Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Plasma power failure Hitachi 42pd5200eh.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Plasma power failure Hitachi 42pd5200eh.

Ok tested the k2843. They all read 1
    Also tested other 3 white ceramic blocks. All read correct 4.7 there.
    Last edited by Portishead; 04-21-2016, 12:20 PM.

Comment

You can try testing the mosfets at a higher range setting until you get a reading. I suspect the mosfets are ok.

Comment

Ok, testing on 20k?? the only thing is one of them when probed g+d - it goes up and up to 20 then drops to 1 a lot faster than the other g+d

Apart from that they still read 1

Comment

Hopefully, when you touch the red and black probes together on any resistance range, you get something close to 0 ohms. If yes, then your mosfets should be ok.

Comment

Yes, joining my probes on any ohm setting it reads 0
            Double checked the mosfets again and they all definitely read 1 as above..
            Where now?????

Comment

Bump

Comment

Can you test resisters when still soldered to the board?

Comment

Any technical guys familiar with these plasma's ?
                  Able to give a hand?

Comment

Todays your lucky day.

Ive got a 42PD5200 and a 42PM?400E sets. The PD5200 doesnt work,( red light, goes green for a while--then back to red) but the PM (or whatever it is) does run until it shuts down in power-save with no input.

PD is in good condition, PM is grubby and dented rear. Ive not touched them apart from testing by powering up. No idea whats wrong with the PD or what PSU PM has, and don't intend to haul onto bench to find out--Bloody things weigh a ton!!

You can have 'em both for a tenner.....
                    TELEFIX

How PLASMA SCREENS WORK, X-SUS and Y-SUS what they do--
                    http://www.irf.com/technical-info/appnotes/an-1088.pdf
                    PLEASE DO NOT EMAIL ME PRIVATELY FOR REPAIR ADVICE. QUESTIONS BELONG ON THE FORUM!

Comment

That's a real pain if the pd doesn't work. Would be more trouble for me though wouldn't it.
                      I'd of had that.
                      I'd like a working one or damaged screen or so, then I could at least swap parts to find what's wrong with mine. But then I might as well keep a working one!! But kinda defeats the object of getting mine going and finding out why it won't stay on.......

Pd does have a slightly different fault to mine though.
                      My green light stays on.
                      Last edited by Portishead; 05-06-2016, 03:12 PM.

Comment

Err--So, You want 'em or shall I dump 'em....?
                        TELEFIX

PLEASE DO NOT EMAIL ME PRIVATELY FOR REPAIR ADVICE. QUESTIONS BELONG ON THE FORUM!

Comment

too be honest £10.00 for both is a real bargain if i was nearer i would of have them as projects

Comment

Originally posted by vinceroger69 View Post
                            too be honest £10.00 for both is a real bargain if i was nearer i would of have them as projects
                            I've got a project.... I can't fix that one!!!
                            It may be a bargain but I don't have the expertise to fix it.
                            Or in this case... All 3!!! Now.
                            Mine could be the power board but his one sounds like it too. But I wouldn't know. Shame.

I think those better be skipped until another comes along.
                            Last edited by Portishead; 05-07-2016, 01:12 PM.

Comment

Ah--Tis a shame, but I haven't the room in me tin-box to store 'em and just had another load in this morning....

The PM400E does work though, but no TV receiver side--Its just a monitor....

Well--How about I chuck in the 32" 5200 that does work OK too....?
                              TELEFIX

Comment

32pd5200?
                                I wonder what the power board is In that? If it's an mpf7409........

If it is, I'll take it

Comment

As I said--No idea, I'll leave that working 32" in the shop unmolested.

Three sets, --Two basically working for a tenner--And you're unsure....

Best I dump 'em I reckon--Cant please some people!....
                                  Last edited by Alastair E; 05-07-2016, 04:21 PM.
                                  TELEFIX

Comment

Yes.i can't do much with them. Need working boards...I'll see if I can find out what board is In the 32.
                                    Last edited by Portishead; 05-07-2016, 04:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Portishead View Post
                                      Yes.i can't do much with them. Need working boards...
                                      Ah--A board-swapper!

Shudda taken offer of sets to learn to repair boards--instead of the fitter's choice!
                                      --At moment you haven't confirmed that your power-board is in fact--Faulty!

Could well be the Y or X. those hitachi sets have comp/micro control over the psu--Comp says no--set no worky!....
                                      TELEFIX

Comment

Indeed. It could be any of them. I wouldn't know. If I take yours, I could be swapping a duff board for a duff board and get no where. Then again,I could get lucky.
                                        Are you coming up near Bristol at all along m4 anytime?
                                        Last edited by Portishead; 05-07-2016, 04:48 PM.

Comment

I don't really have other options. Difficult finding anyone to help with this one on a component level.

Comment

Working...
                                          X