X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello Everybody!

I'm always trying to fix my friends' computers. So finally getting into BIOS dumping/editing for them.

Comment

Hello Caps

Comment

Hello Together

i´m from Germany and 34 years old, and i love it to repair all kind of things
        I saw this Forum on youtube video and how he gets Infos about Graphiccard Boards and now im here

Comment

Hi,

Found your forum to hopefully help and get help with a range of topics/compacitors/bios ect

Comment

Hi all :-)

New guy here. In computer and tinkering since 30 years but learning something new every day.
            This place looks like a great resource to continue on this journey

Comment

Hello! My name is Ken, I'm 56, I'm from Ohio, and I was a radio repairman in the Army for 9 years. I'm a Desert Storm Vet also, being attached to 2-2 Air Defense Artillery from Ft. Hood. Also I am a 3rd Infantry Division Veteran, belonging to HQ 2-30th and 5-15th Infantry Battalions - Mechanized. I was a radioman and a track driver for two years in Schweinfurt, West Germany - I loved it over there. I was there in '89 when the Berlin Wall was torn down also. I even have a piece of it. I'm glad to have had the chance to go there to get it. It brings back good memories.

Anyways, I've done minor repairs to audio and radio equipment over the years, but I've been out of the hobby for the last 20, and want to learn more. I've got a Klipsch SW-10/Sub-10 for a Klipsch home theater system that keeps blowing fuses, so I hope to read up on all the threads regarding the Klipsch amps so I can troubleshoot this one and repair it myself.

I look forward to reading these forums and learn more about diy electronics through this form with great interest. Thanks everyone, and have an awesome day!

Kind regards,

Ken Wyvill
              Henderson, East TEXAS

Comment

Nice to meet you.
                I'm trying to repair my laptop right now.
                In Japan, there aren't many people who repair laptops by themselves, so I didn't have much information on repairs, so I joined this site.
                Thank you.

Comment

Hi there. My name is Dmitri. Live in Sydney Australia for the past 10 years.

Restoring and collecting vintage HiFi (and sometimes video) equipment is my hobby or a "midlife crisis" as I often call it. Enjoy it a lot.

Looking forward to learning from members and maybe one day I'll be able to help someone.

Comment

Hi All, I'm Tim from the UK and an amateur dabbler with electronics!

Comment

Hey, Adam here. Just a hobbyist who needs to fix things from time to time. Thinking about starting a business with the kids where we resell stuff. Currently have a Jenn Air Double oven that needs the display lcd fixed. Like like I need a cap. Excited to get it fixed.

Comment

Hello!

My name is Rob Speed, and I'm the volunteer shop manager of the Electronics Lab at Port City Makerspace. We provide the tools to design and repair electronics, as well as various rapid prototyping tools (3D printers, laser cutter, etc.) If you live near Porthsmouth, NH come on by for a tour. https://www.portcitymakerspace.com/

Comment

Profession Repair technician...US

Comment

Hey all, i'm neggles, i've been deep into BIOS hackery and general shenanigans with electronics/PCs for the last couple decades really. Most of what I do is with embedded devices, but I've been screwing around with ThinkPad bios stuff (and bios stuff in general) quite a bit lately for various reasons.

Comment

Hello all, I'm quite new in this area, but I'm trying to get to know more about TVs and their repair

Comment

Hello everyone,
                                I am from Slovenia, network and electronics engineer.
                                Very nice forum.

Thanks.

I already have a question about a bravia tv:
                                https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...5&postcount=92

Forum:
                                https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...?t=8606&page=5

Comment

Hi all, I am from the UK and came here from watching youtube vids on repair.
                                  I have always been interested in computers right back to the old Dragon 32 etc. Recently started to enjoy watching all the usual guys on youtube doing repair etc and thought I would love to do that as a hobby.

So here I am and i hope you guys can help me in the future and this place looks like a mine of information for a beginner like me to throw myself into. Thnaks for having me.

Comment

Hi there from Germany,

looking forward to share and learn something about fixing Macs and make the world greener.

Comment

Hello there. Greetings from Argentina. I registered in this forum because I have an old Dell U2410 and it seems the backlight board ( KLS-LM240SH-HF ) is not working properly. I wanted to change some capacitors but I can't find anywhere to buy in South America (not only Argentina) ... so I don't know what to do. I'm new in all this world of electronics, trying to learn everyday. Thank you.

Comment

Hi. I arrived here by searching how to unbrick a lenovo thinkcentre. I still haven't succeeded but there's some hope.

Comment

Hi Everyone! Really happy to have found this forum! Found it after scouring for a place that might help me fix my Samsung PS51D6900 (Plasma). It is 11 years old at that looping being turned on for 15 seconds and then shutsdown and starts itself again. Anyway, I will post about that later, but thanks for having me.

Comment

Working...
                                          X