first thing i need is a scope poor eyes are struggling
    been messing since the days of the psone chips,
    so have the limited tools already
    but have real basic knowedge of repairs
    hopefully that will change
    cheers.

Comment

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hi, I love troubleshooting and repair of all sorts of electronics mainly audio and video games. Got a number of successful stories behind me but still learning. Hope I can share my experience and gain some advise on this forum. Thank you.

Comment

Hi form Poland.
        My name is Tom, and I'm a retro/vintage computers and electrical measurement devices enthusiast and collector. I have a theoretical and practical background in electronics. Furthermore, I love to repair stuff.

Comment

Hello, very happy to have found the forum. Initially I had found a solution from a certain post on this site, until finally I decided to start adapting to everything here.

Hope to have fun here as well as learn more about computer electronics and sharpen my electronics skills.

Comment

hello guys, im from agentina, sorry but my english is a little rusty, electronics is always the future. always learning. Thaks to all!!!

Comment

Hi. Steve from Italy. Came here in this amazing place after a complex way.
              Saw Louis Rossmann show on Youtube about repairing a Mac. Then I saw he was using a marvelous tool FlexBV and wondering how he got the schematic of a Mac. After a while my Mac got serious problems about crappy new USB-C port. Some are charging, some are recognizing an adapter but not an external disk... so I decided to give it a try. And now I am here!!! Thank You for existing. I have found useful information about a topic that is obviously not covered officially. Best regards and thanks to all you!!
              Houseman

Comment

Hello everyone.

I'm John (little John more precisely) from Romania.
                I am a tinkerer in electronics and just about anything i can get my hands on.
                I'm also interested in too many things for my own good.
                I like to know what makes things tick.

Of course, that and everything else in life, leaves free time dangerously going to zero.

Comment

Hi Guys
                  My name is Lukas, I am running repair computer shop in Ierland.
                  Welcome everybody

Comment

Hello BadCaps Members,

just decided to join your forums. I found this place when I was searching for schematics for a GTX 1080ti with a shorted 12v rail.

Hope to have some fun here as well as learn more about computer electronics and sharpen my electronics skills.

Gr. Zefiros

Comment

Hello to all members of this wonderful community.
                      I found your forum looking for schematic of my broken Lenovo laptop. Hope I will be lucky to repair its USB ports, though it seems that all the lanes going straight to SoC.
                      Wish me luck as a newbie here )

Comment

My hello to everyone here

Comment

Hello, trying to find advice on a passion project which is fixing an older tv that is not being used so I hope I will be able to make a post about it soon.

Comment

Hi to everbody!
                            i like this forum, have a lot of stuff to learn.
                            im not so great with words, but i hope i can help someone with my stage of knowledge

Comment

Originally posted by KGaz View Post
                              Hi, I'm Gary from York, England. I got my degree in microelectronics many years ago from the University of Newcastle upon Tyne and have repaired many TVs & VCRs for friends & family over the years, also used to repair talking book machines for the RNIB. Hobby electronics & computer nutter. Stumbled across this site while trying to find info to repair my own faulty LG TV. How have I not seen it before?!
                              gary
                              Last edited by SMDFlea; 10-19-2022, 09:47 AM.

Comment

Hi

I got my degree in Civil engineering many years ago, but as I was very interested in electronic, I started working in this filed and have fifteen years of experience in Mobile repairing.

I hope will learn something new things about board repairing and share my experience here.

Comment

Hello.

I'm from Montreal, QC, Canada!

My full time job is aircraft mechanic, but I would like to start repairing laptops and such as a hobby on my days off!

Thanks

Comment

Hi to everyone I'm electronic engineer from Italy

Comment

Hi everyone,

nice to be around smart people.

I've been dealing with electronics since '93. Have worked in several electronics workshops and now working on my own for the last 9 years.

Hope we can help eachother.

Cheers.

Comment

Hi all,
                                        Just ghosting the forums checking out some of the interesting posts. I have a little electrical knowledge and like mostly audio and vinyl collecting, speaker building and upgrading, and watch and clock repair. Just tinkering all together. I have a current Yamaha receiver with a dim display, bad caps somewhere, which Im going to start a thread on. See if I can get it working at full brightness.
                                        Thanks and glad to be here.
                                        Jim

Comment

Good day! i am new in this forum. Hope we cope well here hehe.

btw i'm from Philippines. i am a self learner so i hope there's anyone who can help me learn a lot more

Comment

Working...
                                          X