Euler's Theorem can make nasty non-linear differential equations in the time domain that have no symbolic solution quite easy to solve in the phase domain. But, I have no idea what Euler was thinking about when he concocted such nonsense. :P Probably one of the most freaky truisms in all of the mathematics that have been incorporated into the sphere of human knowledge.

Kind of strong on theory and week on practice as you might have deduced at this point. That is because I have spent my career as a software developer writing boring business applications.

On the note of bad caps, I think I actually have an audio preamp that suffers from a bad cap in its power supply network. Hoping to share and learn from other forum members and get some of these possessions back in operational condition.

Mark

Comment

hi

Comment

howdy

Comment

Well, guess I'll introduce myself.

I'm Larry Stevens. I run a local computer repair/sales company in Meridian, ID. As part of it we refurbish computers and LCD Monitors (including replacing capacitors on motherboards and LCD monitors).

Spend a lot of time researching and reading on here so decided it was time to join.

I still have a lot to learn and this forum has a lot to offer.

Comment

A bit about me - hmmm...
                                          I'm formerly a land development consultant, but the economic collapse a few years ago made us an extinct species. So I guess the best way to describe myself - a jack of all trades and master of none
                                          Sooo... I read extensively about how the experts diagnose and solve problems, then engage in a little "monkey see, monkey do" repair work.
                                          ... watch for flashes of light and mushroom shaped clouds of magic smoke just over the horizon. That will be me!

Comment

Working...
                                          X