Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grundig 55 GUB 8860 - bad T-Con or bad panel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diah
    replied
    Re: Grundig 55 GUB 8860 - bad T-Con or bad panel?

Originally posted by Ierwin View Post
    according to the small sticker on the back I think I have a 55C46 Panel. At least that is the number that comes closest to the filenames in the zip.
    But no file for that in the zip
    the panel ID you can find ir at other small sticker at the middle top of the chassis where written on it GRUNDIG

Leave a comment:

• Diah
    replied

both the firmware you downgrade and update didnt have panel.bin at panel & key folders so it mean the process will write the firmware with out touching the sector of panel data on eeprom. howver when it flashed the firmware it will reset the eeprom so the panel data will remain.

did you try to press the menu ? did some things apear on screen... did the backlight lit more high when you press menu ???

Leave a comment:

• Ierwin
    replied

In the Service Manual is says:
    Updating panel file
    Inside of the BIN_FILES folder must appear
    as below. Select the appropriate panel file
    from O2_PANELLER.rar in the WEB folder.
    Copy the file in the panel file folder and
    paste it into the Keys folder.

So if you actually have access to that "WEB folder" that would be the file to look for

Leave a comment:

• Ierwin
    replied

according to the small sticker on the back I think I have a 55C46 Panel. At least that is the number that comes closest to the filenames in the zip.
    But no file for that in the zip
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Ierwin
    replied

thank you so much!
    But how do I find the panel type? I was hoping it was on one of the bar codes but havent found a mathcing number yet

Leave a comment:

• Diah
    replied

It also says in the manual to update the panel.bin and there ist a description how this file has to be placed inside a folder on the USB stick.
    I do not have a panel file and all the directories in BIN_FILES are empty
    Arçelik_Beko_Grundig_Released_Panel_Files
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Diah; 01-24-2022, 05:17 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Ierwin
    replied

It also says in the manual to update the panel.bin and there ist a description how this file has to be placed inside a folder on the USB stick.
    I do not have a panel file and all the directories in BIN_FILES are empty

Leave a comment:

• Ierwin
    replied

So since I have 12V on the TCon Fuse the next step would be to check "L402" and "Tcon_On". I dont know where those are

Leave a comment:

• Diah
    replied

yours chassis servive manual..read page 112
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Diah
    replied

do it the way you worked on the last firmware.. when you have saw what you saw before go to access the panel buffer boards... show here clear photo on both side

Leave a comment:

• Ierwin
    replied

I have an update but at the moment it is not a good one:
    I did some trial and error with various USB sticks and SW versions, pressing buttons, pluggin in, plugging out, never got anything on the screen.

I found out that pressing the "+" Button while plugging in with the USB stick in USB1 caused the TV to do "something". It briefly turned on the backlight, like it was starting and then shut off (all within 5 Seconds or so).

I figured maybe (I know you doubted that, but MAYBE) the T-con IS broken. So I unplugged the left ribbon again and performed the update procedure.
    For a very short moment, not more than a second the large white letters and the progress bar of the software update screen were visible on one half of the screen.
    It was really just a short flash, I only know it was the update screen, because I recognized it from some of the PDF guides.

I powered the set up once more with the ribbon disconnected and got to the menu again on half the screen. I am not 100% sure but I think the menu looked different from before. It had colorful Icons of Netflix or YouTube that I do not recall heaving seen during my cooling spray tests.

I connected the ribbon again and tried to install the old firmware.

And ever since then it has gotten worse.
    I am not getting any picture at all now. Not even with the ribbon disconnected.
    When I start the set and push the menu button on the remote the backlight gets brighter but nothng is visible on the screen

Leave a comment:

• Diah
    replied

then press P+ keep hold while you plug in wall.
    you can use this page to inter the bar code No then download old and new version from the mother brand of this TV

Leave a comment:

• Ierwin
    replied

Okay, that sounds like its worth a try.
    Also the links you posted really make it seem like the mos common issue with these sets are software related.

You are right about the chassis btw, it is an O2 according to the sticker on the back.

