This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hi i'm a new troubleshooter, repairing for fun and helping friends. This place is full of information and is my main source of information in laptop motherboard repairing. Thanks to all moderators. Cheers

Comment

Hi all,
      Nice to meet you all. I'm here due to interest in electronics, and repairing for myself all my electronics stuff. I hope i can learn a lot from all of you.

Greetings from south of Spain.

Best Regards.

Comment

Hello,
        I introduced myself last week but probably in the wrong section of the forum...
        I am a computer scientist, with skills in electronics and beginner in microelectronics. I repair PCs that are put in the trash for the benefit of others. In recent years, these PCs have been harder and harder to repair, the bios are locked and that's how I met your forum
        Thank you for your help

Comment

Jayskie here, background in comp-sci and mechanical engineering..
          Bought a dead x230 a few years ago, with the intention of experimenting with coreboot.
          Today my L380 yoga daily driver bit the dust and I once again came here to search for schematics/troubleshooting. This time with renewed vigor as I really don't wanna give up on a 5 year old device
          Also got a few opened up wifi aps laying around, with the goal of building automated test rigs for openwrt/gluon firmware.
          Now examns coming up and I should really shift focus

Comment

Hello, I'm Fabio from Italy, I'm trying to update an old Sony Vaio SVE1513B1W and I'm finding some trouble, I installed an intel I7-3632QM instead of the original I3-3120M, the new processor works fine (chipset HM76) but the laptop switches off after exactly 30 mins. Bios is updated to the last available version R02005D and CPU temperature is absolutely under control

Comment

Hi all,
              Nice to meet you all. I'm here due to interest in electronics, and repairing for myself all my electronics stuff. I hope i can learn a lot from all of you.

Greetings from Russia.

Best igash.

Comment

hello ,
                I joined this forum to learn how to repair laptop , actually i have some knowledge in electronics but i want to learn how to apply this to laptop repairing.

Comment

Big hello to y'all from Croatia!!

Comment

Hi.

I joined initially to be able to download some schematics for a motherboard repair, but figured it would also come in handy for other the occasional electronic and consumer products repair stuff.

Kind regards

Comment

I have been troubleshooting some boards mobile and laptops, looks like a great community full of knowledge, that i want to be apart. of

Kind regards

Comment

Hello

Comment

hi to all
                          thank you for accepting me here.

Comment

Hi I am computer support engeneer that can solder somehow but not professionaly in any capacity for sure. With a hearth for hackery and resurecting old hardware.

I have registered here in search for solution to remove SVP on Thinkpad P72 (8th Gen CPU) because my friend bought one 2 years ago and the seller surely has vanished now. I have CH341a with a standard clip so if anyone can point me in sure direction to do that please do. Thank you

P.S. I am in a process of reading AUTO-PATCHER thread now but still not sure if it will work with this particular model or not (because MEC 1353?)).

Comment

Hi everyoane . My Name Is Alex Alin ... i live in germany and i´m 39 year old
                              !! i`m new here , i just read the rules .I´m Video Content Creator I'm adept at ideating and creating engaging content independently.
                              I've also created more content about Adobe Fresco and similar programs that can point back to that video since it was already performing well. All of that to say, it's okay to pivot to see what works and what doesn't. As long as you're being strategic, your channel will have a greater chance at success.

Comment

Hello

Comment

Howdy and hello. Josh from Missouri, USA. Thanks for the add. Im lookin forward to exploring this rabbit hole of information. I had a windows wrror code about 8 months ago and have not seen the faylight since. Every answer i track down, leads me to better questions.

Comment

Hello

Comment

Hi, I'm Julian from New Mexico. I do IT and play with electronics in my spare time. Looking forward to being a part of the community.

Comment

Hi I'm Opus Gauss, I'm into hardware and debugging electronics. Currently, I'd like to learn more about how to understand and modify BIOS on laptops. Nice to meet all of you!

Comment

Hi! I'm learning electronics as a hobby. I'm currently repairing an asus z97 sabertooth mark 2 that wont post. Hope to learn something and help others if I can. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                          X