This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hi folks ... I'm a 57 year old mechanical engineering the doesn't mind pushing the limits of my knowledge. I found myself here while researching to try to fix my daughters laptop.

Thanks in advance for any help you may provide.

Comment

Hi peoples,
      Let me first introduce myself, my name is Angel, I am from Sofia, Bulgaria. I have been repairing auto electronics for 19 years, and in my spare time I try to repair other electronics as well. Lately, due to hardware problems, software defects have been happening, that's what brought me here to you.

Thanks.

Comment

Hello everybody

my name is Pierre. I began electronics decades ago, trying to fix Cathodic TV running with tubes. Have some ferrite rings memories in my stock !
        Since then I have been fixing ore dismantling everything available, ranging from washing machines, refrigerator, baker,, cars, etc. to hards disks, laptops etc.
        With some success but also failures...
        Very happy to join this community, hoping to share a lot.

Pierre

Comment

Olá! Prazer em fazer parte desta comunidade. Espero que possamos trocar muito conhecimento. Grato!!

Comment

Hello

Comment

My Name is Chapita, I started electronics some five years ago and I mostly fi laptops. I am glad to join the community.

Comment

I'm new to this forum, I'm an electronics hobbyist. Searching forums and video card repair video sites I got here.

Comment

Hello everyone, I'm a new member, can anyone help me, thank you for creating this forum for everyone to exchange, learn from laptop repair experience, etc.

Comment

Hi everybody,

I'm Emmanuel, I'm living in France, 42 years old. I was looking for solving my Panansonic CF-54 problem and I find you. Hope i can learning something new here. Thanks for your work. Happy to join.

Comment

Hi i have somehow found myself in need of punishment. I have lots of working devices but that does not satisfy my need of fixing stuff. I have build a few computers and sold and through that i was more hooked on the diagnostic side of getting a working system together. This led me to here.

Comment

Hi guys and gals. I'm a 60 year old retired builder. I've always been into computers, gadgets or whatever. No I'm retired I'm bored, so I've got back to fiddling with anything electrical, but mainly pc's and laptops. I'm a bit behind the times, but I'm catching up fast. Sometimes faster then I can remember what I started in the first place. I hope I can help peeps in some way.... Cheers.

Comment

Hello, I am new here. I have no shop or do any repairing. Only sometimes occasianly for hobby. But I am very interested to gain knowledge about technics... bahamhastra

Comment

I repair gpu, laptop and desktop. Not too long ago. So i need your guidance. Thank you.

Comment

Hello everyone on the forum. I am 53 years old and I am from Poland. Electronics is my hobby, I have repaired some laptops, LED TVs and small electronics. I found this forum by accident looking for a diagram for Sony KDL-48WD655 and that's where I found it and I admit that I managed to start the TV but there was another problem because the image goes out after a while but it's by the way. I'm going to start a new thread and hope someone from the forum can advise me on what to do next. At the same time, I am asking for understanding because, as I wrote, electronics is my hobby. The whole text was translated by a translator, because I do not speak English. Regards. Peter

Comment

Всем здорова!!!
                                Будем посмотреть что тут у вас есть интересного!!!

Comment

Originally posted by petabyte View Post
                                  As this is a brand new forum, I thought I'd open up a thread to encourage new members to introduce themselves a bit.. now hey.. let's not get too personal.. ok ?

And if you wouldn't mind to keep this thread "clean" let's try to keep the the chitchat (i.e. even the welcome to the board replies) to a minimum or this thread may get to 100 pages fast

So I'll start things off :

My name is petabyte and I'm a forum junkie. :oops: I've been off the wagon for a number of years and countless times I've tried to stop but it's useless.. I need to feed my learning addiction.. :!:

Now just a bit about me.. I'm a fairly secretive guy in terms of privacy on the net.. especially when the things you write are visable to anyone with a net connection. But I love to share the info and knowledge I have, so that's why I'm here, to share and learn.

my formal education is that of an electronic engineer and I held a field service position with a firm for over 20 years.. that job is gone now along with company car and laptop <cry> oh well..
                                  So needless to say (but i will) I've always tinkered with things.. yes, a hacker.. (too bad that term lost it's orignal meaning) a hardware hacker mostly.. hacking fixes in whatever I find that breaks.. (except for cars, I have friends for that) I got started a little late into the computers, my first box was an ibm pc-xt with a whopping 10meg HD,blazing fast 4.66mhz 8086 processor, 640k mem running dos 3.3.. man was I cool back then.. :roll: nevermind..

so these days, I'm forced to be a software guy as well.. as I fix pc's for friends and that usually means cleaning virus/trojan/adware and reinstalling OS's.. yeah hardware breaks but not that often :cry: so as a result, I keep up on my software knowledge by visting a few security forums.. and trolling around a few hardware forums as well.

now I found this place from a thread at motherboards.org/forums
                                  where I've been hanging out lately.. it's a nice friendly place with some pretty smart people.. mostly, of course, it's about mobo's.. So this person mentioned badcaps.net and I recalled reading articles a year or so ago about the faulty caps and was curious as to what you guys were up to.. and I said "w00t.. they have a forum"..

and so now.. you're stuck with me :P

so what's your story ? come on.. give it up..
                                  hello sir im new this is an amazing site 😍...i have join to get the solutions of my problem with the laptop also ill support the web at other forms.thenku 😍

Comment

introductions

Hi to everyone from Transylvania!

Comment

Hi! I'm trying to repair Apple

Comment

I'm not sure if I did this right heh, but my friends call me Minus. I look forward to learning so much from this crowd, and wish you all best of luck on your projects.

Comment

Hey,

i'm from Germany and i'm very happy to be here.
                                          Computers are my whole World since i coul'd typ on a Keyboard.
                                          I'm fixing Laptops and Computer my whole life in private surroundings.
                                          Since a few years i'm trading with parts and devices.
                                          The devices needs checkups and fixings before selling and sometimes i need to do some repairs.
                                          Since the beginning of the year, i was able to invest a little Money. Now i can do board level fixes under my microscope cam.
                                          In the last 2 years i've learned much more, than all the years before.
                                          Right now im getting in to Programmers and resetting Passwords, through this forum.

Thanks for this platform. I love it!

And this is the Mainpart of my small workingspace

After getting into Programmers i will master my measuring and soldering skills and after that its time for fixing smartphone.

Have a great time!

Comment

Working...
                                          X