• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

thanks I can join, I wish the best for all technicians

Comment

Dell Optiplex 7040 MT

Built a PC on this used motherboard(DELL MIQ170R Swordfish DDR4 MT 14057-1). At first, when I plug in power cable(without even pushing start button) fans immediately start working at normal speed then after 4-5 seconds it starts working at full speed and stays that way until you manually turn it off by holding power button. While fans are working nothing shows up on screen.
      Also tried turning it on without CPU and RAM. Acts same. As soon as power cable is plugged in fans working at normal speed then goes to full speed after a while...
      There is a yellow indicator on motherboard that blinks 2 + 1(2 pause 1 and repeat)
      I thought it's a BIOS issue and I erased the bios firmware with the CH314 programmer. Plugged in power cable again, this time with no BIOS and saw the smoke coming out.
      Now there are no signs of life at all when I plug-in power cable or press start button on PC. Fans don't work either. Stopped working altogether
      When I checked there was this burnt detail(attached image) that has these numbers on it "8910 and **005M". I can't identify first 2 symbols before 005M but I suppose it could be 45005M as I've seen some similar details on the internet with that numbers on it.
      Is this thing replaceable or somehow can be fixed?

Comment

hi boss

please how to start post

Comment

Hello from Germany.

I found this Forum because i'am trying to find out how to reset my bios password :-DDDD

Comment

Greetings from Bristol in the UK, I decided to join your forums to get some help with a bios password. I found this forum while searching for a bios password rest for dell latitude 5420

I hope to learn more about computer electronics

Comment

Hi everyone. Im an electrician by trade just looking to get better at electronics and showing off my projects. Thanks for having me.

Comment

Hello, I am from Poland and I am looking for BIOS in bin format for clevo N850HK cause last update brick it in someway, hope I will not make it worse

Comment

hi i am ozzy from the netherlands.. i think this forum has the best information regarding elektronics repairs. Thats the reason why i will be a participant of this great site.

Comment

Hello from Germany! I'm Benni, and I usually work with software rather than hardware. But I really enjoy fixing electronics and learning more about that.

Comment

Hi everyone.
                      I'm Carlos, from Argentina.
                      For more than 10 years I have been in the field of repairing mobile devices, mainly cell phones.
                      In the last years I have incorporated notebooks and currently I'm already working on them at the micro-welding level.
                      I hope I can be connected long enough to advise with what little I know...

Comment

Hello from Vancouver, BC, Canada
                        Schooling as an electronic technologist since 1991, doing electronic design engineering since 2002 in mostly telecom field, high end home theatre audio, and mainly things with a micro processor/controller.

Always like the repair/modding/hacking

Comment

Hello Forum Members!
                          I am from the US, close to Lake Michigan. I am a electronics hobbyist, and always looking to learn new things. I have successfully built and repaired vacuum tube amplifiers, and some other larger electronic circuits. I am currently delving into the world of laptop repair. That is how I found this forum! I am searching for some direction from some folks that have more knowledge in the field than i do. I am excited to learn things, and hopefully get them working properly again!

Thank You

Comment

Hi everyone I'm Banacek this is my first post from Lancashire UK

Comment

Hello
                              I found this forum while trying to do a thinkpad bios unlock

Comment

Hi everyone, my name is Alfonso Domingo from Philippines, I always visited this site because it help me a lot in my work, i just want to thank you everyone for posting a technical solutions here. I visit this site when i was searching some of bios.bin it help me a a lot so.. thanks again everyone..

Comment

hello everyone. I need help, i have acer ES1-332 (DAOZHPMB8FO REV: F).. i just want to know the location of bios chip in motherboard, there are 2 of them both are 8,192mb so I'm curious which one is main.

I attached photos of my board.

THANKS IN ADVANCE ..
                                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by petabyte View Post
                                    As this is a brand new forum, I thought I'd open up a thread to encourage new members to introduce themselves a bit.. now hey.. let's not get too personal.. ok ?

And if you wouldn't mind to keep this thread "clean" let's try to keep the the chitchat (i.e. even the welcome to the board replies) to a minimum or this thread may get to 100 pages fast

So I'll start things off :

My name is petabyte and I'm a forum junkie. :oops: I've been off the wagon for a number of years and countless times I've tried to stop but it's useless.. I need to feed my learning addiction.. :!:

Now just a bit about me.. I'm a fairly secretive guy in terms of privacy on the net.. especially when the things you write are visable to anyone with a net connection. But I love to share the info and knowledge I have, so that's why I'm here, to share and learn.

my formal education is that of an electronic engineer and I held a field service position with a firm for over 20 years.. that job is gone now along with company car and laptop <cry> oh well..
                                    So needless to say (but i will) I've always tinkered with things.. yes, a hacker.. (too bad that term lost it's orignal meaning) a hardware hacker mostly.. hacking fixes in whatever I find that breaks.. (except for cars, I have friends for that) I got started a little late into the computers, my first box was an ibm pc-xt with a whopping 10meg HD,blazing fast 4.66mhz 8086 processor, 640k mem running dos 3.3.. man was I cool back then.. :roll: nevermind..

so these days, I'm forced to be a software guy as well.. as I fix pc's for friends and that usually means cleaning virus/trojan/adware and reinstalling OS's.. yeah hardware breaks but not that often :cry: so as a result, I keep up on my software knowledge by visting a few security forums.. and trolling around a few hardware forums as well.

now I found this place from a thread at motherboards.org/forums
                                    where I've been hanging out lately.. it's a nice friendly place with some pretty smart people.. mostly, of course, it's about mobo's.. So this person mentioned badcaps.net and I recalled reading articles a year or so ago about the faulty caps and was curious as to what you guys were up to.. and I said "w00t.. they have a forum"..

and so now.. you're stuck with me :P

so what's your story ? come on.. give it up..
                                    Hi sir/Everyone as a new member I wll repost my introduction.

My name is Alfonso Sto Domingo, Im 49yrs of age, I live in Philippines. I find this site when I was searching for a bios.bin and I registered here.

I'm a computer technician here in Philippines, working in a small Cellphone and laptop repair shop, Im doing repair all kinds of laptop desktop and macbook specially a dead motherboards, I'm doing also network configuration and troubleshoot.

I've been a technician since 1990 I start in Windows 95, I work also in Qatar as a Fujitsu-Siemens technical support for Asian games for 10yrs, I don't have a college degree what I have is only a Working experience and many attended trainings in Dubai, I work also in Ooredoo qatar as a fiber optic technician, I love to learn all kinds of technical stuff.

sorry for my English grammar.

Comment

Hello. My name is Teodor, I am 32 years old and I am from Bulgaria. My hobby and passion is electronics and I hope with your help I will have more and more knowledge. Thanks for the reception. Greetings to all!

Comment

I'm Sergei from Kherson!
                                        my nickname is gs84 the same as in all technician forums

Comment

Hey, new here, first name Rex.
                                          My fist computer was a vic20, yes I'm old.
                                          I just try to keep my computer, laptop going.

Comment

Working...
                                          X