X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hi to all.
    I mostly do laptop and videogame console repair.
    I find this forum to be one of the best out there.
    Cheers

Comment

Hi there,

Logging on from New Jersey, USA and have been an avid tinkerer since college days.
      Mainly interested in audio stuff but willing to give anything that's kaput a go.
      Looking to learn from you guys as well provide my 2 cents worth.

Cheers

Comment

Hello from South Korea! its nice to meet you all

Comment

Hello from Poland!

My hobby is repairing electronic equipment, especially laptops

Comment

Hello
            First of all, congratulations for this forum which has solved problems for me several times, my name is Michel, I am in France in Marseille, a computer repairman for several years, I am very grateful for all your interventions, thank you for accept within your community!

Comment

Hello,
              My name is Paul and I am from Toronto, Canada.
              I like to repair and restore vintage amps and receivers etc, Mostly stuff from the 70's

Comment

How do, old timer from cats whisker days with memory issues. I think I'm 106 but that cannot be right, I would surely have had my telegram by now.

Location is the wilds of Scotland and my burning issue is a silent but not so active sub woofer, an Acoustic Energy 106

I work on the assumption that if it's not helping you to breathe, it's just not loud enough. At the moment, I'm in danger of asphyxiating, any of you out there with none medical solutions or experience on plate amps etc, please help an old guy liven up my last ferry trip.

Any pointers to cheat sheets, circuit diagrams or other such guides would be most welcome. Thank you

Comment

Hello everyone. My name is Berd and I come from Poland. After many years of break, I am returning to electronics. A lot has changed over the years and it is like a new challenge. Hope to find a lot of interesting news here. Thank you all.

Comment

hola con todos soy tecnico en microelectronica, desde Quito Ecuador, en lo que les pueda ayudar cuenten comigo

Comment

Hi,
                      How r u allz
                      I am from pak, impressed by this worderful satation, and wants to be a part of this site

Comment

Saludos desde Colombia =)

Comment

Hi! I'm techneon and I'm a tinkerer. I'm taking apart my thinkpad and broke it so now I need help :/

Comment

Hello there!
                            i'm from Kazakhstan, repairing printers, laptops and PC

Comment

Hello!
                              Here to learn and help as much as possible. I have a few years in repair and diagnosing issues with PCBs and component troubleshooting. Look forward to finding out as much as I can contribute.

Comment

Hi everyone

Im so excited to learn and discover new things here in this community , hoping we can help each other ..

Comment

Hello everyone,

My name is Vicente Munguia, 37, two children, Mexican, electronic engineer, i pretty much use the board to look for bios dumps, i have a repair shop, i hope i can help someone else too

thanks and best regards

Comment

Hello everyone.
                                    I am not a trained tech in any way. Total newbie. I have been using a soldering iron on my bench for 30 years fixing "Mechanical" problems which can be easily eyeballed or found via continuity checks. Or I'll follow a YouTube Video. I've successfully replaced every Cap I ever did... All 3!

I make all my own cables in my recording studio and modify guitar pedals by putting caps in place of the 9v battery.

That's about it. I'm a musician and I have a lot of equipment which thankfully works well. But I realize I need to up my knowledge.

That is what brought me here. I read all the articles in preparation for my first attempt at recapping my studio PC motherboard. I can visually see the issue and someone on YouTube fixed the same exact mobo/problem but left out important particulars.

When it came time to purchase the caps I scoured this forum and learned that the flavors caps come in are enormous. So I decided to join. I am out of my depth trying to go this alone.

That said, I will shamefully ask my questions with little ability to help others regarding electronics. But I will try. My specialty is Computer software/hardware (I haunt XP Forums www(DOT)xpforums.com where I am helpful); and tweaking some things in musician audio (Amps/Guitars etc.)

So thanks in advance. I really will try to add where I can.

As a side note, I've been on many forums over the years and believe it is still the best social interaction protocol in WorldWideWeb history; gotta say the vibe here is coolest registration process/explanations & meet and greet I've ever seen.

Comment

Good Day Everyone,
                                      Been fixing computers for the past 15 Years or so, with minimal board level repairs.

Starting to expand now by doing more complex repairs and came across this forum which should be heaps of help.

From South Africa

Comment

witam wszystkich

Milo dopalacz do grona fajnych ludzi pracuje tez przy naprawie laptopów Microsoft itp codziennie sie czegoś nowego można dowiedzieć liczę również na wasza pomoc

Pozdrawiam z Bawarii

Comment

Morning everyone, Rory from the UK here. Found this brilliant site when looking for schematics for my MBP. I'm working on a case mod of an iBook clamshell to put a 2018 MBP into it, I'm about 90% there.

Comment

Working...
                                          X