This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

HI, retired in North Carolina, USA. Interested in learning electronics as hobby and trying to diagnose faulty computer motherboards. First computer was around 1987. It was an IBM
    286 with a 20 Mbyte HDD. The salesman said it was the most storage capacity I would ever need. Still have the windows 1.0 discs.

Comment

Hello, My Name is Martin, I'm a computer scientist and sometimes I manage to fix something from electronics myself.

Comment

Hello, I need help

Comment

Hello everyone! I'm working on video game consoles in my free time and I don't like bad caps (the caps not this great site). :-)

Comment

Hi
            Data Recovery Engineer based on Phoenix AZ.
            Logic boards are becoming and ever increasing part of our job.
            Hopefully will learn a lot from you guys.
            Tim

Comment

Hey Everyone, must've joined this a while back but never formally introduced myself. Not wanting to dox myself, but Electrical Engineer, turned Software Developer. Love repairing hardware.

Comment

Hello All,

I've found this forum due searching bios dump for my laptop. I am not that experienced in forum sites, so big excuses for making noob mistakes. I am new also to laptop repairs, but hopefully I will master it whit your kindly given knowledge... critique and help is welcome

Thank You!

Comment

Hi All,
                  I'm Software Developer with some interest in electronics repair for my own needs.
                  Heard about this forum from the great LER YouTube channel.

Comment

Hi Im Raines44 In located in the Uk and glad the be apart of this great forum

Comment

Hi, I am Doojoo and I am interested to repair stuff for the needs of my family and myself.

Comment

Hello to the forum. I am a photographer and also graduated in information science. When I'm not photographing, I'm programming and always inventing any "uselessness".

Comment

Hii
                          I am.new here

Comment

Hi, my name is Adam and I'm from the Czech Republic, Europe. This looks like a great forum where a lot of useful information can be found. From time to time I'm in PC repairing as a hobby. Regards

Comment

Hello! I am James/Coaster from the East Coast of the United States. I am learning in my spare time PCB Design for Neopixels and one of my hobbys is rdoing general work on consumer electronics such as laptops. As of late, with the NeoPixel boards, I have also picked up SMD Soldering.

Looks like I am going to like it here!

Kindest Regards,

Comment

Hello all. My name is Eric and I'm a computer tech from San Diego, CA. Been in IT 20+ years (help desk, desktop support, NOC's, etc.) and trying to learn board-level repair for fun and business but mainly for fun.

I currently run my own computer repair company and do low-voltage cabling/network contract stuff on the side.

Comment

Hi everybody, my name ist Sebastian and found this forum on the search for my Mobo problem, so hope i´ll get a little help or some info´s how to fix it. I can hold and use a soldering Iron ;-) and did some own PCB´s for different hobbys but concerning about complex industrial electronic´s like pc stuff iam a noob i think.
                                  Sebastian

Comment

Thanks for all the good info

Comment

Hi. I'm Jimmy Hagberg and are from Sweden.

Have been interested in electronics a long time, my first experience was a Commendore 64 and it's been followed up with more technical stuff along the years. Right now I'm 38 years old and live in a small town called Ljungby here in south of Sweden. In the later years I found a new hobby to fix all kind of electronics. So hope to find some good information in your forum. Have a great day. Greetings Jimmy

Comment

Hello everyone, my name is Branko. I've found a solution for my monitor problem. Thanks!

Comment

Re: Topcat's First Weird Project of 2023!

Sorry for hijacking the thread but is there anyway to get my account bumped so I can make a post or 2? Just joined and apparently I am not able to post anything. If that's the case then I'd rather not bother with this website.

Comment

Working...
                                          X