LG 42LG50 no backlight or display

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: LG 42LG50 no backlight or display

Did you recap the electrolytic capacitors on the top right? Also test the two blue film capacitors on the bottom right to see if they match the ratings.

Comment

Originally posted by syaoran123 View Post
      Did you recap the electrolytic capacitors on the top right? Also test the two blue film capacitors on the bottom right to see if they match the ratings.
      He's already gotten the backlights to turn on by disconnecting the top ribbon cable from the t-con. I'd say that rules out any problems with the power supply. He tried a t-con, and got the same readings from the replacement. That leads me to believe that both are ok. I think it comes down to the main board or the master inverter.
      ------------signature starts here------------

Comment

Originally posted by lookimback View Post
        He's already gotten the backlights to turn on by disconnecting the top ribbon cable from the t-con. I'd say that rules out any problems with the power supply. He tried a t-con, and got the same readings from the replacement. That leads me to believe that both are ok. I think it comes down to the main board or the master inverter.
        Im not sure what you mean. Why do you rule out the power supply? Recapping is the first thing you should do on a tv pre-2010. Whether it fixes it or not.

Comment

Originally posted by syaoran123 View Post
          Im not sure what you mean. Why do you rule out the power supply? Recapping is the first thing you should do on a tv pre-2010. Whether it fixes it or not.
          If you go back and read from the beginning, you'll see that he has all his voltages. He also got the backlights to turn on. I don't think it makes sense to spend money on something which isn't the problem. If he is able to fix it, maybe then it might make sense to recap it.

Comment

Originally posted by lookimback View Post
            If you go back and read from the beginning, you'll see that he has all his voltages. He also got the backlights to turn on. I don't think it makes sense to spend money on something which isn't the problem. If he is able to fix it, maybe then it might make sense to recap it.
            I agree. I think the power supply is ok. But wouldn't you surmise that the master inverter is ok if the backlights come on? Or could that still be defective?
            I'm still going to exchange this new T-Con to see if I happened to get a defective replacement (which has happened to me before), but if that doesn't fix it then in my mind it was narrowed down to main board or panel.

Comment

If you have the nearly the exact same voltage readings on the replacement Tcon, I think it probably isn't the problem. But, it's cheap enough that I'd probably try another one. The master inverter would be the last thing I'd try. I think that getting the backlights on, you should have had picture, but I don't know how that circuit affects the rest of the Tcon. I Don't think it's the panel, because you tried removing ribbon cables from the Tcon and still didn't get picture. I think it's going to be the main board. Did you look closely for cracked solder joints at all the connectors on the main board?

Comment

Also, check the solder joints at all the connectors on the power supply since the inverter circuits do run through it.

Comment

I know it has been a long time, but I just wanted to follow up on this for closure in case someone else finds this thread in the future

The problem turned out to be the main board. I replaced that and all is well.

Comment

Working...
                  X