Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello !

Comment

Hello!

Comment

Hello there.
              Crazy chicken from poland, kokodin, is now also here!
              So it seems i am spreading my internet influence over the worls wide web even thinner now.
              It is hard to be in many places at once so i might some dy just disapear , to reapera again with another crazy idea.

As a day job i work as an electrician and computer tech in local highschool with technical it profile, so i seen a lot of broken computers someone had to fix. i am not very good with laptops though because you can barely take any parts out, and i mostly work with "lego" parts. That being said i do know some basic electronics and i do know how to solder things i can see (bga is another story)

i hope i won't make many enemies by being my usual crazy person

Comment

Hi everyone my name is kesh (cash) from penang,malaysia

Comment

Hello from Finland! First time posting.

Comment

good day..please welcome me here im new in this forum.im laptop and cp tech in philippines.thank you

Comment

hello everyone. My Name is Pascal and i come from switzerland. i am electrician and just starting with electronics.

I just fixt my 1 Motherboard. Danks to all of you

Comment

Hi there,

My name is Renjith and from India. I got into the world of electronic repairs about 5 years ago. It was a a big learning curve for me when i stepped into the ocean of electronic concepts. Learning never stops for me. Even though 5 years down the lane, I still get a lot of questions that needs answering. I believe this forum will a place for that as we have some of the most experienced people within the industry to help me and everybody else who has got a question.

Comment

Hello all, i'm miguel and live in missouri. love working on computers and would love to learn more here.

Comment

New guy here. Took TV repair back in the 80's. Let's just say things have changed, a LOT. Tubes was the thing back then and transistors were just starting in TVs. I was taught some about transistor TVs but it was limited. TVs also weighed enough to require two people to move them. Still, I've had electronics as a hobby every since before I took TV repair. I've designed and built pump controllers and such for personal use. This was also back in the day when we used dry transfer to make our own PCBs. So, somewhat a old guy, sort of. Mid 50's, ish.

I'm also a Linux user. I have a mindset that includes helping others when I can. I ran up on this site while working on my TV. I didn't find anything here to help but this seems to be a large forum with tons of info. I took pics of my TV power supply before the repair. I plan to post them in a thread just in case someone else comes along and their caps blew up completely and they don't know the values. I figure that info could be helpful. I'm just hoping I can post pics here shortly. Rules thing said I need to post before starting a thread, here I am.

While most folks see TVs as disposable, I don't. If I can repair it and it is cost effective, it gets repaired. I tend to get attached to things. I still have my 1994 car too. Hey, runs good. Why not???

I might add, I disappointed in LG. The caps I took out were Su'scon, which according to another site that tests computer stuff, are 4th tier. I expected better from them. I replaced with Rubycon and Nichicon which were good even way back in the day. Watching lightening strike it now. o_O

As soon as I'm able to post, including pics, I'll post some info on my TV that may help some poor soul in the future. Maybe. If not, I tried. If a mod can help with pic posting, it would be nice.

Comment

hello my name Shane im a mechanic by trade. Ive messed about with electronics over the years basically following guides how to fix common issues. but when i replace some parts and it doesn't work it gets very frustrating lol
                              so i want get into the diagnosing side of things to keep some retro consoles alive

Comment

Hi,
                                My name is Gabe and I usually tend to fix my things if I am certain that I am capable of. My motto is "if I don't find a solution, I invent one" . Usually, this doesn't apply to every situation, but I still like it. 😁 I am good with electronics but not a pro, show me a guide and I know what to do.
                                I hope that I can find guidance here for whatever my questions
                                Thanks.

Comment

Hello, I am Garuda, it is a pleasure to be part of this community, I consider myself someone who is in search of continuous knowledge; since one never stops learning. Electronics enthusiast, self-taught, passionate about computers. Greetings.

Comment

hi. glad to be present on this forum. I like experiments to upgrade Notebooks (alienware, msi, clevo e.t.c) and looking for bios dump for hp Zbook 17 g5 (laptop not startup, freezes on boot logo)

Comment

Hello all!

Unfortunately, I do not have experience in fixing electronics. My background is IT and software development. I am just starting my journey learning electronics repair.

First computer was an Apple II+ bought new 1981 while in high school .

Just set up my workstation with the following tools
                                      Hakko FX-951
                                      Weller Fume Hood
                                      Atten ST-862D
                                      OWON XDM1041
                                      RIDEN RD6012
                                      Amscope SM-4NTP 7X-45X
                                      Hayer HDMI C-Mount camera
                                      FlexBV

bought several broken laptops on ebay both macbook and pc for practice.
                                      Still looking for relevent schematics to round off the workstation

Comment

Hello all,

have been from 1979 in ICT, mostly as an IBM S/370 & S/390 Systems programmer.

Later on started to use PC's etc. and now helping lots of people out with laptop hardware & software issues.

Apart from that I am a programming language freak ... ehm.

Found this forum in the hope to find a very specific BIOS. Seems to be the right forum for it!

Keep up the good work!!!

Comment

Hi guys! Glad to be present on this forum. I have interesting about computer hardware I really hope to find answers to my questions in this community

Comment

Working...
                                          X