First attempt at flashing did not work but there is still plenty of room for error so i might have more reading to do in the pages you linked. For example my board has two USB slots, one labeled "USB1" on the side, the other on the bottom is not labeled. Im also not sure wich button to press and might even have to try a couple USB sticks.
    You say to press the "Joystick" and so do some of the guides I found. My TV only has 4 regular buttons on the MB labeled "+", "V/P", "-" and the power/Standby sign. Unfortunately the PDF I found on your link named "NT O2 O3 O4 O5 Anleitung.PDF" only describes how to update by usb in the menu.
    Anyway, this gives me a direction to work on
    Last edited by Ierwin; 01-22-2022, 04:43 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Diah
    replied

Uhm...maybe I should clarify that the FireTV logo that can be seen on the photos does NOT come from the TV but from a TV stick I used as HDMI Input.
    So just in case this may have caused confusion. I didn't realize it might have caused a misunderstanding until now.
    So the TV seems to boot up perfectly fine, reacts to the remote control and so on.
    Earlier when I did the tests with cooling spray I didn't even use the TV stick and instead opened the menu to have something on the display to test with.
    as i wrote before i don't think its fault at panel or t-con. Grundig/Beko/Arcelik Firmware are rubbish easy glitch happen by panel.bin specially if some one log in service menu and try to change values from customers to factory.

so far seem you are far from using service port on TV to tracing fault. so the easy way to write complete firmware again so the set will deal if there part of panel firmware or pfeg. etc

in case yours MB chassis O2 as i think. you need to double check.. download the last actual firmware for chassis O2.
    you need USB stick formatted with FAT32 MBR mode, put the file name Target_G10 on the directory of the USB, insert the stick at any USB port V2 not 3 (blue color ) on the back of the TV press the joystick and hold it press then plug it on wall. release after you can see updating screen.

you can also downgrade the firmware.. go here and look after your chSSIS OLD VERSION
    Last edited by Diah; 01-22-2022, 03:18 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Ierwin
    replied

Uhm...maybe I should clarify that the FireTV logo that can be seen on the photos does NOT come from the TV but from a TV stick I used as HDMI Input.
    So just in case this may have caused confusion. I didn't realize it might have caused a misunderstanding until now.
    So the TV seems to boot up perfectly fine, reacts to the remote control and so on.
    Earlier when I did the tests with cooling spray I didn't even use the TV stick and instead opened the menu to have something on the display to test with.

Leave a comment:

• Ierwin
    replied

I didn't check any voltages at all yet, but will defined do.
    Never heard about using s terminal program with a TV.
    Im working in IT (although a different field) so that's a part of TV repair I am really curious to learn about.
    Will do some research later and get back with more questions or new knowledge

Leave a comment:

• Diah
    replied

When both Cables are connected to the T-con the screen just stays black with the backlight lit. The oly way I can get any picture at all is disconnecting left ribbon
    doesn't matter if the screen stay black.. you need to find the issue so let it. feed it with HDMI it will switch automatically to the port so u can hear the sound.

did you check on the socket either PCB or MB the 12V. if it dropping down. if its okay in the range..
    then you need to capture the boot log with TeraTerm so we will know whats going on

Leave a comment:

• nomoresonys
    replied

Could be panel, I would try the "tape cutoff" method, can put it in the search to see threads/posts.

Leave a comment:

• Ierwin
    replied

When both Cables are connected to the T-con the screen just stays black with the backlight lit. The oly way I can get any picture at all is disconnecting left ribbon

Leave a comment:

• Diah
    replied

By cooling the MB I was able to get the picture to come back.
    This seems to work best right after the TV is plugged in, so I found it dificult to tell what area of the MB reacts to the cooling.
    first of all, clean yours MB from all dust. also take it out and clean it from the back side-
    second don't disconnect any cable of ribbon. keep the panel connect to t-con as it should.
    then on main boards just unplug the speaker and the wifi module if exist..
    turn on and while its on change source to any of HDMI and feed it with signal ( the purpose of this to check if the Firmware cause this trouble and remove more loud from the MB ) show me the result. and if you can record the issue to see how the fade its start.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X