Samsung UN75NU8000FXZA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung UN75NU8000FXZA

I have an odd vertical bar on this TV. It is about 4 inches wide and flickers. It's grey but transparent. Checked/cleaned connections on the main board. Also I don't see any visible cracked solders nor anything that appears faulty. Honestly, everything looks brand new. TV is 3 years old. Has anyone seen this and know how to repair it? Attached is an image. It is on the right side of the image. Thanks!
    Attached Files

Re: Samsung UN75NU8000FXZA

You've cleaned, reseated lvds cables?
    I assume no responsibility for any stupid suggestions I might post.

Comment

No suggestions are stupid. I'm feeling like it may be something stupid that i'm missing. Yes, I've cleaned all of the cable connections. I've seen vertical colored lines in the past, but this is something different.

Comment

Vertical bands are caused by bad connections or failed chip on film (COF) on the flex cables at the bottom of the TV. If you ripped it completely off, it would cause a solid dark or light band in the section it is driving. Sometimes caused by liquids seeping into the bottom. There is damage to the one second from the right at the bottom. Considered a damaged panel and not repairable.

Comment

Wow good information. It does make sense. That bar on the screen is centered on the second flex cable. Shame it is not repairable.

Comment

It's worth inspecting, it's not a dead COF as there is still picture behind the grey. It could just be a shorted capacitor.

Comment

If it’s a bad connection to the buffer boards it can be repaired sometimes. However if the bad connection is on the lcd panel itself that’s not repairable.

Comment

I will search and try to locate a bad connection or capacitor. Any advice on where I should be looking? I am attaching an image of the main board.
                Last edited by Viz Media; 12-15-2021, 07:12 AM. Reason: Attaching image

Comment

Main board
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Viz Media; 12-15-2021, 07:16 AM. Reason: Attaching image

Comment

Working...
                  X