X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello guys,

Glad to join your community and to learn how to repair motherboad with a schematic.

Comment

Hi folks

Simon here pc/tech and board repairs

always looking for help and advice so hopefully this forum will help guide me a long

Many thanks

Comment

hello all,

im an electrical engineer living in silicon valley and I vehemently believe we need to fight for our right to repair and all consumer rights in general in the US. our currently laws are very outdated. so i joined to try and get some apple device schematics cause I refuse their shady practices that result in a lot of ewaste. cheers!

Comment

Hello from Portugal
          Happy to join this community

Comment

Hello i'm from Italy and i'm glad to join in this comunity

Comment

Hello from Christchurch, New Zealand!

I run a small electronic repair business. I've heard Badcaps referenced by a number of people online and figured it's about time I joined the community.

I look forward to chatting to other technically minded people and learning new skills.

- Luke

Comment

Hi name Phyllis, married most handsome man on earth have 4 children. I am a very inquisitive person and dont believe in "(scientificly not proven; cant be done)🤗 my moto is anything is possible maybe the scientist haven't been born yet🤣. I am very new to electronics and electricity😁
                I have fixed stuff like grinders, drills, installed a few plugsockets around the house, replaced minor parts on android phones, pc's and so on.
                And when I do something I do it very well fixing something properly and breaking something it will not be repairable but replacing is at the order of the day, like this one time I exploded the extinction cord tripping the electricity at the pole not even my through my meter box, I got such a fright that to this day I don't know what I have done, all I remembered is my extension cord was full of wholes😬 and I managed to prank my older brother by asking him to hold the 2 wires for me as I quickly getting a plug but I never told him the wires he is holding is plugged into the light socket and the light socket is still turned on🤣.
                Anycase I ended up in a vehicle accident and become disabled (rather differently abled) so I decided that learning about electronics is a good idea to keep myself busy. And I am busy with my daughters laptop and I came across this website and thought it seems like a good starting point.
                So hi here I am

Comment

Hi from the UK

Comment

Hi,
                    I m Mark from Germany.
                    My last experinces with BIOS ist 30 or 40 years ago, when we replaced in the first PC with 8088 the 8088 with the V20 and new/modifies BIOS.
                    Now I have a problem with a Trekstor SurfTab Twin 10.1 ST10464 which BIOS is corrupted and I have to obtain a new BIOS to reflash the chip. Unfortunatey I do not find a soruce for this BIOS-file.

Comment

hello Badcaps experts

As short introduction

I'm a 59yo french guy tghat cannot accept to put to waste whatever may still be of use
                      I started years ago by changing caps on lcd monitors, then repaires some amps and other devices.
                      Not really a huge expert, but willing ot learn and to repair what could make sense.

Best regards to all of you

JM

Comment

Hey, I stumbled upon this place in google search and it seems like a nice place to finally learn a bit more about laptops repairs.

Hope my English is good enough to not be too confusing =)

Comment

Hey!!

Here to get into UEFI modding. Programmer for 10+ years, now going down to the metal.

Comment

Hi ! Thanks for the registration

Comment

Hello from Brazil, our company is repairing motherboards thanks to websites and forums like this one, for free. Keep it up!

Comment

Hi, I do some electronics repairs as hobbyist. Usually Yamaha vintage & modern audio equipment
                                I'll ask some questions from time to time

Comment

Hello!!.. From Kenya.
                                  The is Paul who has a passion for electronics and now my dream is being realized..

Comment

Hello, Nice to join this community.

Comment

Hello friends, I am glad to be in this community and to be able to fix some bios.bin

Comment

Hi. Name is Rafael, live in Dominican Republic. Raduo Amateur since 1980 and audio lover.

Comment

Greetings all!

I began my adventure in electronics repair ar age 5, in my father's TV repair shop when one of his ham radio buddies gave me an old tube type shortwave radio, and I was determined to make it work. My dad showed me how to operate the tube tester (this was in 1967) and check all the tubes, I already knew how to solder and then he showed me what capacitors were, and to replace all the wax paper caps with new ones, matching the value and voltage ratings with new "Sprague Orange Drops" from his parts bins. He replaced the large chassis mounted electrolytics since that was a bit much for a 5 yr old. We powered it up, and it came back to life! That was the beginning. I read every electronics book I could find thruought grade school and middle school and by the time the CB radio craze hit the mid '70's I was repairing CB radios and learning digital electronics until graduating high school. Worked part time for a TV broadcast equipment manufacturer and as electeonics tech for a music store while getting my college degree in computer science, then spent the next few decades in the I.T. world. Now in my 60s, I am getting back into component-level electronics repair, for both hobby and maybe supplemental income too. I've always tried to keep up with changing technology, but never forgot what I've learned in the past... I'm as comfortable with hand-wired tube circuits as I am with smd-populated pcbs... as long as I've got a decent microscope setup, lol!

Comment

Working...
                                          X