Samsung LE37B550A5WQXU intermittent fault

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung LE37B550A5WQXU intermittent fault

I seem to have a very strange fault with this tv, most of the time it works fine but will occasionally turn off and on again it will sometimes make a nasty crackling noise through the speakers when it does this normally i leave it off for a while and will be ok when i turn it back on. The other thing about this fault is this never happens when using the tv to listen to the radio through the radio channels. also when watching tv sometimes the signal drops even tho we have good signal strength. not sure if there is a issue with some components overheating. thank for reading

Re: Samsung LE37B550A5WQXU intermittent fault

Post some high resolution, straight shot pictures of the PSU and the main board. Maybe we can see something.

Comment

Hopefully these pictures are ok, I took some extra pics of the main board as I noticed some kind of residue on it underneath. I think the power supply board maybe ok all output voltages seem ok the only one that is low is the second from the end I think pin 14 labeled (det) was 2.9 volts when is marked 5 volts. When I ran TV again I could not get it to fail (sods law) I even tryed to apply some heat to main board but would not fail! Let me know if you need anymore info cheers
      Attached Files

Comment

antenna socket looks a bit stretched on inner pin .
        have you tried using input to scart to rule out tuner section ? maybe sky box or vhs or something .
        just remembered i had one with bad cap under metal cover that did same fault . found it with heat and freeze spray
        Last edited by petehall347; 12-13-2017, 09:19 AM.

Comment

Yer I see that too, I can sort that but TV did still power off when using scart and hdmi the only time it never failed with signal or turning off was when I used TV to listen to radio, I'll try having a look at cap under metal cover is it easy to remove? Do u mean u heated metal cover to make it fault?

Comment

cant remember if it was heat or cold that made it fail .

Comment

I was thinking it could be a overheating issue, I have read some older threads that say it could be down to ir on off touch pannel on the front but not sure how I would be able to test that
              Last edited by Bing; 12-13-2017, 04:19 PM.

Comment

There isn't much you can do with this one. I'd clean it up with rubbing alcohol, put it back in and see what happens. If it does this again, I'd test is if it only does this while watching via the coaxial tuner, or if does this at the HDMI / SCART inputs as well. Go from there.

Comment

heating and cooling areas can find it quick or slow ..just remember to never use a mains powered soldering iron to heat up suspect parts with power on . dont ask i found that out .. unplug iron first .

Comment

You don't do that with a soldering iron period. You use a hair dryer, a hot air station or something along that line. Also don't heat it like crazy so things melt or burn. 50 or 60C are way enough.

Comment

Originally posted by CapLeaker View Post
                      You don't do that with a soldering iron period. You use a hair dryer, a hot air station or something along that line. Also don't heat it like crazy so things melt or burn. 50 or 60C are way enough.
                      i never thought a few seconds would do any harm when homing in on suspect to be certain it was correct part . hair drier and cold spray is hard to pinpoint one component .

Comment

Just an update, as advised by in previous post I cleaned the main board with alcohol, nipped the pin together on the the aireal in port, and put TV back together had it on for about 4 days and had no problems at all on any inputs which is a good job as my son will be needing it to play his new X box on on Xmas day! I will probably be keeping this TV so if it fails again I will re post but thanks for the advice and replies merry Christmas!

Comment

Working...
                        X