This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

hello, my names Peter. auto mechanic 25ish yrs,fixed my first led tv, 32sony bravia,loose solder, hitachi 43fdx10b projection hdtv,(still using)convegence semi conductors,Maytag Neptune washer,(the class action law suit one),totally re-build...electronics ect.

Comment

hello, names Peter,auto mechnic 25ish yrs,fixed my first 32 sony bravia lcd,loose connections/solder,43fdx10b projection hdtv(still use) convergence semi conductors,
      Maytag neptune(the one with the class action suit)totally rebuilt...works like charm.
      ect...i have a Vizio vp422hdtv10a on operating table...hey were did everybody go??

Comment

Hello everyone,
        I´m from Germany, near Lake of Constance. Although I´m a machine engineer, my hobby is repairing all kind of things. Seems´to be a great forum here. Hope, that with your help the list of devices with bad caps repaired will grow proper.

Comment

Originally posted by dreiby View Post
          Hello everyone,
          I´m from Germany, near Lake of Constance. Although I´m a machine engineer, my hobby is repairing all kind of things. Seems´to be a great forum here. Hope, that with your help the list of devices with bad caps repaired will grow proper.
          Hello and welcome.
          I've been there at MTU facilities for 1 week, training purposes.
          Very beautiful place. Looks like you are on an island.

Comment

Need to learn about electronics. Right now I'm trying to fix a LG 42LC7D-UB and I need information.

Comment

Need to learn about electronics. Right now I'm trying to fix a LG 42LC7D-UB and I need information. I'm just trying to learn as much as I can before I retire permanently. I like working with electrical devices, and fixing things always give a sense of reward. But I don't know a whole lot as you all but I feel this is a good place to start.

Franck O

Comment

Greetings from Portugal.
                I'm a system administrator in one of the government's section and enthusiast for electronics.
                Have been "stalking" this forum for information (yes, I like to learn).

Today, I register so I can take some doubts out of my head.

PCManiac

Comment

Hi, my name is George. I have little electronic component experience but plenty of interest. I can "build" a computer given the working components, and am a fair trouble shooter in general. I am a computer programmer for a living, and used to be a trainer teaching Microsoft products, including a 5 day Windows 95 class, and advance programming classes for Excel and Access. I was even selected from a nationwide pool of hundreds of Access trainers to personally design and teach a 3 day course in Access to Jeff Raikes, the Executive Vice President of Microsoft. I swear it's true!

George Z.

Comment

hello, one more noob looking for informations...thank you everybody in advance...

Comment

Stefan here. Recently found badcaps.net while searching for replacement capacitors for my ASUS P5LD2. Got most of the caps from badcaps.net, and just finished a successful recapping job. I'll post in the appropriate forum with the details.

Comment

I would just like to take this opportunity to say Thanks to BadCaps for having this online Site that we can order parts needed.

And all the information that is available to us.

Congratulations BadCaps, May there be many more that joins and enjoys this Website and buy what they need.
                        Especially, No Limits on an Order!

Comment

hi! everyone.
                          im paul, im from philippines, base here in U.A.E. as a computer technician. i hope you can help me, and i hope i can help also others... thanks

Comment

Hello, I'm from southern California, been living here my whole life. I stumbled on this site when googling for a fix to my viewsonic monitor. It turned out to be a blown fuse and is now working. I took a career course this year and the tests results said that one of the careers that I would enjoy working is being an electrical/electronic technician. So this site will help me alot since I don't know much about fixing electronics.

Comment

Hello from Alaska! I have 2 Samsung LCD repairs under my belt now working on an LP2626 29 inch.

Great info here, glad I found it.

Comment

Hi I am TRINI, been in Electronics a long time, like fixing things, i will also welcome any hely this Forum will give.I am from Trinidad & Tobago

Comment

Hi I am TRINI, been in Electronics a long time, like fixing things, i will also welcome any hely this Forum will give.I am from Trinidad & Tobago

Comment

Hi, my name is Ed. I've got an Electrical Engineering degree and have experience with both hardware and software. I've always liked taking things apart to see what made them tick. When I was a kid it was mostly mechanical things, but electronics were more of a mystery & challenge so I gravitated to that in school. Of course, I'm the family repair man and IT guy - isn't everyone on this forum? I've moved around some over my career of nearly 30 years, but it's always been in the Midwest (USA) and I've been in Indianapolis, IN for the last 7 years. I'm glad to have found this forum and hope I can help others and learn some new things along the way.
                                    Cheers!

Comment

Hello All,

With classical bad timing I am joining this forum after having already (just recently) recaped my first TV - successfully.

Having done so I posted a bit of advice on another forum called DIYNOT intended for those repairing LG TV power supplies and I had a really bad experience. All I said was that I suggested that they use 105 degree 5000 hour caps from a supplier like Panasonic, Rubycon, Chemi-Con or similar.

WELL you'd think that I'd just suggested sacrificing first born given the monstering that I got from someone who said that the working temperature and endurance data were, and I quote here, 'meaningless' because that's what it says on a commercial recapping site that sells 'low ESR' caps.

Anyhow, I'm here learning - it's been a very long time since I studied capacitors.

Other things: first computer ICL 1903T in 1973. Couldn't get it in my bedroom so I kept it in a specially built building west of London.

Formerly an R&D manager with Sensormatic Electronics Corp and now a full time carer.

I do a bit of digital electronics where my programming skills compensate for a lack of proper electronics skill.

All the best to everyone.

Comment

Hello, another new guy here

Comment

Hi, I am Adam from Australia. Have been repairing electronics for about 5 years so relatively new to this. I am really hoping to find a lot of helpful info and guidance here. Have repaired 63 xbox 360, 2 plasmas, 12 lcd monitors and 6 lcd tvs and many computers.

Comment

Working...
                                          X