Sanyo fw65d25t no picture; good sound

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sanyo fw65d25t no picture; good sound

Nomoresonys... Nice video and explanations of the power supply, main and T-con modules. I might be able to troubleshoot the missing n3.3v on the main board. Probably a bad regulator. Thanks for sharing. Still looking for a replacement main board.
    Don

Comment

I finally found a main board and installed it. It WORK!! But now sometimes on power cycling sometimes it comes up with pictures and sometimes not... only a backlight. I scoped the main board and found signals going to the frc module inputs but no outputs to the T-Con. The regulator on Frc shows normal voltages of (top to bottom)
      .6v
      1.8v
      I finally found the service manual of 33 pages which is really a degrace. No schematics. Poor troubleshooting tips. No real help at all. I replaced the frc but same issue. What turns on the frc outputs?
      Last edited by dcsharpsr; 03-05-2022, 08:28 PM.

Comment

Oh... and that strange blinking windowed message is now gone. It must have been the eprom on the other board

Comment

Maybe it's a problem on the frc board, since the signal comes in but doesn't make it out.

Comment

I'm thinking the same but I changed it out with with the same issue. Since I'm now thinking the main board must turn on the function of the frc. Heck... I don't know why it's intermittent.
            I did have a problem with the key switches with a broken wire so it was disconnected when it I had pictures. After resoldering the wire back on and pluging back into the main board, it stopped showing pictures. I found the 3 3v from the main board dissappeared so I unplugged the key connector but still no pictures now. The 3.3v on the main board came back.

Comment

not sure what all was tried, did you try unplugging the button board, speakers and wifi module? just to make sure none of them are causing the problem.

Comment

Working...
              X