X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello,
    yesterday I managed to break my Asus TUF FX505DT. I dropped it on the floor from my lap. It still worked for few hours and then while playing chess in browser it simply died and wouldn't turn on again. I opened laptop, disassembled motherboard, cleaned all dust etc. and tried to power it on again. Needless to say it didn't work, it created a spark few times near CPU. Depression kicked in... What to do? Buy a new laptop? After searching what to buy and calculating I can't currently afford it, I started rechecking the motherboard again and I think I found a bad cap - it looks scratched and dented. I have no idea how to desolder it, how to find identical one nor how to solder it again. So I started searching online and found barely any useful information. After hours of searching somehow I landed on this forum! I could not believe that such a forum exists! People sharing schematics? No way! Wow. After sparky motherboard I got a spark of hope it could be possible to repair motherboard. Hopefully other parts will still work. It's 3 AM here and I am still browsing many useful information in this forum. Planing to buy all tools needed to at least try to repair what I broke.
    Something about me: bicycle mechanic with interest about electronics. Purchased recently Korad ka3005p power supply, looking for some oscilloscope for learning and hobby projects.

Comment

Hello,
      My Dell Precision 7710 refused to startup yesterday. I haven't done anything unusual but when I try to turn it on I don't see any startup screen on display. The led lights on laptop blink in a pattern (2 amber, 1 green) which on dell site suggests error related to processor or motherboard. I am here to fix the laptop. Thanks for having me in the forum and looking forward for a solution.

Comment

Hi Everyone Name here is Warren I graduated from DeVry Institute of Technology quite some time ago. Prior to that I studied at the University of Western Ontario. I have been in a family business doing appliance repair for about 40 years and more recently I have been repairing the electronic circuit boards that are found in most modern appliances.
        I also dabbled in building custom computers for a short time as well.
        I have started repairing Tv/Monitors and have had success repairing some of these but wish I had found this forum many years ago.
        My father started this store front business at the end of WWII and it has been a family business ever since then. He passed in 1977 and I had to take over and fill his shoes as they say.
        I am hopeful that I can tap into others experiences and fixes for TV's that I may be needing a little help with. I own very expensive soldering and de soldering equipment so I am not a $14.95 soldering type of guy!
        I am also hoping to learn where the modern parts are sourced . Looking forward to learning some new electronic skills. If you want to ask any questions just fire away!

Comment

Hello.
          My name is Petros and I am from Greece. My job is about home appliances repairs. My knowledge about electronics is limited. I found the site when I was trying to fix my pc monitor or my tv. I don't remember exactly.
          Nice to meet you and sorry for my bad English….

Comment

Hey there guys! Finally, i'm happy to be here with you. Sooner or later, i will start posting about repairs i'm trying to deal with. As a home appliances technician with background on IT ill be happy to share anything i know

Comment

Hi guys, im a macaco, im from Brasil but i live in Spain. Im eletronic apasionate and i feel good when i solve issues. From year 2018 im gowing repairing macbooks and imacs boards and i will be happy to share my knownledge here and of course that i have some questions too and i apreciate if someone can help.

best whishes to all.

Comment

Hi there, I'm a 50 years old buck and happy to be here, my daily job is water treatment for pharma application. I fall in love for home device repair under pandemic time, when my dish/laundry and graphic card died at the same time.
                I'm still learning.

Comment

Hi,
                  I´m here to get help with repairing Laptop Mainboard

Mike

Comment

Just want to say Hello, I'm from germany and relatively new in the whole Bios-Dump-flashing thing but rescued some "dead" PC/Laptops bought second hand.

Comment

Hello

Comment

Hello, I am from South Africa. Happy to be part of this community. I have been an IT technician for many years. Recently I was looking for a bios fix for a Lenovo ThinkCentre when I came across this forum. I am always learning new stuff and will love to contribute to this forum.

Comment

Hi From Italy, Been designing boards on Altium in the past and fixed many many things...
                          BTW Now I'm trying to fix my liquid damages MacBook Pro

Comment

hi!!

I´m Mario from Mexico, 33 years old... i found this blog cause i have a dell laptop with computrance / absolute lock.... I have been repairing laptops and computers for 12 years but I had never touched this lock, I hope I don't bother you with my inexperience in this subject but as they say, you always learn something new.

Regards!

Comment

Hello, my name is Juan, i'm here to learn about repairs. i am a IT guy but electronics are my passion.

Best regards.

Comment

Hi all…

I'm primarily interested in late 60s to early 80s audio receivers and amplifiers. I've been working on a few Sansui receivers lately.

Regards,

Arnold

Comment

Hello my name is Marcio, I live in Brazil, I'm new here, but I already liked the content a lot, I'm an electronics technician since 1990, I'm in love with Electronics, and I'm not looking for news, I believe I'll have many here and many friends .
                                  Thank you for accepting my access.

Comment

Wel thanks for such a warm introduction, I haven't read all of the above post but I will.
                                    I have loved tinkering with devices for what seems like my entire life and I continue to have a insatiable need to learn and I can't get enough, in short I enjoy tinkering . Thank you for having me.

Comment

Hi, my name is Ilya, i want start learn about gpu repairs, and i come here because most of forums of post soviet countries is based on money, like if you want get boardview some guy that stole that boardview here will sell it to you for 2 or 3 bucks. I saw that people here share boarview for free, so i, poor student come here to get some knowledge of repairing gpu and other computer stuff. Thx if someone read this, btw sorry for my bad english, unfortunately in school i was too lazy to learn it

Comment

Hello all. I'm registering to access a Thinkpad x260 schem attachment.

My touchpad+nipple has stopped working ("PS/2 mouse not detected") and swapping the touchpad for a spare hasn't helped. I've found one blown SMD fuse on the rear of the motherboard that appears to supply power to the touchpad conn, but it has no voltage on either side, so something else in series has also died. Sadly the tracks disappear into inner board layers. Wish me luck

Comment

Just trying to introduce myselves... not sure I am doing this correct way. Sorry than.
                                          I am here to fix Avaya IP500v2 power supply
                                          TDPS 138AF

Comment

Working...
                                          X