X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Halo semua dari Indonesia

Hello folks. Gonna be honest I'm really new with capacitor repair. Actually found this forum in like, 2019 when I first bought my P7P55D that I actually want to do capacitor modding with but now can't do because my 9 years old VS550 PSU killed the mobo . Now I decided to come here because I have a Rampage II Extreme that I just bought few days ago and I want to replace ALL of its capacitors (especially the ceramic ones, after hearing the ceramic fujitsu caps have really bizarre issues for long term use)

Hopefully I can find the answer here

Comment

Hello,

I am not a business owner, and I am not a repair professional. I simply want to try my hand at repairing my own smartphone that no longer powers on. I have been learning, practicing, gathering equipment, supplies and information for the past two months. I came to this forum for the boardview files. I might stay for any help and advice I can get.

I am looking forward to having the new user permission restrictions lifted so I can start new threads and fill out my profile info and so on.

Thanks!

Comment

Hello all.

My name is Raed, I am from Saudi Arabia. I studied Electrical Engineering and currently working as Quality Engineer.

I joined this forum so I can get help and help others in electronics repair.

My ultimate goal is to open my own repair shop and make it my main work because I really enjoy it!

Comment

hi guys
          my name is paul married 39years 2 daughters 4 grandchildren im retired now
          aged 65 i was a commercial refrigeration engineer for 40 years and live in england
          thought id join the forum and do something different ive bought some equipment and im really interested in understanding computer electronics and trying to mend some of the tablets that my grandhildren have give me

Comment

Hello,
            My name is Matt M. I have a bachelors in Mechanical Engineering and I always repair my own stuff: cars, home appliances, and anything with my house. I took my car in for repair only once in my life to have them look at an electrical problem, and they were useless.
            I found this site because My Asus gaming laptop has a badly designed power DC-in jack. The connection started going bad after a few months. I just kept rotating to a new position. Then when no position would work, I contacted Asus support, but it was just past the 1-year warranty. They want t charge a lot of money and I'll be out of a machine for months. So I tried to unsolder the jack myself to solder in a new one, but somehow I broke out 3 tiny resistors. I tried to get the motherboard schematics from Asus support, or get a quote to purcahse a new motherboard or even an estimate for motherboard replacement if sent to one of their service centers. Asus supprot is totally useless!. They would tell me any of this. They just kept saying to send to one of the repair centers and pay a fixed $85 fee for diagnostic, then they will tell me the estimated cost. What a complete waste! I'm not paying them for a useless diagnostic of what I already know is wrong, and then have them quote me a price that's almost the cost of a new computer AFTER I've already paid them $85 plus shipping charges, and they have my computer. I don't see a thread for the schematics for my machine, so I'll create a new thread asking for this. I don't know where you guys are finding these in other posts, but I'm surprised that you people do find them.

Comment

Hello everyone,

I am Lee. My main experience is in diagnostic and repair, mainly mechanics and auto electrics. I also spent many years repairing mobile phones until Nokia fell off the map in the 2010's.

I have spent even more years repairing consumer electronics of all sorts, however I often struggle with retaining electronics knowledge and can loose myself in a circuit diagram for hours whilst i absorb how the whole circuit works and the system and the logic and the....oh I shall just see what is on the forum. Not so great at going back and actually completing the fix.

Until now that is - It turns out I have ADHD. Seems I have just found my own schematic!

So I have rebuilt my test bench and attempting to focus on repairing the numerous laptops and studio equipment I have in bits here. So a bit of re-relearning for me and a new sense of focus.

I'm not good at social anything, so turning up here and actually typing an intro is a stretch for me and feels odd.

Anyways, thanks to this forum i have found some sterling info about a Sony TV power board from 2008 that has a blown 8.6ohm Ceramic Resistor which actually has a Thermal Fuse inside the package. They don't really make new ones of these any more but on the forum here I found some ideas on making an alternative. Excellent. Thank you Vey Much !

Comment

Programmer by night, avionics designer by day. Started my career as a repair technician and moved forward with design.

I'm an AMD fan sporting an older but still capable 3.2GHz Phenom II X6 1090T parked on an MSI motherboard harvesting video frames with a Dual GPU HD 7990. I transport my bits through 32GB of RAM and garage my bytes mainly on Samsung.

Can't get enough of programming and repair, so here I am to expand my knowledge and contribute.

Comment

I happened upon this forum as I was looking to see if I could repair my old Bowers & Wilkins Zeppelin. I figured it was some of the capacitors and just needed some background on how to take it apart and figure out a direction. Luckily it's a known issue and could be as simple as replacing one cap.

While it's been quite sometime since I picked up a soldering iron to fix electronics, I'm schooled in Computer Electronics back when we build a computer out of discreet components. The last 30 years, since graduating I have been supporting computer infrastructure and eventually managing a data centre for cloud services we built far before the world started calling it cloud services.

I got laid off a month before COVID hit and I'm retired until I find some thing that won't drive me crazy. Currently I'm busy this house renovations and traveling around.

Born in Southern Ontario, Canada, I have lived in various places around the Greater Toronto Area. Currently my wife and I reside in Guelph Ontario.

Regards,

Matt

Comment

Hello Everyone, I work in IT and thought I could fix a tv lol. Apparently not. Thankfully, I found Badcaps which contains tons of info already. I have spent many hours trying to figure out what is wrong with my tv, but you guys are awesome. Thank you!

Comment

hi, somebody can help me with schematics of dell 3551 precision?

my problems its screen backligth but all fuse alll fine icant fine the IC :S when i power the lapotop, blinks 2 , then 8, hope someone have resolve the same prob.

Comment

Hi, My name Si. Been Fixing computers for years thought it was about time to get into the nitty gritty of repairing motherboards.

Comment

Hi all! This is my first time on your forum and I think it's the best forum ever!
                          There are almost no restrictions for newbies here and it's just AMAZING!!!
                          I am a beginner radio amateur myself. I'm into repairing all the equipment I get my hands on from friends. I am a beginner so far, but I really enjoy helping people with their repairs and hope to get involved in life on the forum.

Comment

hello I didn't know this amazing forum just lately

Comment

Hello everybody. That's a really amazing forum.
                              Glad I found it

Comment

Hello everyone. My name is Kevin. I test software for a living but trained as an electronics technician in 1984. I enjoy troubleshooting electronics and have a weekend job repairing phones, tablets and watches. I've repaired some TVs but I need to learn a lot more before I become proficient. This forum is such a great resource for helping others and seeking to receive help myself. I look forward to working with everyone.

Comment

Hi!
                                  I"m not a robot.
                                  Looking fooward for things in the new year.

My story:

When i was abaout 6 year old, i took apart my fathers turntable, but didnt know how to put it back together. And now i repare everthing, form cars to boat GPS/Solar network boards. And im adicted to reparing things

Comment

Hi, I've been taking apart, fixing, and repairing things for most of my life. I've recently been asked about laptop motherboards, so I'm learning about that. This forum seems to be the resource for that.
                                    Best regards to everyone and best wishes for 2023.

Comment

Hello, I Have always been fascinated with technology. This is my first time trying to repair stuff. looking forward to starting a new career repairing stuff, esp. laptops. I have high hopes for the future. hope the forum would assist me out a lot.

best wishes for the new year.

Comment

Hello,
                                        hope to find useful information and have good exchange here for my private projects :-).

Comment

Hello guys

Comment

Working...
                                          X