LG | model # 60PV250 | have audio but black screen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LG | model # 60PV250 | have audio but black screen

So my 60" LG plasma TV stopped working and I would like to try to repair it, I'm not really experienced in TV repair however I'm confident enough to repair it myself if I know exactly what the problem is, I just need help pinpointing the issue.

I opened the TV up and cleaned all the dust from it and went over all of the capacitors very thoroughly with a magnifying glass and didn't notice any bulged or blown capacitors. The TV does have sound but NO picture at all, I also tried the flashlight trick to see if I could see ANYTHING and nothing showed behind the screen. I took off the power supply board and the Y sustain board and went over all of the capacitor connections on the back and front with a multimeter voltage detector and everything seemed good. I would like to mention that before the TV went completely black the colors were a little messed up for example a person's face would have green and purple colors on it.

Does anyone know what could be causing this? I'd appreciate it a ton if someone could try to help me find out exactly what's causing the problem so I can order the part and fix it
    Last edited by Myth; 03-27-2016, 07:45 AM.

Re: LG | model # 60PV250 | have audio but black screen

bump

Comment

Upload Good pictures of all the boards.

Check voltages:

Vs and va located on power supply
      Vsc and -vy located on y-sustain
      Zbias located on z-sus.

There should be test points or marked resistors that you need to measure across.

If you unplug the z-sus do you get an image?

Comment

Is there a green led blinking on the control board?

Comment

Check your Z-sustain. You may have bad IC's on the back side. What part number is your Z?

Comment

I unplugged the z-sus and a picture appeared, at first like 80% of the screen was covered in a black paint looking texture then as the TV was left on the black image slowly started to fade away. There was also a green blinking light on the control board. If needed I can still upload pictures of all the boards.

Comment

You have bad IC chips on your Z-sus

Comment

What would be the best option replace the whole board? Appreciate the help btw!

Comment

Here are pictures of the z-sus and a picture of the TV with the z-sus unplugged. Notice how you can see static behind the black image, that black texture slowly cleared up and both a playstation & cable showed a picture however it was a little fuzzy (I'm assuming because the z-sus was unplugged?) hopefully they help.

http://imgur.com/a/xvHKb
                  Last edited by Myth; 03-31-2016, 11:05 AM.

Comment

You can't replace the board, there are none left available. A repair service is your best option.

Comment

I noticed that the main fuse for the z-sus isn't getting any reading through it so today I'm going to go to a local store and replace the fuse, hopefully it doesn't pop again and is a simple $1-2 fix.

Comment

So I replaced the fuse on the z-sus and now when I try to turn on the TV it clicks, makes a faint buzzing sound then clicks again and never turns on. The buzzing seems to be coming from the z-sus board, anyone know why this is happening

Comment

fuse blew to begin with cause you have shorted components on the z-board.

Look at this link:
                          http://www.shopjimmy.com/lg-ebr73561...repair-kit.htm

Would that be something you could tackle?
                          Proud owner of dozens of broken TV's and many,many,many boards.

Our website and passion:http://hollenhundshepherds.com/

Comment

Nick's fixed the bad Zsus on my 60pv250.

Comment

Working...
                            X