LG 42LN5100 no backlights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: LG 42LN5100 no backlights

If you replace the led strip remember to turn down the backlight since the leds are often overdriven at 100% which drastically reduces their life span.
    Willing to help but I'm no expert.

Comment

What i m in the process of doing is every tv whose panel i open up to work on i take notes of the LED strips (Stripe model number) and LED size and bias voltage. I also write down the bias voltage for entire LED string. Then if i pick up a problem i already know what the led bias voltage should be without having to open up the panel to find shorted LED's> This saves time on the long run. Also when quoting on a tv whose backlights are faulty i don't have to open up to get an idea of the led strip type. I can quote directly.

Comment

Originally posted by angelos View Post
        What i m in the process of doing is every tv whose panel i open up to work on i take notes of the LED strips (Stripe model number) and LED size and bias voltage. I also write down the bias voltage for entire LED string. Then if i pick up a problem i already know what the led bias voltage should be without having to open up the panel to find shorted LED's> This saves time on the long run. Also when quoting on a tv whose backlights are faulty i don't have to open up to get an idea of the led strip type. I can quote directly.
        That could be a useful sticky.
        Willing to help but I'm no expert.

Comment

Working...
        X