Thank you to the guys at HEGE supporting Badcaps [ HEGE ] [ HEGE DEX Chart ]

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

3300uF low-ESR caps suitable to PSUs in D10mm - may be possible!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 3300uF low-ESR caps suitable to PSUs in D10mm - may be possible!!

Well I will be ordering in the coming days but that will be through Mouser in MX and I'm sure it makes no economic sense sending caps from MX to CA/US, since postal service here sucks sometimes (and I don't want your caps magically disappear before even cross the border) so it has to be done using brand couriers like Fedex or UPS and that will add easily 25-35 USD to the cost, there is however a possibility that I can put them at US's border (TX) in a customs office and post them from there, it should be waaay cheaper, but this will take up to 1 month because the trip to the border needs to be economically justified so that doesn't add cost for you, unfortunately this is the best that I could do, so if you are interested let me know.
    Last edited by SIDMX; 05-24-2014, 04:20 PM.

Comment

Ah you are in Mexico, OK than it is probably better for mockingbird if I just send it by airmail from here…
      Less jewellery, more gold into electrotech industry! Half of the computer problems is caused by bad contacts

Exclusive caps, meters and more!
      Hardware Insights - power supply reviews and more!

Comment

Thanks for remembering me Behemot . Still interested in those 35V 47uF KZM 5mm caps and the 16V 1500uF 10x20 KYA caps, but I'm only interested in about 60 pieces of KYA and 100 pieces of KZM so the question is will it be worthwhile for me considering the price of shipping. If it was part of the order of KZN then yes. What do you think?
        "We have offered them (the Arabs) a sensible way for so many years. But no, they wanted to fight. Fine! We gave them technology, the latest, the kind even Vietnam didn't have. They had double superiority in tanks and aircraft, triple in artillery, and in air defense and anti-tank weapons they had absolute supremacy. And what? Once again they were beaten. Once again they scrammed [sic]. Once again they screamed for us to come save them. Sadat woke me up in the middle of the night twice over the phone, 'Save me!' He demanded to send Soviet troops, and immediately! No! We are not going to fight for them."

-Leonid Brezhnev (On the Yom Kippur War)

Comment

I'm very willing to have them shipped to my address. Anything else I can do to help, I will. I love that Behemot is doing this! He's doing all the heavy lifting

Comment

Originally posted by mockingbird View Post
            Thanks for remembering me Behemot . Still interested in those 35V 47uF KZM 5mm caps and the 16V 1500uF 10x20 KYA caps, but I'm only interested in about 60 pieces of KYA and 100 pieces of KZM so the question is will it be worthwhile for me considering the price of shipping. If it was part of the order of KZN then yes. What do you think?
            As I said, those KZN won't be shipped from CZ, it will be shipped from Japan to Digi-Key, from Digi-Key to Pentium4 and from him to you, me and others. That's the other way than you need it.

Caps would be 528,8 CZK while shipping 190 CZK (expedited airmail), that's less than 40 CAD alltogether, so I think that is no tragedy. I send a package of 10-30 Samxons RS through eBay every two weeks or so

ADD// seems they tried to send e-mails to my Jabber address so that explains why I did not get any message but from Digi-Key product manager I should be contacted after US holidays so I can order the caps than.
            Last edited by Behemot; 05-25-2014, 04:50 AM.
            Less jewellery, more gold into electrotech industry! Half of the computer problems is caused by bad contacts

Comment

The shipping just kills it Behemot... I'll hold off on the KYA caps for now... Sorry about that.
              "We have offered them (the Arabs) a sensible way for so many years. But no, they wanted to fight. Fine! We gave them technology, the latest, the kind even Vietnam didn't have. They had double superiority in tanks and aircraft, triple in artillery, and in air defense and anti-tank weapons they had absolute supremacy. And what? Once again they were beaten. Once again they scrammed [sic]. Once again they screamed for us to come save them. Sadat woke me up in the middle of the night twice over the phone, 'Save me!' He demanded to send Soviet troops, and immediately! No! We are not going to fight for them."

Comment

I've sent e-mail to quotes@ directly as nobody contacted me so far, not even after using online chat when they told me the'll hang my message over to them, not after product manager promissing several times they will.

