Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung ue46d6530

Hey everyone
    Was hoping someone might have some thoughts on this problem....
    Above tv obviously
    Was watching prison break screen froze and appeared to dim slightly with maybe a horizontal line but not sure, for only a few seconds before going blank.
    Sound appears Ok.
    Turn off and on again and top right of screen lights up for a few seconds before going out.
    I think the back light is on because it gets dimmer when powered off.
    Really hoping it's not the screen but things I've read on forum suggest it could be.
    Cheers.
    Mike

Re: Samsung ue46d6530

Need good clear straight on pictures of back of tv with cover off and each board.

Need voltages from connector that goes from power supply board to main board. Will need pin#- PIN DESCRIPTION -Pin voltage in standby-Pin voltage when pushing power button and picture of connector on power supply board.
    Format:
    Pin# - Pin Description - Pin Voltage standby - Pin voltage power on
    1 - XXXXXXX - XXv - XXXv
    2 - XXXXXXX - XXXv - XXXv
    3 - XXXXXXX - XXXv - XXXv
    4 - etc.
    I assume no responsibility for any stupid suggestions I might post.

Comment

Super, thx for yr reply. I'll get onto that over nxt couple of days and post photos.

Comment

Hi
        Pin #, reading with backlight on, off, description

1,, 3.4, 0, od level
        2,, 0.23, 0, p_dim4
        3,, 3.4, 0, Od on/off
        4,, .23, 0, P_dim3
        5,, 0, 0, Gnd
        6,, .23, 0, P_dim2
        7,, 12.7 0, B13v
        8,, .23. 0, P_dim1
        9,, 12.7 0, B13v
        10, 12.7, 0 B13v
        11, 12.7, 0, vamp
        12, 5, 0, BLU on/off
        13, 12.7, 0, vamp
        14, 0, 0, gnd
        15, 0, 0, gnd
        16, 0, 0, gnd
        17, 5.4, 0, b5v
        18, 5.3, 5.3, a5v
        19, 5.4, 0, b5v
        20, 3.3, 0.23, power on/off

Pictures to follow as to post from phone

Comment

Not sure these are attaching
          Attached Files

Comment

Try again mike
            Attached Files

Comment

Again
              Attached Files

Comment

And last one
                Attached Files

Comment

Could you please remove the cable from the mainboard ( black cable/white connector ) thats going to the power supply.
                  Turn the tv on , does the backlight turn on? You will notice the small round circles on the back of the panel light up.
                  I only repair Panasonic plasma tv's! Currently owning a TX-P55VT50 and still searching for a ZT60!

Comment

Removed power cable, afraid there no back light now. Although power supply does click once power connected. No more action afterwards despite several pushes of standby button.

Comment

Ok do the same with the cable attached to the mainboard , do you see backlight on the back of the panel? ( Light through small circles )
                      I only repair Panasonic plasma tv's! Currently owning a TX-P55VT50 and still searching for a ZT60!

Comment

Up, once connected back light comes on once power on. Standby appears to work and there's a line across screen

Comment

Ok , so the power supply , backlight is working. Mainboard seems to work also because you have sound.

Please remove 1 of the ribbon cables from the panel to the T-CON board , thats the small board on picture 2.

Comment

Please turn off the tv when you are disconnecting the ribbon cables. Start with 1 ribbon cable and turn the tv on , do the same with the other ribbon cable.

Looks like you got a short between panel and T-con.
                            Last edited by Moreno83; 05-07-2017, 11:02 AM.

Comment

Hi, I'm sorry, is the t-con board the small one with only one ribbon cable plz.

Comment

Ok, disconnected biggest ribbon from smallest board, assume t-con, to the I assume video board. Powers up, back light comes on, no more white line across screen. So screen looks better but no graphics. I have nothing connected to to so unable to tell if anything is working.

Comment

Oh yeah, also standby light flashing lots once tv on.
                                  Tricky to turn off once all reconnected
                                  Last edited by Astro mike; 05-07-2017, 11:21 AM. Reason: Spell checker error

Comment

No no , thats is the wrong cable! It won't turn on if you are disconnecting that cable.

The T-CON board is the board on either the TOP or BOTTOM of the tv ( Differs per tv ). A big lvds cable connects the mainboard with the t-con , leave that cable where it is.

On the other side of the T-con there are 2 small ribbon cables that are going to the lcd panel. Try to remove 1 of these ribbon cables and see if you get a picture.

IT looks like this :

http://oi63.tinypic.com/68t3zp.jpg

Comment

Ok, I'm assuming it's the one at the bottom then that's buried under plastic mostly. With the biggest cable running to it. From this I'm guessing there are two or more other cables from that to the screen that I just can't see. Better get my spade out. Thx. 5 mins

Comment

Would be nice to have picture of whole back of tv. Looks like t-con is at bottom of tv. You will need to remove covers to expose t-con board and the two ribbon cables.
                                        I assume no responsibility for any stupid suggestions I might post.

Comment

Working...
                                        X