This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hi... another newbie from the UK... electrical engineer, far more comfortable with 132kV. looking to tinker with electronics. ultimately some vintage audio. thx

Comment

Hello, my name is Michael. i’m from Australia, would like some advice with the Samsung Lcd, Thanks guys! ��

Comment

Hello all,
        New to all this but diving in deep. Looking forward to learning.

Comment

Hi All. Im new user this forum.

Comment

Hi everyone,

I hope you're having a good Sunday!

Comment

Hello everyone!
              Came here to fix my tv!

Comment

Hey there, my name is Peter from Germany.
                I found a schematic for my grafic card here.

Comment

Many thanks for the warm welcome!

I want to be very candid and forthright from the outset. I am an incarcerated inmate in state prison. If any members of this forum find that difficult to accept or work with, I fully understand and apologize for causing discomfort to you. I don't have the years or level of experience many of you have, but when I stumbled onto this site, I felt I had found a very promising resource.

With staff supervision, I manage and maintain a small prison education network of about 200 devices: laptops, desktops, printers, server, switches, wireless APs, signage, and more currently spanning four buildings. Administering Active Directory, setting up and upgrading computers, and repairing damage due to spills, drops, and breakage are primary jobs.

As older laptops were broken, I've been salvaging parts to fix other machines, but I have problems with some models for which I have no spare components. I know I have some motherboard issues, hence this forum where I hope to listen and learn how to troubleshoot and fix them.

Thanks again for the welcome...I'm pleased to find myself in such knowledgeable company.

Respectfully, JD

Comment

Hi guys i'm Bsl from Canada trying to take care of my computers

Comment

Hello everyone. I found this community by asking OpenAI to how to fix my Vizio M65-C1 TV.

Comment

Hello everyone! I hope im at the right place here for the introduction.

I am probably pretty young here with 22, and i may not have ever seen a commodore 64, but i certainly have heard of it. I started doing PC building and repairs a few years ago, and started learning about component repair a few months ago. I do know my way around electricity quite a bit, but i have never learned a job around electronics specifically, so I'm quite behind most of you. I plan on looking at information on here and learn from it, any maybe even post something here and there. Great to see such a community existing!

Comment

Hi, I'm Malakh

I'm a hobbist fixer, I try to fix everything that I lay my hands on, but lately I started fixing laptops.
                          I started during the pandemic but it grew on me.
                          My first computer was a HC2000 made by Ice Felix in Romania back in 94-95 and there I got my love for electronics.
                          Glad to be here and thank you all for sharing the knowledge.

Comment

Hello Everyone,

My name is David and I hail from North Carolina, USA. I have been getting into laptop repair lately to help friends and family, and by chance I stumbled upon this website when looking for schematics.

Many thanks to the contributors here, a wealth of information and expertise!

Comment

Hi trying to get some answers about an lg gram... thanks!

-Al

Comment

Hi, this is Tom Bailey and I am encouraged to find this website. I have a MacBook Pro that has gone dead. At first there was the message battery is not charging then when the battery was completely discharged. The MacBook Pro shut down and I haven't been able to restart it since. I have disconnected the battery, but it makes no difference. I think the charger (I have several) are OK so I'm wondering if some charging circuitry is faulty.
                                I used to be a main frame programmer and switched to mobile devices, and I have some experience with electronics, assembling and repairing PCBs. I'm hoping I'll be able to use some of the information available at the site to figure out what's wrong with my MacBook Pro.
                                Aloha (I live in Hawaii),
                                Tom Bailey

Comment

Hello there gang, im a from Tacoma, WA a nurse by profession and a computer hobbyist, been teaching myself how to code, repair laptops and such, hope to learn from such an eclectic smart bunch thanks!!!

Comment

Hello all, I'm from Los Angeles. I'm an old-timer now but I got into electronics in Jr high school, getting my General class Ham license at age 14. A long career in computer networking took me away from electronics and more into protocols. I'm now rediscovering the joys of electronics mainly due to the ease of procuring broken TVs and fixing them. I just picked a discarded 55" 4k TV off a curb and fixed it in a few hours (thanks to this forum!). We live in great times!

Comment

Hello!

I've just registered. I'm starting to repair phones, laptops, tablets, etc. and looking for information here.

Thank you.

Comment

Hi all I repair phones and laptops thank you for accepting me into your community.
                                        Alfonso

Comment

Greetings from the sunny side of the Alps!

Enthusiast for fixing things, electronics, farm machinery, '80 & '90 stuff, ski and wine
                                          Working in corporation for home appliances, so Bosch fixing would be a thing for me.
                                          Not that much anymore in homebrew-R&D anymore, but from time to time I get some bright ideas too.

Comment

Working...
                                          X