If nothing happenes, I'll probably need Pentium4 to phone there, I somewhat tend not to make overseas calls if possible…

Comment

Ok, finally some movement. But I just learned that as they quoted 35mm variant, the 40mm is more expensive, 0.7605 USD a piece and there is no discount on 2000 pieces. So as long as nobody else does not want any, I'll place order for 1000 pcs.

mockingbird, any luck with Topcat? Or he has problem me doing it rather than him?

Comment

I'm going to send him a message now... You're talking about 0.7605 for the 40mm, correct? I think we should go for the 40mm, it's definitely worth the price premium.

Comment

you need 2000 minimum for this order, is that correct? What is it up to now? I'd take a few.
                      <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Motherboard Repair Services

----------------------------------------------
                      Badcaps.net Forum Members Folding Team
                      http://folding.stanford.edu/
                      Team : 49813
                      Join in!!
                      Team Stats

Comment

MOQ is 1000 pieces (I asked for 2000 hoping there would be some discount…there is not any) but the price is quite high, that makes 760,5 USD for the package. ATM it is 400 pcs for the folks here and 600 for me.

Comment

They are out of their mind or what in Digi-Key, they want some crazy things from me. It really is police state there in US or what? I'll try to order it through my distributor in Europe, there is possibility it will go OK as long as I have the specifications from NCC. I also bet it would be far cheaper than through Digi-Key.

Comment

Not to undermine your efforts or sound the least bit unappreciative, but I sent Samxon an inquiry into Samxon GT just for the heck of it. I want to see what they tell me their min. quantity is and how much they charge per piece.

Comment

In D10x40 mm that would probably be aprox. 3000 pieces but I am sure the ESR will be higher and ripple current lower.

Comment

Would it be insolent of me to suggest that you might consider Nichicon? Something like HC/HD/HV/HW series? I've observed that Nichicon is usually the most inexpensive.

Comment

I have no reliable contact for Nichicon and they also have higher MOQ than even Samxon. That is why they are somewhat cheap, you have to take big box even though than it is cheaper. As for KZN, it is ready to be ordered and manufactured, just that they are crazy in Digi-Key. Not only they want me to pay over 700 USD now and than wait four months (!!) for something but they want address of each of you, exact purpose each of you will use it for, the same for everybody else who will use it and on top phone number for Pentium4 and some other stuff. They can go to hell with this, there was never anything like this when I took goods from them before.
                                  Last edited by Behemot; 06-26-2014, 03:33 PM.

Comment

Ok, thanks for the info. I will try and find a contact for Nichicon and see if they can do 1000 pieces. UCC seems to me like they don't need the business. Perhaps a different company will be more grateful to you.

Digikey's cut must be something like half. They're insanely overpriced. That's what happens when you have to run a corporation in Amerika.

Comment

Originally posted by Topcat View Post
                                      you need 2000 minimum for this order, is that correct? What is it up to now? I'd take a few.
                                      Nice to see you're in TC.
                                      Originally posted by Behemot View Post
                                      ...they want address of each of you, exact purpose each of you will use it for, the same for everybody else who will use it and on top phone number for Pentium4 and some other stuff...
                                      Why the paranoia?? They must be thinking we discover a way to make bombs using caps
                                      Originally posted by mockingbird View Post
                                      ...UCC seems to me like they don't need the business...
                                      QFT ...but still, we can't get anything like this from any distributor so IMHO they still worth it's price.

Comment

I've asked my distributor, sinc the specs are on the table and they told DK the price, they must be ready to take order. Don't think it matters so much who orders than…

Rubycon is not way to go, at least not through CODICO. Been told they are not willing to do anything custom and also MOQs are high.

But I will be ordering YXF 33 uF/50 V D5 caps, nobody else does 50 V in D5.

Comment

The world has been saved. Fuck Digi-Key, I am taking it through my distributor in Czech Republic. Here's complete datasheet, pricing will be in a week or so. In aprox. four months, I will be sending it from my shop to whoever will want them.
                                          Attached Files
                                          Last edited by Behemot; 07-11-2014, 04:32 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                          X