This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello, My name is Tom I am from Denver CO, my day job is mechanical engineering.
    I am new to this site just found it today. I have been recycling computers for the past 3 years. I have been working on and fixing them for about 26 years.

I just finished testing 76 power supplies and found this site looking at load testing rather than just testing.

Comment

I stumbled upon badcaps trying to cure an old LCD monitor. I'm hoping to revive it withthe help of the community advice, and expertise.

Comment

I'm new to flat panel video and am having a problem with a Dynex 32in. Hoping to get some input on the problem.

Comment

Very good to be here. I am tinkering with all the broken LCDs I have in the house and seem to enjoy it BUT I am by trade a mechanical technician. I have ran into my first I have no clue moment. I fixed a 22" a 19" changing the power supplies out but that did get boring. So I wish to learn more and this forum seems to fit like a glove so thank you badcaps! My first PC was off the shelf in 95, an IBM Aptiva and I bet I reformatted 10 times the 1st 6 months. Built my own PCs after that one. I am schooling myself on using a multimeter watching videos etc. so I admit to being very green in this hobby but I do seem to really like doing this for some reason. I appreciate the welcome to badcaps forum.

Comment

Good evening. Not much of a forum person due to lack of free time. This forum looks like a place I can keep some of my knowledars repairing knowledge level up. Probably won't many posts from me unless I am actually doing some repairs. Only perform about half a dozen repairs a year these days. Mainly for friends, family and co-workers.
            I do like to read up on the newer technologies that I have never been trained on (LCD's/LED's). I cut my teeth on tube theory....man I am telling my age.

Comment

Hi my real names John and I've been on this website for some time.
              I never joined till now.

I thought I'd learn on how to properly use a soldering iron.
              Also repaired a stereo 3.5mm lead to a mini jack plug.
              Tried to repair a mega drive front control port but black it out ( don't ask )

I will not try to repair motherboards, but I like to see how do you do it.
              This website is a got some good information on electronics, which you need with all the trouble parts they put in these days.
              http://www.hse.gov.uk/pubns/indg305.pdf

Comment

Hi everyone,my name is Christophe and i am french,I reapair many appliances since many years (Crt,Lcd,ect...) and it's with smyle to become a member of this great forum that me learn many things :-)

Sorry for my poor English

Comment

Hi Everyone,
                  Greetings from Italy. I am passionate about electronics.
                  Glad to be here.

Comment

Hello everyone, I bounced into this lovely forum while searching for repair tips of LG TV PDP42G1.
                    I am electronic technician involved in maintenance and repairing of electronic appliances since the last 15 years. I am looking forward , hoping to have fun here as well as to learn, share and widen my electronic skills in computer electronics and other electronic appliances repair in this forum.

Comment

Hi all,
                      I've visited your forum several times, I troubleshoots computer LCDs.
                      I finally decided to register.
                      First of all, I'm French, so please excuse me for my English translated with google.
                      I bring different solutions that I had for my repairs, and those that I will eventually, with photos.
                      If you agree of course.
                      I will read the forum as soon as I repaired my HP w2007P.
                      @ soon
                      MCINFO

Comment

Hi My Name is Rick Lewis, I live in Albion Indiana. I have been working on computers since the mid 80's. I am 60 years young. I built computers for local college students for free from parts left over from upgrades in the 1990's. I have recapped many motherboards but just started repairing flatscreen tv's.

Comment

Hi. I'm a BSEE from Mississippi State, I worked for Northrop Electronics for 13 years as a circuit designer for their Analog group. I was the responsible engineer for the platform stabilization and angle measurement subsystem used in the astro-inertial guidance system that was used in reconnaissance aircraft (U2, SR71, AWACS) and the B2B Stealth bomber. I was also the responsible engineer for the Attitude subsystem used in the inertial guidance system that was used in the PEACEKEEPER (MX) missile.

My mission (if I decided to accept it) was to protect the country from Communism by making war safer for civilians (Pin-pointing military targets and exacting the delivery of weapons of mass destruction to the same). "The stronger your resolve to defend the walls of your might kingdom - The more unbearable the anguish, to finally realize, it was in reality your prison". It's too late late - Communism is already taking control in the US.

Although televisions are no longer made in this country (due to crippling regulations, etc), that does not mean there cannot be a underground economy that thrives on repairing the crap that is sold to this country. The same is true for many other sweat shop abortions that are put in a pretty boxes and forced down the consumer's throat.

This forum has the potential to allow US consumers to fight back against globalism by keeping existing electronics working in this country and cutting the cash flow to off-shore monopolies. Sharing common problems with different brands and how to identify and fix the electronics is crucial. If you were a lawyer, it would be called "Case Law" - Why try a case that has already been tried?

Comment

big respects to everyone on the forum i am from Newcastle in the UK, newish to plasma repair as a learning hobby have fixed things like most consoles and LCD in the past
                            hoping to gain more knowledge

Comment

Hi Everyone,
                              My name is Syd and I live in the city of Hull in the UK. I retired in 2010 after 45 years in the electronics and computer industries.
                              I now enjoy a leisurely life flying model aeroplanes, PIC programming and manufacturing electronic gadgets for the other members of the model flying club.

There is a vast amount of information in this forum and I can only congratulate all the members who contributed to this. What a great forum.

Kind regards,

Syd.

Comment

Hey y'all, I found this forum in search of remedies for a Syncmaster computer monitor that flashed relentlessly like a strobe light at nightclub in Bulgaria. Ran across an easy fix by reflowing a chip and now I think I've hooked myself into a new hobby. I'm about to graduate with a BSME at NCSU and plan on heading straight back into the grind to work towards a masters in EE doing thesis work on applying new technologies to hybrid vehicles. Looking forward to corresponding more with everyone here. Thus far your past advice has taught me a lot.

Comment

Hi guys !! I am Don. I am retired from the Telecom and IT Industries where I was an SE and Technical Consultant for 37 years. I have a BSEE from Iowa State University - and love Guitars / Amps / and audio electronics. So - now that I am retired - I am revisiting my Electronics hobby - and am glad to have access to this forum !! Take Care !!

Comment

Hello, after years of throwing non-working motherboards into the scrap bin I thought it might be time to let you guys force a little knowhow into my thick head. Good luck

Dave

Comment

Hi! Guys. I am Boris, From Croatia. I am graphic designer and photographer. But computer and eletronics is my hoby.

Comment

Hi peeps . My name is Nigel live in the north east England. Been repairing televisions for many years now. From the old G8 upto the new Samsung D8000 series. Hoping to keep repairing many tv in the future. Not that there is much component level repairs these days. I hope i can be of help to some people in the near future and maybe you could help me out. ;-)

Comment

Hello....My name is T C Callaway..... Garland Texas..(USA)was looking for a solution to a laptop problem and ran across this forum. Might have found an answer....will post results in the link if it works for me.....I'm sure I will follow other threads for a while...

Comment

Working...
                                          X