• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello, I am very happy to join this forum

Comment

Hey every one my name is star,Im originally from new jersey but I reside in Austin I have 4 kids married and love to learn new things nice to meet everyone

I have a Dell Latitude 7400 Suffix (8FC8)
      Service tag:4LL82Z2-(8FC8)
      MFG YR:2019
      Express Service Code:10012568078

I'm not familiar with computers, mother, boards and etc like I see most of you guys. I recently purchased from a pawn shop and the device was working fine. I then decided to factory reset the device which brought me to the Bios Pw Screen. Of Course, I had no idea what the bios pw for the device was so in trying to get pass this I then found myself on the dell security manager pw screen which I see now doesn't allow me any access to the bios
      Can anyone please assist me with finding the Dell Security Manger Pw for my listed device pretty please and thank you so much.

Comment

hello
        I am an engineer retired now. I have been repairing computers (DEC pdp11, vax and Alpha).
        When I say repairing, I mean swapping parts rather than changing and troubleshooting at components level.
        However, If I do have some skills to diagnose a problem, I have no real experience on working at component level ... It is never too late to learn. Thanks to take me on board.

Comment

Hello!

I'm a tech enthusiast looking for learning new things and getting the maximum out of my devices.

I'm currently working on unlocking the restrictions in the BIOS (put in by Lenovo) from my laptop so I can configure everything the way I need for my projects.

Thanks for this website, and nice to meet you everyone!

Comment

Hello,

I am Swiss DR engineer, working on HDD, NAND and smartphone. I am here to learn more about motherboard repair.

Thanks
            Sam

Comment

Hi, I'm still learning about electronics myself, but I know which end of the soldering iron to hold!

I have an few old laptops I'm looking to fix, and want to see how it's done.

Comment

Hi, New to the forum

Comment

Hello, my name is Mateusz and I come from Poland, I got infected with the passion through the youtube channel and I see that this is one of the best forums on electronic topics, I would like to share my observations and experience with other forum users.

Comment

Hi forum!

Comment

Hi guys, this is Banane from Hamburg, Germany. As many others I came here via a youtube video you were linked in :-). Thanks for having me joined this great forum

Comment

Hello !
                        i'm glad to be here with you guys !

Comment

Hello all, I'm Alexander from Ukraine. I would like to ask a couple of questions. Thanks!

Comment

Hi everyone -- new forum member, long time electrical fiddler...but looking to step up my game a bit and learn more as I repair various electronics around the house. I look forward to endulging in the wisdoms here. Cheers.

Comment

my name is jeff

Comment

Hey All!
                                I'm Matt, I'm just getting into repairs and troubleshooting. I started out for personal uses on easier things like Nintendo Switches and have been slowly moving up from there. I put together a little lab formyself so most situations, I have what I need (budget items haha). I've been getting into areas where I get lost and am looking to learn as much as I can. I don't have a background in electronics except a robotics course I took in high school.I tend to be of the literal mindset so specific situations are how I learn. Unfortunately it's difficult for me to apply lessons to other situations that are not exactly the same.

I'm looking to get further in my capabilities. I'm decent with a hot air station and soldering iron and so far my microscope has done wonders for me. I'm moving into Laptop motherboards now and have some specific things I hope to collaborate with you all on! I'm really here to soak up as much as I can and try to apply it to my own uses and maybe eventually be knowledgable enough to do repairs for customers. I'm definitely not rushing to that though. So until then I'll be sinking my own money into broken devices for repair. Hope to speak with you all!

Comment

Hello

My name is Martin and I am interested in electronics. I am beginner.

Thank you

Comment

Hi all
                                    I just do my own stuff here an there
                                    thanks

Comment

Hello all

I am looking to flash my motherboard with a SPI Flash Programmer for the first time, any advice would be appreciated

Many thanks!

Comment

Hi all! My name is Jason, and I'm an EE and FW developer professionally. I've taken up appliance/device repair as a COVID community service project, while I have all my test/measurement equipment at home. This forum is a wealth of information, and I hope to be able to contribute.

Comment

His my name is Joe just getting back into some electronic stuff since retiring
                                          from "Marine radio and electronics" course at the poly back in 83!!
                                          I know got sidetracked by programming for to long.
                                          Can't wait to get started and read up on you guys experience and input..

Comment

Working...
                                          X