Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Samsung Plasma PN43F4500BF will not turn on please help

Originally posted by tom66 View Post
    There's a block of four holes in the top right of the board.

Holes 3 and 4 need to be jumpered together. You can solder a wire between these or use something like a pair of tweezers.

These panels will turn off the "priming" when the panel is not displaying any picture. So it will go completely black. If the control board LED is blinking approx once a second, then the control board is running, and it should be working. This usually means the X-main and Y-main are working too, excepting some rare faults.

If your test patterns are good when the PS-ON is jumpered, then it proves everything except the main board is good. So replace the main board.

It is probably bad flash memory, which could be repaired if you have the replacement image. Unfortunately, they are rarely available.
    Ok thank you Tom66 I will replace the main. Also thank you to everyone else for helping me with this I greatly appreciate it. I'll report back once I get the main after Christmas because the post office is crazy busy now I don't want my package in limbo. Cheers.

Comment

tom66 +1. In the later plasma models I think the control board led blinks twice a second from memory and have recall reading a program update on Samsung site was available but of course can't get it to take in normal course if set won't stay on!

Comment

Originally posted by maxvalutech View Post
        tom66 +1. In the later plasma models I think the control board led blinks twice a second from memory and have recall reading a program update on Samsung site was available but of course can't get it to take in normal course if set won't stay on!
        You can actually update these via the UART port on them.
        In fact I'm currently working on reverse engineering a Samsung plasma control board software package, to see what's going on on the processor (more of a curiosity, than anything.)
        Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
        For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Working...
        X