X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Im new member ,,,,,im happy to become a part of BADCAPS.net

Comment

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

After merging another thread into here (the post above), I noticed just how old this thread really is... #12 (the one I was mowing in was much, much larger). Bummer Petabyte left so soon... if he only knew what he spawned... IIRC this may be the oldest still active thread o BCN.

BTW, welcome to everybody new who posted!
      sigpic

(Insert witty quote here)

Comment

Hi, This is Rockykuai from China Mainland.An electronic engineer with over 15 years working experiece in designing consumer electronical product, major in Docking station,USB storage ,PCI-e card ,MHL etc.

Comment

hello
          I have more than 20 years fixing TV. all I learn by reading books, now searching the internet about the capacitor plague a found your site.
          I know there is a lot of information.
          Thanks from Panama.

Comment

Hi fellows, I replaced all capacitors on psu but no change :-). I think I try another things.

Comment

hi everybody,

while newbie in that forum can't use that qualifier at all 'cause of too much years in IT.
              50 yrs old, male, living in Italy (nearby Reggio Emilia).

my first approach to IT was in 1971 and now am "senior security consultant" for a "security service provider" : we are involved in "security" (let me be generic) of banks and other big companies

having a wide-range experience am often involved in unusual situations, but feel "RFC compliant" to keep minimal about descriptions, will just skip them.

the company where i work loose all my colleagues which whom I can "exchange knowledge" and am looking for a replacements: hope to be in the best place for new friendly relationships with other professionals.

while can use any OS (if and only if his maintenance is not in my charge) for my own work will not press a key outside a FreeBSD box.

regards

Alessandro

Comment

Hi everyone, keep the forum going, found a lot of needed info here...

Comment

im a (CRT) tv AND HI FI electronics service engineer since 1974

Comment

Hey everybody! I'm about to start computer engineering degree,
                    I'm 25 from Israel and kinda tech guy.
                    very new to all soldering and electrical components stuff, want to start a project for fun and killing some time.
                    see you right away in Asus forum.

Comment

Hello to all,
                      Came across this site the other day, very useful information and advice.
                      Keep up the good work

Comment

Hi all - really like this site and hoping to get answers to some of my problems and may even be able to help out in future

Comment

Hello to everyone here and love this site! Already have learned some stuff about my broken stereo gear and now maybe I'll fix it!! I'm a guitarist/musician guitar teacher with a real bad tech fetish.. I'm self taught on computers and building them and love trying to make my midi studio here at home (Tennessee) actually work! Got a bunch of broken stereo gear that I'm using to further my electronics repair skills! Thanks for having me aboard!! :0)

Comment

Hi, I'm more used to mechanical problem solving but a recent lightning strike took out 2 flat screens, a sat receiver and a PVR and rather than just junk them, am looking forward to spending time giving repairs a go. The guy in my repair shop didn't even bother turning them on, just said claim on your insurance....

Comment

Hi all! My name is Oscar and I'm from France. I am a PhD Science Computing student and I'm glad to join this forum and I hope to be useful to somebody in trouble.

Comment

Hey. I was led to this site via an internet search. After cruising through a few threads I knew I had to be part of this community. I have ~5 years of experience reflowing, reballing and repairing game consoles and the likes. Looking forward to all the info in this forum!

Comment

Hi. I am from New Orleans LA. Looking to start learning how to fix monitors.

Comment

Hello, I'm an electronics repairman in the central US. I have no skill at cooking.

Comment

I have a broken Vizio vp50hdtv20a it cycles on and off. I have studied electronics repair in college. I've re-soldered two caps and replaced a fuse in said vizio. This seemed to work for a little bit but the same problem still exists. I am here for help and advice.

Comment

HELLO GUYS,

I just signed up.

I have been tinkering with electronics off and on since 1984 as a result of tech school. I would consider myself a newbie still. However, I have had some success. I really prefer messing with 70's Marantz stereos and the like. However, now I find myself with my daughters TV on the blink. So I come to you with hat in hand seeking your tolerance and assistance. However, if my questions become annoying due to my elementary knowledge of TV's, feel free to tell me to be quiet, and I shall.

Best wishes to everyone and thank you.

Comment

hey guys my name is will im here to learn as much as I can so I can too help friends and family avoid costly tv repairs there is some great stuff on here and I thank you all for that.
                                          I have a familiar backround with automotive and cp repair but wanting to lean more about tv repair

Comment

Working...
                                          X