X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hi everyone!
    I'm Jonathan from L'Atelier du Mac! I'm based at Magog, Québec, Canada!
    I know i could learn a lot with you and maybe, i could help you too!

Thanks all and have a great day!

Comment

Hello!
      Nice to find this community
      A bit electronic
      some DIY

Ciprian

Comment

Mandatory post required for interacting with the rest of the system.

Comment

I'm Chris and I repair Apple logic boards.

Comment

Hi,

Happy to be part of this community. My first computer was a Radio Shack TRS80 with 2 floppy drives !

Comment

Hello, my name is Norman, new to the forum, I am from South America, Argentina. My interest in computers started back in the 80's, with a lot of astonishment and interest in programming since I already did electronics and I loved all this.
              I am here because of my interest in motherboard repair.

Comment

Hi, I am Errol, a bit of an electronic nut going back some 50 years! Been in ham radio all this time and was in there when the microprocessor craze broke in the 70's. Guess I have tested the waters in so many ways be it hardware or software. Looking forward to your help as I continue to wrestle with the rapid changes especially when it comes to repairing equipment.

Comment

Hi there... I am Roland from the Netherlands. I studied electronics 30 years ago, but ended up in a software/firmware career. Since I enjoy getting my hands dirty, I picked up repairing as a hobby, with varying success. I plan to use this forum to get tips from people who are more handy/knowledgable than me.

Comment

Hi, my name is Jürgen. I like to repair my stuff - regardless if it is my car, washing machine, chainsaw, or my computer.
                    Unfortunately my component level electronics background is pretty much beginner level. I've done some AT128/ESP32 based electronics tinkering (a remotely controlled automated irrigation system) - but lacking the background I had to heavily rely on the expertise of a more electronics savy colleague. I do have some basic tools: multimeter, soldering and hot air station, OpenBoardView - but attempts to read mainboard schematics quicky exceed my level of ignorance.

Comment

Hello. i am Cristi from Romania . Nice to meet you all

Comment

Hello, my name is Alexandre, I'm a hardware technician, I've been working in this area for over 30 years (of course, excluding comings and goings) I'm very grateful to be able to participate in this elite group, I hope I can contribute with my humble knowledge!

Comment

I like to eat apple pie, with custard

Comment

Saludos a todos, Nuevo miembro

Comment

Hello guys,
                              I see many differently aged and educated people here - good stories to read ...
                              I am also one of those elders, but I think the most important is how old you feel yourself :-)
                              Started with electronics when I firstly needed to find out how can I build my own distortion pedal for my guitarist in my first band - back in 1979 ... funny enough I've used germanium transistors and diodes because only these were available at the local store. Now everyone want to go back to these times and build their circuits because of this certain sounding features. Born and grown up in Bulgaria but I think this only gave me the opportunity to be creative, learn from every sources I had access to, use the chances live gave me. Have been working firstly with computers at 1982 when my country start filling up most of the schools with Apple II clones (made in Bulgaria).
                              I went through much - being Master degree-educated in an Russe Technical University at 1992, then working several exciting jobs, been co-designer of Motor-controllers, later - Pro Audio interfaces, car-alarm industry, etc. Now - working in the oil-industry electronics design, implementing standalone electrically-battery based valve control-systems with battery-driven actuators, which is considered top-notch technology at the moment.
                              Working at many side private projects, not related with the above ... only the pro-audio is of a common interest there, as I am still a musician and a musician-father as well.
                              Even experienced in many different directions in electronics, I still find funny to explore all the challenges I meet in my way.
                              I am sure I can find here some answers and maybe participate by sharing my knowledge at some topics. Been registered some years ago, have been only a reader - now my first post ... maybe I need to post some question soon ...
                              Respect and regards to all moderators and experienced people, sharing their respectful knowledge here!

Comment

Hey folks, no formal tech education but have got to that point in life where I want to try and build some active speakers, hopefully without tapping myself out in a cloud of magic smoke so here we are, btw my soldering skills are appalling, so there will be some hideous blobs of the stuff on some of my work.

Thanks

Comment

hii,...

i'm not good in english so i try,

i'm electric technician from my beloved country indonesia- exactly city "bekasi"
                                  you can call me whatever mostly people call me 'abi'...
                                  thanx for let me join in this forum so i can learn n learn much ...

'terima kasih banyak' ( better you translate this bro )

salam penuh cinta dan kasih dari saya ( please just copy paste n translate )

abi

Comment

Hello to all. I am a retired RF Engineer and still have a love for all types of electronics and Auto mechanics.
                                    I have spent a long time working on satellite systems, RF, analogue, digital, board layouts and software.
                                    My first portable Apple was the Iic, yep, I'm that old
                                    Now retired, as already mentioned, I am looking into repairing Apple devices, with the first one being my own MacBook Pro 13" 2019 version.
                                    I'm looking forward to being part of this community and hopefully I can take part and be of some help to people. Lets see.
                                    Forgot to say, living in France now and speaking bad French
                                    Chat soon.

Comment

Hello, new user here. Hope this forum helps me to repair my UPS
                                      thanks for your help

Comment

Good day, everyone!

Just found out about this great forum while searching for ways to fix my laptop's BIOS.

Not an expert tinkerer but would love to get any help that I can to solve my system's (BIOS) administrator password problem.

Thanks in advance and happy weekend!

Comment

Hell new user here.

I'm a tinker nerd like the rest of you lot
                                          Currently flashing a bios externally and looking for help

Comment

Working...
                                          X