Thank you to the guys at HEGE supporting Badcaps [ HEGE ] [ HEGE DEX Chart ]

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

3300uF low-ESR caps suitable to PSUs in D10mm - may be possible!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 3300uF low-ESR caps suitable to PSUs in D10mm - may be possible!!

It occurs to me these have the same ripple as Nichicon HN but are probably oil-based electrolyte thus having 5times the life. Although double, still very good ESR, I guess I won't need many HZ's from Top Cat…
    Less jewellery, more gold into electrotech industry! Half of the computer problems is caused by bad contacts

Exclusive caps, meters and more!
    Hardware Insights - power supply reviews and more!

Comment

But they've got three times the ESR of Nichicon HZ (6.3V 3300uF 10x25 HZ is 0.0065). You could probably get away with it, but I wouldn't use them for that.

Are we doing a group order Behemot, or are you going to hog them all for yourself
      "We have offered them (the Arabs) a sensible way for so many years. But no, they wanted to fight. Fine! We gave them technology, the latest, the kind even Vietnam didn't have. They had double superiority in tanks and aircraft, triple in artillery, and in air defense and anti-tank weapons they had absolute supremacy. And what? Once again they were beaten. Once again they scrammed [sic]. Once again they screamed for us to come save them. Sadat woke me up in the middle of the night twice over the phone, 'Save me!' He demanded to send Soviet troops, and immediately! No! We are not going to fight for them."

-Leonid Brezhnev (On the Yom Kippur War)

Comment

It's by all means far better than anything which used to be on the input side of VRM's. As for the output, not that often HZ-quality caps were used, more like HN or even Rubycon MBZ. Also take how long it was working with bad caps…definitelly better than those, right

If there would be demand, I can try to negotiate something like 4700 uF/6,3 V cap in D10x40 next time, that would clearly be on par with 3300uF HZ.

I am waiting for NCC to calculate pricing, order quantity and all that but will probably use somebody in US as it is going through Digi-Key, located in US, there is no reason to send it here and than back to you. Any volunteers?
        Last edited by Behemot; 04-28-2014, 02:40 PM.
        Less jewellery, more gold into electrotech industry! Half of the computer problems is caused by bad contacts

Comment

Ah, you're talking about VRM high... Still, I would value ESR over capacitance for VRM high. Actually, I recently used some Nichicon HZ for the VRM high of a Foxconn G45A01. It was 16V 1800uF, 10x25, 0.0065 and 4140. To be fair, the originals were KZJ and only 16V 1200uF IIRC, and I also added an extra one to an unused spot. HZ would be better rated than the KZN for this application, except for the endurance rating... But all Ultra Low-ESR aqueous caps are only around 2,000 hours (And so are tantalums for that matter).

I'm in Canada, so Pentium4 would be a better candidate. Thanks for all your effort Behemot (I'd also like to buy some of those KYA 1500uF caps and some 5mm 47uF caps at the same time).
          "We have offered them (the Arabs) a sensible way for so many years. But no, they wanted to fight. Fine! We gave them technology, the latest, the kind even Vietnam didn't have. They had double superiority in tanks and aircraft, triple in artillery, and in air defense and anti-tank weapons they had absolute supremacy. And what? Once again they were beaten. Once again they scrammed [sic]. Once again they screamed for us to come save them. Sadat woke me up in the middle of the night twice over the phone, 'Save me!' He demanded to send Soviet troops, and immediately! No! We are not going to fight for them."

Comment

Awesome! I'll volunteer. I could use some of these custom caps. Just send me a PM of what I need to do

Comment

Behemot -

I just did a quick comparison of UCC KYA vs Sanyo/Suncon WX.

KYA is 0.046 and 1400 for 10x20mm, WX is 0.023 1820. Shouldn't they be the same, since I assume KYA is also aqueous electrolyte?

Comment

Not sure about the electrolyte - either highly advanced aqueous with so long life, or some aqueous/oil hybrid. Anyway, they cannot be the same. WX will soon be obsolete type, UCC KYA is the newest with 1500 uF at 16 V, 1000 uF at 25 V and 680 uF at 35 V while WX only has 1200, 820 and 470 uF.

They are different generations and the KYA is not the best NCC currently offers - it it the basic line, than there is KYB derived from KYA with even lower ESR (0,037/1650).

For the most demanding mockingbirds there is KZM with 0,020/1960 and KZN derived from KZM with 0,028/2500.

BTW, I have overlooked Panasonic, Nichicon and Rubycon distributors and actualy found a company which distributes all three in middle Europe. I am talking with them ATM but I will most likely be able to distribute most of the japanese manufacturers pretty soon. Stay tuned.
                Last edited by Behemot; 05-14-2014, 08:39 AM.

Comment

Yes, Panasonic also has everything besides the 16V 1500uF in 10x20mm with FR series.

Comment

Basic price for EKZN160ELL332MJ40S is 0,618c or 618 USD per 1000 pcs.

Comment

I'm in for 100 pieces. Are you making the order?

Comment

Waiting for ya guys…

Comment

in for 100

Comment

Well, not that much guys, not that much…I use or sell 100 Samxons RS each month What about taking 2000, that would hopefully be cheaper, and there would be 200 for each of ya?

Would also be cool if somebody else contributed…where's mariushm, ratdude, SIDMX when you need them?

Comment

At the moment I don't repair as much stuff as I used to, so unfortunately it makes no financial sense for me to buy big quantities.
                              Maybe when I empty more of my current "stock".

Comment

I could do 200

Comment

200 is too rich for me... That's $120+ and shipping... I'm not Rothschild. Maybe Topcat is interested, if his wife will let him.

Comment

Originally posted by mariushm View Post
                                    At the moment I don't repair as much stuff as I used to, so unfortunately it makes no financial sense for me to buy big quantities.
                                    Maybe when I empty more of my current "stock".
                                    100 pcs is no big quantity

Comment

I'm here! ...coming late to the party (like always)
                                      Ok, so $0.618 each mmm I don't really need more than 100 pieces but just to support the cause count me in for 200 pieces, oh and by the way thank you for the RS's Behemot, they have been very useful.

Comment

UW SIDMX

Cool so we have 600 pcs so far and Topcat maybe. I think I will place the order for 2000 pcs than and we will see the price. Maybe more ppl would add later, the manufacturing time is aprox. 4 months after all so enough time for everybody to save for it

I'll drop PM to Pentium4.

Comment

Originally posted by mockingbird View Post
                                          I'd also like to buy some of those KYA 1500uF caps and some 5mm 47uF caps at the same time).
                                          SIDMX is doing some order at the moment so you may want to take some caps with him, I think he can post them to you from US. I have all those caps here in Czech republic already while those KZN will be delivered to US in aprox. 4 months. So there is no connection between my current caps and those KZN through Digi-Key

Comment

Working...
                                          X