Clear All

Re: Sony KDL-70W850B T-CON problem

I did install and did same thing with original board

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

how many days / weeks your TV worked after you replace the mainboards ???

Comment

Maybe check for bad solder joints on that connector there.

Comment

Try unplug tv from power, unhook cable from powerboard to mainboard, leave unhooked, plug power cord back into powerboard, do backlights come on or do you get test patterns or anything?

Comment

Tv worked like a week before changin the main..but the tv ws doing a no normal working turn on on the first try and working fine once is turn off and wanted to turn back on it wont work just green and orange ligth...so now i change the main i got it to work, but now no backligth i can see the image with flash ligth.

Comment

Originally posted by hmendez86 View Post
                Tv worked like a week before changin the main..but the tv ws doing a no normal working turn on on the first try and working fine once is turn off and wanted to turn back on it wont work just green and orange ligth...so now i change the main i got it to work, but now no backligth i can see the image with flash ligth.
                did you tested the fuse F2001 on the back light inverter boards... tell what voltage you have on it

Comment

Last edited by nomoresonys; 01-28-2021, 05:36 PM.

Comment

And check the voltage between the legs of your main filter caps, be careful HIGH VOLTAGE.

Comment

Not sure I follow, so the new mainboard never worked? If so you may have bought a bad one, see if your getting the bl-on and ps-on signals.

Comment

Yes its working i tougth it wasnt working i find out when i did the update thats when i realize it was good....

Comment

On the fuse on the inverter is good both ways i get 41.5v..i dont know it thats to high or to low.

Comment

The tv off the big cap 167.5v....tv on 391.5v....
                            Last edited by hmendez86; 01-28-2021, 09:44 PM.

Comment

On the fuse on the inverter is good both ways i get 41.5v..i dont know it thats to high or to low.
                              ok... try now ( wake up mainboards action to the backlight section ) :

with flash light control yours sony... open the menu setting and bring the backlight setting down to 1/3 ( if the high level 100 set it to 30 , if the high 50 set it to 20 ) then exit the menu plug the TV out from wall socket ( dont turn off with remote )....... leave it around 30 minutes off then plug it back to wall socket.

Comment

So you could not update the original mainboard, just like you did with the new one?

Comment

Is this with new mainboard or original??

Comment

This is the new main board

Comment

Could update the original it shuts off about 10 after being turn on and then gives me green orange ligth and stays like that..

Comment

Ok, did you try Diah's suggestion in post #34? I think it was to see if tv stayed on longer. You can try this reset: With tv on, hold down the up button on remote, press power on tv button board, tv should turn off then back on, when it turns back on release the buttons, see if tv works any different, try it with the new board, then maybe the old one too.
                                        Last edited by nomoresonys; 01-29-2021, 10:53 AM.

Comment

Might need to do some testing on the led driver board but orange and green is usually a software issue as in needing an update/pairing.
                                          Last edited by nomoresonys; 01-29-2021, 11:02 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                          X