Samsung BN44-00214A PSU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung BN44-00214A PSU

Hi, The psu on our Samsung LE26 television decided to blow a link & the fuse.
    After scanning t'Internet, I found quite a few comments, including on here, about know faults & repairs on the board.

I've replaced the two links & resoldered many dry joints and have now decided to remove all the mounting support paste that has been applied to a few components, along with replacing some of the ceramic safety capacitors & a blown mosfet.

I've managed to locate suppliers for all these components bar one.

Its a ceramic safety capacitor, made by SHM, a Chinese supplier. Unfortunately I cannot find an equivalent & the SHM website data is all in Chinese!

Could somebody more knowledgeable on here let me know the values of this component? Info printed on it are SHM, X1400, Y1250, B471K. I've found some charts with similar values but they are listed at 250V & this component is in part of the circuit that operates upto 400V.

Thanks for any help.
    Last edited by Sussexhandyman; 03-17-2022, 07:43 AM. Reason: spelling

Re: Samsung BN44-00214A PSU

If its just that one little ceramic cap and it isn't bad, I wouldn't worry too much about it, they are pretty reliable. I would just leave it in. The electrolytics are the ones that go bad usually long before the rest. If you are replacing all that other stuff you mention, you should be good to go for quite a while on that board, I would think.

Comment

Thanks for responding.
      I wanted to replace that capacitor as it was coated with the support adhesive & it was very close to the two link wires that burnt out. For what it costs, I think it would be prudent to replace it & I need to remove it to clean out the adhesive that was used on it, much of which has also stuck on the board. Space is very limited to do this cleaning.
      Any idea what the rating is likely to be?

Comment

Should have done a search on the forum as its turned up the schematics for the PSU board & lo and behold, there was the info I needed to replace the small blue cap at CM810. Its listed as 1KV, 2.2nF.
        Can now order my list of replacement parts, desolder all the suspect components & clean off all the c**p used to support them. Will let you know how it goes & if it works again.

Comment

Working...
        X