Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Samsung UE40J5200AW red channel issues where luminosity changes (I believe)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Samsung UE40J5200AW red channel issues where luminosity changes (I believe)

R5_Gain is bad, change to 524. Hopefully this is the fix.
    Could be a bit flip in EEPROM. If it's stuck, may need to change EEPROM.
    Last edited by alfatv; 06-14-2021, 07:22 PM.

Comment

First search for the option LVDS type and change to the otber values, if not ok change every type in option menu..
      ** Is there in the world a website where to make petitions? With the economical and environment situation musf be mandatory for manufacturerz to provide for free serv manual w/ schematics **
      (instead for the moment avoid absolutely to buy brands like Samsumg that prevents any service operation on their devices..

Comment

Thank you so much alfatv, colour problem fixed
        I do wonder, how did it end up like that from normal use? Like... so weird.

I did try changing LVDS type before the R5_GAIN, Davi.p, the menu went all kinds of wrong colour wise, and after changing R5, I'd say it's safe to say that was the issue. Thanks anyways for your input.

Though I might've noticed one new issue, I'll confirm later (might just be the quality of the TV itself it is from a few years ago, even if not that many). For now, colour issue is fixed and looks perfectly nice to watch TV from bed.

P.S.: I might've taken 2 days to answer because silly me might've not noticed that we reached enough replies to have a second page in this thread. Sorry
        Attached Files

Comment

There is no second issue, it's just a combination of:
          1. when looking at a 40" screen from just about arms length, you notice imperfections easier (like YT not knowing how to deal with a black and bumpy surface or the low quality of some TV programs and ads) and
          2. the "Sharpness" option of the TV and the image of my laptop don't go along well. The more I increase it, the more the colours at the edges of some things (like the mouse pointer) "bleed" into each other, I just keep it a 0 now.

Thank you so much alfatv, Davi.P and ReeceyBurger123 for helping out.
          Special thanks to alfatv for noticing the issue with "R5_Gain".

P.S. the speakers that come with this TV are decent, but I have another, newer TV with a busted screen which I doubt I'll find a screen replacement; and I was thinking of taking its speakers and using them for this one. Where should I open a thread for this should I find the need? At "General Computer & Tech Discussion"?

Comment

Working...
          X