Bad driver(s)? Sharp LED TV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bad driver(s)? Sharp LED TV

btw. from what I've read about the P8404 connector is that it's a specific power source for 3d. The 12v for the Tcon such run through the LVDS..

Yeah they saved precies pennies avoiding printing on these boards...

Comment

Originally posted by scuby View Post
      Ok. Once the kids are in bed I'll check the LVDS for breaks/continuity.

I'm as sure as I can be that I'm seating that cable correctly. Also since removing it and reseating it the symptoms are all the same as before I touched it.
      but I am not sure of this "statement"... you posted a picture of the "old card" versus "new" and they don't look the same at all.

Comment

btw. from what I've read about the P8404 connector is that it's a specific power source for 3d. The 12v for the Tcon such run through the LVDS..

Yeah they saved precies pennies avoiding printing on these boards...
        you have not posted any picture of the back to show how things are connected so one can only guess at "unlabelled" boards based on "connector familiarity"... that's a connector that I have seen on the tcon that provides 12v in, at least on some set. :-)

Comment

I'll give that a shot. There's a chip labelled: Pixel works Motion Engine which looks to run to the LVDS. I'll heat that. and observe.

I'll see if I can't find that fuse...
          you are referring to a chip on the tcon.... I was referring to the main board. You have checked / played with 2 tcons with "no good results" that is why I am suggesting moving on up to the main board as opposed to doing much more in tcon land at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by budwich View Post
            but I am not sure of this "statement"... you posted a picture of the "old card" versus "new" and they don't look the same at all.
            I'll take your experience over internet speculation

Comment

Originally posted by budwich View Post
              you are referring to a chip on the tcon.... I was referring to the main board. You have checked / played with 2 tcons with "no good results" that is why I am suggesting moving on up to the main board as opposed to doing much more in tcon land at this point.
              I'm leaning in a similar direction. Not knowing enough about how these things are put together I suppose I can't rule out the panel although to me I would expect other failure symptoms: half of the panel or a portion or image distortion etc. Not such clean and simple failure.

As soon as the TV is 'playing' anything the blue disappears. That paired with the dimming and trying two t-cons has me leaning towards some sort of chip failure on video processing. I'm hoping so.

Comment

Working...
              X