X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll definitely try.

Thank you

Comment

Lotas. The Godfather of eeprom! They will build statues of the great man outside the office of Badcaps!

If I ever need your help I will be sure to buy you some vodka! Stolinchaya!

Comment

Hi Lotas
        Please upgrade this file for UE55MU6172
        Thank you very much Vendak
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by vendak View Post
          Hi Lotas
          Please upgrade this file for UE55MU6172
          Thank you very much Vendak
          Your dump is working.

Comment

Thank you .
            MB is bad.

Comment

Originally posted by lotas View Post
              Replace the chip (25Q40) with a new one.
              New, reprogrammed EPROM, same result. LED on, accepts commands from the remote control but black screen and no backlight.
              MB is faulty.
              Do you know if I can mount other MB on that tv ?

Thanks anyway for everything.

Comment

Originally posted by toptib View Post

Do you know if I can mount other MB on that tv ?
                If the panel is 100% working, then you can install another motherboard (and hope that the motherboard will also work).

Comment

If the panel is 100% working, then you can install another motherboard (and hope that the motherboard will also work).
                  Thank you for your time

Comment

Hi Iotas

I wonder if you could help me with a Samsung UE49MU6400U that I think has corrupted the firmware (attached - looks to have lost data at the start of the dump). Symptoms are that the set has no standby light but the PSU is in standby.

Your kind help would be gratefully appreciated.

Thank you.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Sparkitecht View Post
                      Hi Iotas

I wonder if you could help me with a Samsung UE49MU6400U that I think has corrupted the firmware (attached - looks to have lost data at the start of the dump). Symptoms are that the set has no standby light but the PSU is in standby.

Your kind help would be gratefully appreciated.

Thank you.
                      Try.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Thank you so much Iotas - it worked. I am very grateful for your help with this.

I was unable to set the QE bit via AsProgrammer with a CH341 Pro that I bought today. Thankfully I had an older programmer but had to read the IC datasheet to work out the BPx protection areas as it used a different terminology (upper 1/4). I power cycled the TV a few times and it still works!

Thanks again - you have saved a TV from thrown out.

Comment

Ok. I should have tried it with the "NeoProgrammer" program for CH341A.

Comment

Ok. I should have tried it with the "NeoProgrammer" program for CH341A.
                            I will give NeoProgrammer a try should I need to do this again.

I noticed that pins 3 and 7 (WP and /HOLD) are tied directly to 3.3V on my CH341 Pro which is not recommended according to the extract from the datasheet below.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	72
Size:	29.5 KB
ID:	3251364
                            Thanks again for your kind help!

Comment

Yes, this programmer needs improvement, if it is black, then two improvements.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Yes, this programmer needs improvement, if it is black, then two improvements.
                                Thanks Iotas. It seems I have a CH341 “pro” with a CH341B IC that looks the same as the normal black programmer but with a different board layout from yours. It too is putting out 5V on the data lines. I'm surprised that this has not been designed out in newer programmers. I'll need to remove the ZIF socket to see where the traces go on mine as they are very different.

Comment

Mod 3.3V
                                  Attached Files

Comment

Mod 3.3V
                                    Thank you Iotas. I will make that mod. The CH341 datasheet says to connect pin 9 to VCC (3V) when it's set to 3volts so I will give that a go. Thanks again for your kind assistance.
                                    Attached Files

Comment

Hi Lotas. Thank you for the valuable support you provide.
                                      I have the same problem with my Samsung UE40MU6400UXTZ.
                                      Unfortunately, I lost the original DUMP.
                                      I purchased a new W25Q40CL, can you help me in any way?
                                      My programmer is CH341A.

Comment

Originally posted by Salvocchio View Post
                                        Hi Lotas. Thank you for the valuable support you provide.
                                        I have the same problem with my Samsung UE40MU6400UXTZ.
                                        Unfortunately, I lost the original DUMP.
                                        I purchased a new W25Q40CL, can you help me in any way?
                                        My programmer is CH341A.
                                        Hi, well, without the original dump, how can I help you, the only option is to select one for your software version, in this thread I posted a lot of corrected dumps, select one (make some kind of adapter, so as not to unsolder and solder each time to check)
                                        Let me add that the diagonal is not important here, it can be any number, and any four-digit number will also work, that is, look for any dump Ux xxMUxxxx.
                                        Last edited by lotas; 04-13-2024, 11:59 AM.

Comment

Thank you. i'll try

Comment

Working...
                                          X