This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members -Hi very good post

Hello Im a new user and my english is bad, congratulation very good this post

Comment

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello.
      I am a new member. Joined 11 1 2012.
      I have 20 years experience in an IT repair and return. I have used this site in the past and look forward to contributing in the future.

Comment

) I'm new here..

Comment

Hi all,

I just joined up, and wanted to say hello. I'm a engineering R&D tech working for a mid-sized electronics company. I have over 10 years experience in component-level troubleshooting and repair, as well as design verification. But like anyone, I frequently run across things that absolutely baffle me. I look forward to contributing where possible, and gaining insight and knowledge from you good folks.

Thank you all in advance!

Comment

hello
            i am from taiwan.
            i am a repair technican of personal computer matherboard and i find this web site with google .
            information from this site is very cool.
            think everybody of their knowledge and distribution.

Comment

ciao !

sorry hi !

me tehzeeb from italy and i com e in electronics 1 years ago now i hav mini shop reparing laptop ecttt i i ilike ur forum and so many tips hope to enjoy here

Comment

Hey all, I'm a retro computer hardware enthusiast who will no doubt have to recap a board at some point. Thought it would be good to register before something of mine craps out because of bad caps.

Comment

Hi I joined to BADCAPS because I think is a good place for learning a bunch of things, ( and with a sense ofhumor). For my part I'll post any thing, well not any, that looks interesting for the BADCAP community.

Comment

new to this site, just thinking about possible recapping of old boards. i really have no background in tech, but i have built many rigs over the last 10 years. maybe that gives me enough knowledge to get me in trouble! nice site, hope to post soon.

Comment

I am a retired electronics tech and am now repairing various electronics in a home shop.
                      I have been repairing various electronics for over 40 years. I live in Dallas, Ga. on 12 acres that keep me busy with things other then repairing electronics. I am also in ham
                      radio and call is wd4luq.

Comment

Hello,
                        I'm new to this site. I found it doing a search about issues with my Vizio 50 HDTV20a.

I am a social worker who is tech addicted. I have minimal tech experience but I'm not afraid of trying to work on electronics myself. (especially since the TV's on the fritz!)

like bhouston I'm also a ham call is kd2arf

Comment

hello i am a novice computer nerd that has a nack for rescuing broken things

Comment

Hello all,

My name is Hun, a new member based in the UK. Like some before me, I came across this site while looking for advice on how to repair a faulty PC monitor (Acer AL2416W) and decided to join as I like how, irrespective of where the members are from, they all are so friendly, informative and helpful.

Being a novice I have always regarded electronic fault diagnosis as a black art, enviously impressed by the skilled practitioners who can miraculously bring life to the dead. It is something I like to learn much more of and am looking forward to starting the process with the repair of the aforementioned Acer monitor.

I am sure there will be many questions and beg your indulgence if they appear dumb. Thanking you all in advance for your kind and patient assistance.

Kind regards to all

Comment

Hello,
                              I came here because I need a hero. haha. Im from the UK, I enjoy fixing electronics and find it interesting.
                              Normally I'm repairing computers(software i.e windows), Laptops(broken jacks) games console and ipods etc. I learnt a great deal of info over the past couple of days from various sources when I was trying to diagnose a SMPS issue- Which then turn out fine, but now I know alot more.

Comment

Ciao a tutti, vivo a Roma e spero di trovare informazioni utili in questo forum. ;-)

Comment

hi everybody!
                                  reading some posts I'm feeling light years away from your knowledge but I' here because I think knowledge & experience grows mainly thanks to sharing of ideas ...
                                  I'm from Italy, Bergamo, I'm 44, working in industrial automation .
                                  I always try to fix everything before sentencing "throw away!!".
                                  Main problem is that the common answer when is facing a broken thing is: " it doesn't worth"...well, if I enjoy in "just" trying to fix it...it worth!!!
                                  have a great life ...and good job to all.
                                  go ahead like that...

Comment

Greetings Folks.

I've been having issues with bad electrolytic capacitors since about 1999 or so. The first motherboard that I replaced the caps on was a Pentium III board - and I've been replacing them on-and-off ever since.

My motivation in joining here was to get access to info about which caps are most likely to be bad (hopefully to save swapping out the wrong ones!) and also to share any info that I've garnered if it's not already here.

So.... Hi! My name is Shaun and I've been bitten by the capacitor plague.

Comment

Hi,

Found your site while searching for more info on bad caps after successfully repairing a Samsung monitor with a kit from eBay.

Thanks for all the great info!

Comment

Greetings,
                                        thank you for your efforts to keep this site up and running.
                                        It was a big help (and also fun) to browse the forum threads!

Comment

Hello all,
                                          My name Dimitris and I live in Greece
                                          I join this forum to expand my knowledge in electronics and have more friends around the world.
                                          Look forward to being a part of the community
                                          Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                          X