Samsung Plasma S50HW-YB01

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung Plasma S50HW-YB01

Hey folks back with another problem on a plasma no less. My buddy had his unit hooked up to cable via the HDMI ports on the AV board when lightning ran in on it. Of course the board fried . He switched the input to component and the unit worked so he watched it that way until he asked me to fix it if possible. I replaced the av board looked over all the other boards and found no visual problems. I figured the guy lucked out big time. Well maybe not so much. The unit tries to power on the screen flickers the relay clicks the front on button flashes blue and then click turns it self off. This repeats continously. I have checked the X and Y boards, voltages are spot on, no bad caps, that are visible. This has got me stumped. I watched the Shop Jimmy video dealing with this problem that showed testing the X and Y boards. I followed it to the letter but the clicking continues. Their video stops after telling you what to replace if one of the boards when unplugged stops the clicking. They don't tell you how to procede if the clicking continues. So does anyone have some suggestions? I am in debt to my buddy because he did some car repairs for me and since I have already bought one board I really want to fix this thing. Will post pictures if you feel it necessary but there isn't much to see. If anyone has a link to a service manual I would appreciate it also. Thanks in advance. Coin

Re: Samsung Plasma S50HW-YB01

I think you bought a dead mainboard. What is the model number on the back of the tv?
    Looks like you posted the plasma panel model instead.

Comment

Re: Samsung Plasma S50HW-YB01

S50HW-YB01 is the model number located on the label on back of the unit. I finally found 2 bad caps hidden under a heat sink. I am in the process of replacing them now. will keep you posted.

Comment

Working...
      X